Vaal Double Strike

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 11:08:39 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 11:08:52 PM
"
Ok, my ignorance of summoner related things is showing well.

The double doesn't use my equipment, but it actually does (just the Mjolner). How else would you calculate Vaal Double Strike's DPS?
The double doesn't technically use any of your equipment - it does use your skill. Just like how a totem uses your skill, which is thus affected by your stats, the Double uses your Vaal Double Strike skill, with your stats.
"
noname2tellu wrote:
Kinda a wild question, if the double uses your Vaal Double Strike skill.. If it was linked to cast on melee kill or similar trigger gems could the double trigger these?
No. It's using your Val Double Strike skill, but doesn't have access to your gems/other skill, so can't see any other skills to trigger.

"
TheMaker51 wrote:
Any plans to make it so the double inherits your current buffs as wellas your stats? I know this isn't the case for mirror arrow clones and technically haven't tested it for vaal ds clones, but would assume it's the same.
Buffs work by giving stats. If you have any buffs that would affect the use of the skill, they do so already. It's exactly like how totems work by using your skills.
The Mirror shot clones are entirely different, and not relevant to the Double. It works like a totem.

"
HeaT1 wrote:
how do support gems interact with vaal double strike? if the double uses your stats, it would use a theoretical double strike with the support gems it has link to vaal double strike? so something like added fire would increase the double's damage? thanks!-HeaT
It's using your Vaal Double Strike skill. That skill includes all the support gems that are applied to the base skill.
Yes, that all sounds correct
"
Ravine wrote:
I'm still a bit confused about Vaal Double Strike and how it interacts with "on Hit", specifically with Cospri's Will.

Cospri's Will states "Poison cursed enemies on hit". Which I understand as "hit from your skills", but since VDS is a double that uses my skills, will it be able to poison the enemies I cursed when it hits them?
Yes.
Please post new feedback for this skill gem here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2160131
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info