Ambush challenge league is easier than standard?

why are you playing standard, new league = new content. plus most of the experienced players are on the new leagues. much more fun than dead boring standard. GO PLAY NEW LEAGUE NOW!!!!!
Was Domination easier than Standard? Hell no, after the league ended I played some Standard to level up my marauder (don't like quitting a char at lvl as low as 64) and it was basically a walk in the park. In a week and a half I encountered maybe 2 exiles and without shrines even rare maps were kinda easy to solo. Also, with the crazy amounts of currency that dropped I could just try to craft everything I wanted or give desired items/gems away and still maintain my wealth.
"
Dzwonsson wrote:
Was Domination easier than Standard? Hell no, after the league ended I played some Standard to level up my marauder (don't like quitting a char at lvl as low as 64) and it was basically a walk in the park. In a week and a half I encountered maybe 2 exiles and without shrines even rare maps were kinda easy to solo. Also, with the crazy amounts of currency that dropped I could just try to craft everything I wanted or give desired items/gems away and still maintain my wealth.

I haven't played Domination league because the whole shrine thing is shit to me.

Now, I'm playing Ambush league, shrines are so horrible, they don't make content harder at all, but easier, although by a small amount.
And they clutter the screen, fits the game nicely.

Just to end up with a really bad content, shrines suck badly.

@OP
When my screen freezes for 1 sec until the monster packs are loaded on a rare strongbox, ad yet they are able to attack, and before the fight has even started, I'm down to <50% life.

Not to mention the desync with them.

I wonder if they're going to make the "grace period" (or something) until monsters are loaded, this is just plain retarded, but it kinda fits the GGG's type of hard content.

Free uniques? That must surely come from someone who has no idea about what he's talking about.
That mod is extremely rare, and most of the time it yields low level uniques, just like MF in general.

Horrible OP, 1/10.
Last edited by tinko92 on Mar 10, 2014, 9:52:03 AM
"
glh5 wrote:
I thought challenge leagues are supposed to be harder than the parent league. However in Ambush league players are granted free unique items from chests and more loot and orbs from the chests in general. What is up with this GGG? Oh and by the way, don't say that the monsters make it harder, because you would be killing monsters anyway.

You get unique items from chests?

All I get is whetstones and mirrored white items. Even chests with +1900% rarity and +3 rare items wind up dropping zero rares or uniques.

My best chest drop

Descent enough rings. Wish I could use them without tanking my other resists.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Mar 10, 2014, 10:11:36 AM
A few days into the new leagues and those damn chests have caused more deaths than everything else combined. Freeze on activation + monster load is a bitch.

Can't wait to get my hands on a Quartz flask with + movement speed modifier.
If you're executing an objective for items, they are not free. Just like the inner treasure mod wasn't free loot, and the guaranteed unique at the of the unique crypt map is also not free. There have been many occasions when I ask myself why do I bother doing strongboxes. The risk and reward is NOT balanced. Love when an exile pops out of box and he and the box drop white and blue items. Could have used that time to progress further in an area and gotten the same shit or more.
I've insta ripped to so many ignite strongboxes now :3
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Mar 10, 2014, 12:44:15 PM
"
Gaza wrote:
Mirrored Items =/= Mirror Worthy Items, just that they can't be modified.

Precisely this. I found a 'mirrored' chest and it was full of crap whites. And has GGG explicitly stated that a chest that guarantees a unique item exists? Because if it does, I'm certain that it is extremely rare and spawns about as often as certain very rare uniques do.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Despite super defensive builds some chests are simply one shot kills.

40% block
Arctic Armor
1700 life 600 mana, mind over matter (high regen on both due to eldritch battery and stuff)
overcapped resistances to 77%
Searing Totem up.
3 Fire Traps up
Vaal Molten Shell activated
Granite Flask up

Still several chests are one shot kills.

I don't know about you, but 5% or 10% experience loss isn't "free loot." The way they spawn instantly and insta-gib even very defensive builds makes me want to play a pure defense trapper, so that instead of me being insta-gibbed when they come out, it's the opposite way.

I don't use all that now, I get instagibbed just a little less with higher life and mana but it still happens.
Last edited by PsionicKitten on Mar 10, 2014, 10:48:44 PM
1700 life isn't exactly super defensive :(
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info