[2.2] Arly's Lightning Arrow - Elemental Pathfinder

"
alkoxide wrote:
how do you manage life regen in reduced regen maps if youre using br? occasional pot?

also, why is blood dance such a necessity? why not use darkray if youve already got bloodrage?

You use blood dance so you don't need to use blood rage.

"
Misycs wrote:
This might be a silly question, but LA scales with phys dmg, so what makes it better to get flat ele dmg on a weapon instead of phys? Does WED scale more than the phys conversion on LA?

Because this build uses voltaxic to enable poison.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 27, 2016, 4:01:21 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
alkoxide wrote:
how do you manage life regen in reduced regen maps if youre using br? occasional pot?

also, why is blood dance such a necessity? why not use darkray if youve already got bloodrage?

"
Misycs wrote:
This might be a silly question, but LA scales with phys dmg, so what makes it better to get flat ele dmg on a weapon instead of phys? Does WED scale more than the phys conversion on LA?

Oops, I forgot to mention I was aiming at rare bows before you get voltaxic :P
So why phys and not ele on a magic bow?
Last edited by Misycs on Mar 27, 2016, 6:59:12 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
alkoxide wrote:

"
Misycs wrote:

do you use the poison gem or do you use snakebite + bloodrage? i didnt see a source of poison anywhere in the guide. thanks for answering these questions btw.
Last edited by alkoxide on Mar 27, 2016, 1:02:46 PM
"
Misycs wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
alkoxide wrote:

"
Misycs wrote:

Oops, I forgot to mention I was aiming at rare bows before you get voltaxic :P
So why phys and not ele on a magic bow?

Price is the main factor and the fact the tree does not take physical nodes so there is no reason to start off with a physical bow and use physical nodes then go to a voltaxic which is nearly zero physical damage.

You can certain grab a big ugly harbinger bow for a few hundred exalts and do la+p2l but you're going to 1 shot yourself on reflect.

"
alkoxide wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
alkoxide wrote:

"
Misycs wrote:

do you use the poison gem or do you use snakebite + bloodrage? i didnt see a source of poison anywhere in the guide. thanks for answering these questions btw.

Path finder.

These are basic questions ive written out in build information section.

Spoiler

The following ascendancy passive:
-Herbalist which allows you to poison on hit 100% of the time as long as you are actively using a flask. This will mean the converted lightning damage from voltaxic will poison enemies for both blast rain and LA.
-Master surgeon which will recharge a flask on crit 10% of the time in conjunction with diamond flask

Flask are an integral part of the build and you will want the following all with the experimenter's prefix to extend duration:
-A quicksilver flask of adrenaline
-A diamond flask to proc master surgeon and to sustain your crit chance
-A Basalt flask to provide physical damage mitigation
-An Atziri's promise to boost damage output as well as give a huge amount of chaos leech
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 27, 2016, 1:36:45 PM
Arly,

Or someone. Can anyone point me to the reduced mana reserved nodes for Ranger auras? I have searched the tree over and over along where I am at with Arly's progression at level 67 and cannot find them. I just bought an Alpha Howl, but can only run two aura's with it.

Or am I doing something wrong? TY.

And is it possible to run 4 auras such as Grace, Haste, Vitality and Wrath with Herald of Ice or another combo with this build?

Thank you.
Casual Player - who likes microtransactions and hideouts.
Last edited by rsalty on Mar 31, 2016, 11:52:20 AM
"
rsalty wrote:
Arly,

Or someone. Can anyone point me to the reduced mana reserved nodes for Ranger auras? I have searched the tree over and over along where I am at with Arly's progression at level 67 and cannot find them. I just bought an Alpha Howl, but can only run two aura's with it.

Or am I doing something wrong? TY.

And is it possible to run 4 auras such as Grace, Haste, Vitality and Wrath with Herald of Ice or another combo with this build?

Thank you.

With alphas and the aura cluster near VP you can run 50 50 25 auras and use blood magic gem to supply costs but I would recommend running using the mana version with just wrath and herald of ice unless there is a great need to run grace or anger instead.
"
Nephalim wrote:

With alphas and the aura cluster near VP you can run 50 50 25 auras and use blood magic gem to supply costs but I would recommend running using the mana version with just wrath and herald of ice unless there is a great need to run grace or anger instead.

Thank you. I am already running Wrath and HoI without trouble so I'll stick with those! I had just seen others posting they were running 5 auras.
Casual Player - who likes microtransactions and hideouts.
Hey, I'm wondering if would it be better to replace chain witha void manipulation in a 5-link.
"
Satsuki09 wrote:
Hey, I'm wondering if would it be better to replace chain witha void manipulation in a 5-link.

I'd say no.

Chain + GMP is a badass combo for Lightning Arrow.
I've been thinking about this build for some time as I really like the chaos dmg / reflect immunity idea. This is my first league that I'm actually playing and I've gone through with a couple chars 80+ to see what they're like and realized that reflect is a big deal in mapping. Which I like to do and finally be able to do on PHC.

Few days ago I finally invested in a 5l Voltaxic and also have a 5l coil to go with it, and also got some other useful items in stash (like the frenzy boots). Started a new ranger because I don't wanna give up my crit tornado one because she's so cool haha

Ok, that's a lot of introduction, sorry about it... here is my question:
Do I really need to do the crit path for this build? There are a LOT of chaos and elemental damage nodes in that area and I can easily get +201% chaos dmg before lvl70, and add +55% lightning dmg and a 86% of +elemental dmg nodes at end game. That's with a lot of defensive nodes included.
Example tree at 71:

Example tree at end game, with all available jewel slots, and frenzy charges and added elemental dmg nodes:

I could of course go the crit route as I did with TS ranger, but it feels like there is a lot of dmg potential though elemental... so am I wrong in assuming this? Main reason is that this way I could focus on fully defensive gear (since I don't need crit/multiplier) and just get %elemental on gear which is cheaper too.

One other question about ascendancy: I'll choose Deadeye as it seems best, but cannot decide whether the +1 chain or the +1 arrow is the better for this build. I know I could get a +1 arrow quiver and go with the chain but those quivers tend to be pricey.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info