Ambush challenge league is easier than standard?

"
Xavderion wrote:
1700 life isn't exactly super defensive :(

Neither is 40% block, +armour from Granite and 77% all res, but it really depends on what level you are.

If he's level 30 then I'd say it's a pretty defensive build.

At least in Ambush you have a choice about activating the content that could potentially oneshot you... (butthurt Invasion rip, wasn't even oneshot, i'm just a baddy)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
"
Xavderion wrote:

At level 40 in which I was refering to getting instagibbed a lot, with +life on all gear slots gear and good +life percentage nodes and mind over matter it is. I take 30% less damage while I have mana, which is always.

Now that I'm level 60ish and have only about 2300 life, it's far too little. Had to get some nodes for the build now it's all +life nodes from there on out pretty much.

Sorry, I work full time. Can't play this game 18 hours a day :(
I had a box , can't remember name , this was on cruel . Dropped me a 200% Belly of the beast , which I promptly sold cheap just to get me some currency .

It's not easier , I've died many more times with the same char I started in standard . To this same point I have died a few times , standard none .
ROFL @ Hardcore in this game . ALT F4 for FTW . Hardcore my arse .
Last edited by Nodders on Mar 11, 2014, 6:30:16 AM
boxes are pretty much free inhabitation bonuses.

If you get a cartographer box on 75+ maps then you hit the jackpot.
"
AmbushRacer wrote:

Cart boxes got nerfed in a hot fix... read your patch notes.
the strongboxes can be dangerous, especially in maps and when that FPS drops to zero every time you open one.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
"
PsionicKitten wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

At level 40 in which I was refering to getting instagibbed a lot, with +life on all gear slots gear and good +life percentage nodes and mind over matter it is. I take 30% less damage while I have mana, which is always.

Now that I'm level 60ish and have only about 2300 life, it's far too little. Had to get some nodes for the build now it's all +life nodes from there on out pretty much.

Sorry, I work full time. Can't play this game 18 hours a day :(

Those stats at level 40 are indeed very tanky. But I never had problems with box monsters, I usually pop a granite and never get below 50% health. Maybe I was just lucky?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
glh5 wrote:
I thought challenge leagues are supposed to be harder than the parent league. However in Ambush league players are granted free unique items from chests and more loot and orbs from the chests in general. What is up with this GGG? Oh and by the way, don't say that the monsters make it harder, because you would be killing monsters anyway.

You get unique items from chests?

All I get is whetstones and mirrored white items. Even chests with +1900% rarity and +3 rare items wind up dropping zero rares or uniques.

My best chest drop

Descent enough rings. Wish I could use them without tanking my other resists.

.. You mirrored that? I mean.. it's good, but it's not "that" good.
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
Last edited by Varanice on Mar 11, 2014, 9:06:21 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
AmbushRacer wrote:

From one box last night, in Sewers.

I can live with Cartographers chests dropping only 4 maps.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
AmbushRacer wrote:

What exactly is your point? mobs still spawn and grant exp/maps and the cartographer boxes still drop maps, though not at an insane rate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info