1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

"
Fruz wrote:
"
casval776 wrote:
Stay with your runner-up choices, if even that, while the rest of us bark at the heels of efficiency. No one's mad at you for picking the build that placed #10 in terms of efficiency, however, as someone who played the build much longer than you have, it's a far-shot from being what it used to be, even after the initial nerfs.

idk, it seems normal to me that a safer archetype is less efficient in term of clearspeed for example, especially when it's not much gear dependant.
I'm not a pro of necros, I've just seen some perform well, that's all.

As previously stated, Scion patch destroyed most aspects of "safe" Summoner had going for it.

As you said, you're not a pro "necro," so don't speak as if you are. Your few experiences are bleeding through your arguments. If I'd even be gracious enough to call them arguments...

"
geradon wrote:
you kept your words, it's all about having a choice: perfect addition this vaal orb (genious name) which will serve as the long missing high level item sink cause players will not resist trying to get the uber item :)

Explain this to me.
Last few major patches completely decimated various builds. Even build that didn't even have a full set of uniques to compliment them. Regardless of that, GGG took it upon themselves to nerf those builds into the ground and attempt (I use that word kindly) to recover the impact of the nerfs with passives scattered across the tree that don't even come close to how the builds were played pre-nerf. Take into account that most of those builds weren't OP even before the nerfs.

Here's the onslaught of "choices" presented by GGG:

1) You have the option to play in permanent leagues with legacy equips and gems. You're also dealing with ridiculous inflation every 4 months and the league serves as nothing more than a dumping ground
2) You have the option to play in temporary leagues without legacy equips and gems. However, at the end of this league the odds of your build being nerfed are incredibly high, inflation rises higher and higher with each new temporary league and when the league has ended, you're stuck back in the permanent dumping ground leagues.

Of those, you have 2 build options:

1) The obvious superior choice. Fast clearing speed and high efficiency. Your odds of amassing some relative amount of wealth is high as long as you continue to play. However, these builds are bound to be nerfed later. We're not talking simple nerfs, we're talking about the gamebreaking nerfs that make your build utterly and completely useless. Much on par with Nova builds - useless.
2) The inferior choice with moderate-subpar clear speed and low-no efficiency. The odds of this build being nerfed is relatively 0 because it doesn't do anything special. In the event that this build does seem to do anything relatively well, it's probably going to be nerfed as well.

Quite a lot of choices - dumping ground vs temporary and 100% nerf vs 50% nerf. Exactly what I wanted from developers who cry "diversity" in every advertisement.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
"
Vaal Pact no longer suppresses life recovery from flasks. It still prevents life regeneration and now also reduces your leech by 60%.

Ouch. Well, my build just got nerfed through the floor. Was VP really so overpowered after it already got moved to the bottom of the tree?
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
creative sound fix finaly
"
After VP nerf i cant see how crit builds can survive reflect mods.

Probably because a huge crit build was never supposed to easily be able to handle reflect in the first place.

I had a flicker strike guy who survived double reflect. With a melee splash flicker of 100k dps. Could turn off my brain and kill anything. It got boring.

"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
"
After VP nerf i cant see how crit builds can survive reflect mods.

Probably because a huge crit build was never supposed to easily be able to handle reflect in the first place.

I had a flicker strike guy who survived double reflect. With a melee splash flicker of 100k dps. Could turn off my brain and kill anything. It got boring.

Obviously the solution was to nerf VP and not crit mechanics altogether. I can see your GGG-Style logic.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
Aw yeeaaa, can't wait to start a new Marauder in the Ambush League.
Pelerin of Wraeclast
"
feyith wrote:
Removing IIQ but still keeping it in the game...

So now the only people who are going to have that gem are RMT farmers and the other 10% of people who already control 90% of the economy.

GG?

I'd say it's more like 90% of the people that play Standard/Hardcore have IIQ gems. Everybody and their mother has them right now and have been hording them.
Woo! can't wait! :D
Post the tree!
Mirror of Kalandra?
aaaaah all these complaints and fear of change make me remember our old friend Phase run.

You all have to know that whinning because your build that you were playing for 6 mounths is kind of silly, diversity comes from nerfing the high power builds to make place for the normal power builds to balance things out.

You should know that some nerfs made you consider some new builds that helped having fun and discovering new views of the game, change is always hard so why not just shut the hell up and consider what was good in the expansion. There are so many good in it, just look.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info