Ambush challenge league is easier than standard?

I've heard that if you want good loot from the boxes you have to roll them with currencies such that the mobs that ambush you are quite difficult to kill.

You don't get a guaranteed unique with just a few white mobs to kill....
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Soon enough everyone will realize that Standard is indeed the hardest league of all.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
The guaranteed unique was a possible mod on a yellow strongbox. Maybe it takes you using an alch and re-rolling the box with 27 chaos orbs to get that mod though and you're left with 1c worth of items. Doesn't necessarily seem like GGG is necessarily going to be making it rain uniques.
Mostly the league-s
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
"
glh5 wrote:
I thought challenge leagues are supposed to be harder than the parent league. However in Ambush league players are granted free unique items from chests and more loot and orbs from the chests in general. What is up with this GGG? Oh and by the way, don't say that the monsters make it harder, because you would be killing monsters anyway.

It's not free, risk is involved. Though it's rather small because dying in softcore doesn't matter until you're 80+. The only risk involved is that boxes can be quite the currency sink.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
apparently drops cant be tuned even a little bit but free loot is totally fine lol
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
"
Weslie wrote:
They're not explicitly meant to be harder

It's explicitly supposed to be of equivalent difficulty or higher, never easier. That's been repeated time and time again.
"
glh5 wrote:
However in Ambush league players are granted free unique items from chests and more loot and orbs from the chests in general.

Do you even play the league?

Because if you did, you would know that such box affixes are extremely rare, you would need to sink in a lot of alterations / chaoses to have "guaranteed Unique on demand" and still the unique could be 1 chaos worth.
Hardcore is harder than softcore. There is no real difference in difficulty between standard and ambush (or domination for that matter). However good gear is a lot cheaper on standard and easier to come by.

Also as a sidenote you have 0 ambush characters, so maybe play the league before having a 'set-in-stone' opinion about it :)?
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Weslie wrote:
They're not explicitly meant to be harder

It's explicitly supposed to be of equivalent difficulty or higher, never easier. That's been repeated time and time again.

I always saw those quotes referencing possibly player owned leagues and races... I think GGG intends to keep the 4 month leagues on par with standard. The boxes and exiles provide challenge = to reward from what I've found. Shrines were just stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info