[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

"
Deimar wrote:
For a HC character, is going all the way up to Static Blows really needed? Does it make that much of a difference to your dps?

20% chance to shock.

Let's assume 3 mobs in a cluster and you hit all 3 with LA.

Chance of at least 1 shock stack going off on your desired target?

48.8%.

40% damage boost on that one shock.

On that single target, if you get at least 1 shock stack, it's a 20% DPS boost. As you keep firing, shock goes up, making it a total average of around 60% DPS boost by triple shock time.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
Great guide!

just a quick question but

where do you guys find/buy your 5L equipment? i really can't find any, and as a result been using 4Ls.
guess i'm really unlucky then.
IGN: Jifslam
On the build, Im just wondering, you use so many points to get up to static shock but is shock really worth it over plain crit? For a much lower amount of points you could get super high crit chance.. kinda confused here.
^ because of resolute technique u cant crit, so i think thats were shock comes into play
hey any chance u can link some gears so i see what to look for, i saw the post where it says what to look for, but i kinda wanna c the items so i know for sure what to look for lol..
in your "personal favourite" build, how are you able to maintain your mana with no blood magic and with 6 auras?! are we just spamming mana pots while attacking fast?
"
Baron01 wrote:
Interesting update and change of key passive nodes of the build.

There are some inconsistencies now in the OP: You have removed BM and do not go for templar elemental nodes but you still refer to this in your FAQ order of skills to pick.

I would also appreciate if you can put down some reasoning why did you decided to:
- removal BM
- why going after auras so heavily (some calculation/experience that this is more powerful)
- significant drop in DEX from the original build

Jolly roger, here we go.

Inconsistencies? Read back and notice there are two passive builds in the OP now. An early/mid game one, and a late game one. BM is respecced out of in the late one, but it's still in the early/mid one. I checked it when I read your post; no corrections need to be made. Also Templar has two types of nodes, ED and WED, I specifically refer to WED which I do take.

Reasoning for removal of BM is fairly obvious - being able to pump all the auras into the mana pool, and having 100% HP available.

The significant drop in Dex can be fixed by going above the 9% iAS ring to grab +40 DEX +4% iAS for 2 more points. A good way to find three extra points is to have some random Mana on items, then you can respec out of the iMP on the right, repath IR to gain one more point, and invest two of the new points above the 9% iAS ring and one more wherever you desire (HP?). This was already planned for; but isn't quite obvious at first sight.

Now, lastly, when it comes to auras... In this build you pay a total of fifteen points to be able to run 6 of these auras.

So, what do you get with the upgrade?

[values with Inner Force, before you ask me wtf]
+52% increased armour from Determination OR 2.6% HP regen per sec from Vitality
+15% increased attack speed from Haste
+7% increased movement speed from Haste
+5% increased resistance cap from Purity
+35% to all elemental resistances from Purity

For 15 points, to get those stats, you can invest two in Diamond Skin nodes and one in a 6% node to get 36% ER, three points in Steel Skin to get +50% armour (HP regen wise, you can get +0.8% for 2 points, the rest is not available in the passives! Considering HP regen nodes are usually about 0.7% on average, this is about the same point worth - 3 points. Considering you only picked up the three large ones and one small one in Mara start, the value of the remaining .4% nodes is largely diminished), 2 points to get Celerity for 8% movement speed. That's 7 points, 8 points left to justify. For the remaining 8 points you get 15% attack speed and 5% resist cap. Considering the average value of iAS nodes you can possibly reach with this build is between 2.5% and 3% (lets round it up to 3%; not counting Berserking in here as it would skew the calculation), 5 of those points go into attack speed (though you cannot really invest into that in the tree anymore!), and 3 points is the remaining cost of 5% resist cap. Your resist cap before this was 80%, so you were still taking 20% elemental damage. Now your cap is 85%, which reduces the 20% by 5%, therefore you practically reduce 25% of the remaining damage.

Worth it?
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
doubleDs wrote:
in your "personal favourite" build, how are you able to maintain your mana with no blood magic and with 6 auras?! are we just spamming mana pots while attacking fast?

As specified in the OP as well, you use Blood Magic support gems for the skills. Even for curses. You spend 0 mana from the mana pool, it all works on HP. The mana pool is merely a static pool to pull the auras from.

"
drakon3rd wrote:
hey any chance u can link some gears so i see what to look for, i saw the post where it says what to look for, but i kinda wanna c the items so i know for sure what to look for lol..

My current gear; not really good, but caps me out on resists, reduces Chaos penalty as well, gives me about 45% average physical reduction (with Granite I have 16.5k armour which puts that at 90%), gives me 2.1k HP and a TON of DPS (single target Frenzy DPS 4.1k, with Elemental Hit a bit less because the added ED isn't counted in the tooltip, Lightning Arrow 1.5k DPS).

Spoiler

Notice I prefer Charge Recovery on my Granite and Quicksilver... It really saves my ass, there is no better affix setup for those two flasks than what I have, for this build. The HP flasks are standard; one is a quick recovery flask, one is a duration recovery flask, and one is an instant recovery on low life flask. The instant one also has Curse removal/Immunity, which is wonderful.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Will reach lvl 74 this evening and cant stand docks anymore. So i will start doing maps - found 8 lvl 66 maps so far. Hope this will last for some time.

Biggest problem with this build is to find decent gloves. Attackspeed gloves are REALLY rare ;( and i dont see any way to you gloves without attack speed.
Spoiler

Best i could find so far. I dont even see any really great ones on trade - and i guess if there were some they would be kind of unavordable.
Last edited by return33 on Feb 22, 2013, 4:28:16 AM
Venator, may i ask, whats your HP? How often can you fire LA till your out of mana? Since i understood, you are using 6 Auras on your mana now? And no more bloodmagic..

I don't see this viable in HC, the 2nd version (your preferred one) is more of a Default Version eh :p
My Static Strike Marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211370
Our Map Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977/page/1

Avoid: BKR, apinkpwny

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info