Vaal Double Strike

I never used it before. Can't really say why.

Anyhow I did now. I am leveling with Cleave build and added Vaal Double Strike + Melee Splash + Melee Phys + Added Fire. Throughout normal this setup was amazing for boss kills or tougher rares. Even in cruel it works very fine. Areas with higher monster density are very fast to clear as I always have a charge up for big packs and they just melt. This is with a self found character, no leveling gear equipped.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
Is there any way to increase the number of clones that can be active? Looks like its 1 by default.
"
endoreggaton wrote:
Is there any way to increase the number of clones that can be active?

Nope.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
endoreggaton wrote:
Is there any way to increase the number of clones that can be active?

Nope.

Do we know if there's a particular reason for this?
It seems like the skill would be a bit more useful if each charge could summon a separate clone.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
I use this skill with Starforge and I think, the damage would simply be too broken with all 3 clones at once.
I checked it on my char in Path of Bulding. If I wore Abyssus, linked Vaal Double Strike to physical damage supports + poison and summoned all 3 clones at once - they would do 3 mln DPS for 5 seconds. How many bosses can survive that? They can't even fight back, because the clones are immortal.

The only problem with this skill is clone AI, but that's an issue with summons in general.
Last edited by osesek on Jun 20, 2017, 5:56:01 PM
I'm still a bit confused about Vaal Double Strike and how it interacts with "on Hit", specifically with Cospri's Will.

Cospri's Will states "Poison cursed enemies on hit". Which I understand as "hit from your skills", but since VDS is a double that uses my skills, will it be able to poison the enemies I cursed when it hits them?
"
Ravine wrote:
I'm still a bit confused about Vaal Double Strike and how it interacts with "on Hit", specifically with Cospri's Will.

Cospri's Will states "Poison cursed enemies on hit". Which I understand as "hit from your skills", but since VDS is a double that uses my skills, will it be able to poison the enemies I cursed when it hits them?
Yes.
That is an excellent news, thank you very much for the clarification!
"
osesek wrote:
I use this skill with Starforge and I think, the damage would simply be too broken with all 3 clones at once.
I checked it on my char in Path of Bulding. If I wore Abyssus, linked Vaal Double Strike to physical damage supports + poison and summoned all 3 clones at once - they would do 3 mln DPS for 5 seconds. How many bosses can survive that? They can't even fight back, because the clones are immortal.

Its like yyou have never played a blink/mirror arrow witch, I have 5 clone up consttantly and each one does around 2 mil dps with mmy sett up
Also I love the idea of a clone user. I used to play DOTA a lot back in Warcraft 3 days, and played the Phantom Lancer as a Main, clones are funn to work around and imo tthis sskill gem could use some fform of buff. The factt that tthe Clone doesssnt work with Minnion damage or anything of the sort is kindna lame. Also tto set it at 1 clone limit ssuckss, especially when you give it 3charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info