1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

Looks good. Looks good. Definitely some changes I was hoping to see addressed. Well done!

Probably one of the main ones that I'm surprised not to see is: no mention of any Witch start changes (I thought it was on the cards, but maybe I'm wrong, or maybe it'll be later).

Looks good though, and I can't wait to see the new passive tree and play the new content.
Nerf, nerf dont know need to see that magic tree comon show us the tree...
"Fixed a problem that could cause crashes on certain Creative sound hardware."

Say it ain't so?

Only took 2 years to fix the BSODs with it.

"
casval776 wrote:
"
foufa wrote:
aaaaah all these complaints and fear of change make me remember our old friend Phase run.

You all have to know that whinning because your build that you were playing for 6 mounths is kind of silly, diversity comes from nerfing the high power builds to make place for the normal power builds to balance things out.

You should know that some nerfs made you consider some new builds that helped having fun and discovering new views of the game, change is always hard so why not just shut the hell up and consider what was good in the expansion. There are so many good in it, just look.

No, that's not how diversity works. You have two basic types of diversity in online games:

1) Everything is on a leveled playing field and the only separation is how the player chooses to make use of their options. No one skill, build, or piece of equipment is inherently better than the others. Obviously GGG failed at this since Alpha.

2) You have certain builds, skills, or pieces of equipment that are better than the others. To keep things fresh, you remove what made them exceptionally better than its competitors while still keeping it viable and slightly buff alternatives to move the meta into another direction.

On #2, this is where GGG obviously failed like so many other publishers before them. The keywords here are "While still keeping it viable." Obviously, by this, GGG took the option to nerf everything into the ground by taking the most backwards ass approach to it. Spark was a great option due to the AoE saturation. What was GGG's response to this? Better nerf every component to the Low-Life build and Spark with it. That way, all elements of the build are ridiculously useless.

You can't perfectly balance every skill in a complex system like this. There will always be skills that are a little better than others. And since people these days are all about cookie cutter and best effiency the majority will use these "better" skills. The crying on the forums about other things not being viable keeps going on while most people don't realise that most things are completly viable at late game - just not AS good as the top once. But does it really matter? No, because the main game is more about building builds one thinks are fun and the competetive part of the game is seperated in races.
Don't get me wrong, there are things that need to be buffed/reworkd (like Sweep, Cleave, Arctic Breath e.g.).

Also, you cannot buff everything to match the OP builds because this would lead to Power Creep which would destroy the game. You have to carefully chose where to buff and where to nerf. GGG doesn't always make the right decisions of course. But flaming everything without thinking about the consequences isn't going to help, either.
CTRL + F "Cleave"

Nope.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
LOl, this game is the most unfair shit ever.. yay everyone buying BoR's and selling them for 50ex each.. sold just one yesterday for 14ex when i could sell it today for 40.. the same happen with AA.. GG, i dont even know why i keep playing this, allways the same story..
Last edited by Kageyosh1 on Mar 4, 2014, 9:56:55 AM
I actually love them getting rid of IIQ and all that mess on the ground.

But - that means drop rarity will also slightly improve..........right?
"
Chris wrote:
Passive Skill Balance:
  • The Marauder starting area has been reworked substantially.
  • The area between the Duelist and Marauder has been reworked substantially.
  • The wheels of primary defenses around the Scion opening area have been changed to allow fast lateral progress. The values of the life wheel have been reduced. The Elusiveness notable has been removed.
  • The effectiveness of early Scion passives have been reduced.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmSu9gavFR35lTYTZbmnEuNX4vqfSTcAP1e1qk7ZBTioppVoaLIV08dRSIWBAoJ65BS3vTii1YIi_1USesHPstvH0U7tVqZe0rLrh2mFSG6qI7W1KgTol3xv6pBkB3OLqh2q-ingNWK9GaTbohyk6UjJ-Aeefy6cw976ezdIhVw3ZYWoeqBjyL6lutfJuqkrIiq-QEYLkNZKsWYjx52P-Crc-QYf56Bg8vSeTOghn0Ef8iesJCZYnIKbPGtkG7pdwYxcUIA==

I could not be more screwed, methinks. :P

Oh well. If my build gets totally hosed, I guess there's plenty to occupy me anyway... FFX HD and Dark Souls 2 coming out, woot...
Nice changes. Good item balancing.
IGN: MinusFour/Teeda
"
Chris wrote:
Version 1.1.0: Sacrifice of the Vaal

• Fixed bugs with font keming.

kerning*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info