[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

"
HungryHill wrote:
"
Hojirozame wrote:
"
sooooooo this marauder bow build is shit against elemental reflect? what do we do against that then?

If your resists are maxed then you won't have many problems, and Resolute Technique prevents burst damage against you from crits (which would 1-2 shot you depending on your dps).

RT isnt about preventing crits against you. It is that u cant deal any crits in exchange for 100% accruacy, isnt it?

Sorry I should have been clearer. If you didn't have RT and you scored a crit on a reflect mob, you also get hit with that extra damage. This usually happens if you're attacking and hit a reflect mob off-screen and can't react in time to either stop attacking or pop a flask. RT prevents this from happening.
Last edited by Hojirozame on Feb 2, 2013, 6:11:45 AM
"
Pi314 wrote:
Spoiler
i was making a lightning bow Mara then came across this thread.

1) my main attack link would be: Lightning arrow, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Fork
THat should give me 6 arrows.

but your split arrows-Weapon Elemental Damage-fork starts at 6 arrows and goes up.
Genius!

No need to get LMP now.

2) never thought about Wrath/Static blows. extra 40% dmg to enemies that are shocked.
Does shock also stun them? or they can still swing at you while shocked?

if the latter, then is it worth wasting all those skill points on INT to get to Static Blows? We dont use INT for anything else. (We dont need mana because of Blood magic.)

3) Instead of Static blows/elemental dmg and all those INT nodes to get to them, how about Iron Reflexes plus the elemental dmg nodes near it?

i would love to use Iron reflexes and convert all those STR nodes into projectile dmg.
It's like we're wasting 1/2 of STR nodes.

4) No 8% Chaos resist node near the Ranger's weapon elemental dmg section?

5) Why no Blood drinker (2% phys dmg leeched back as life)?

6) If i find a +40% dex quiver, should I use an orb to make it yellow rare?
or stick with the cheaper blue magical orb since if I dont like the stats, I can use another cheap orb to re-roll the stats?

1. Yeah that was my idea on how to avoid needing a 4L item straight out along with Chain and LMP.

2. Shock does not stun them. You see the mobs getting a blue-ish electrified-like colour when they are shocked, but it does not provide any CC effect (Crowd Control). It stacks three times for a total of 120%, and it works as a multiplier. INT comes in useful to be able to equip certain items and skill gems (Wrath comes to mind; it requires over 100 INT at higher level).

3. Iron Reflexes is not worth it because of the way it works. Several explanations through the thread.

4. 1 skill point for 8% Chaos resist. I wouldn't take it; but you are free to. My build is merely a template upon which you may change anything you want!

5. Blood drinker is a useless node because it only works on the physical part of the damage you deal, and in this case your physical output will be miserable.

6. Don't bother wasting Alchemy orbs on low level items. A much better way would be to trade your currencies for yellow items in the trade chat. However you may use the Transmutation orbs, you get plenty of those throughout the game. I wouldn't suggest changing those stats though; because the orb that changes them is very, very valuable once you hit lvl65.

EDIT: talk about luck... As I was plowing my way through The Ledge a couple of times, I randomly drop a really nice weapon. Bye bye split arrow until a bit higher level and better bow hehehe
Spoiler
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Feb 2, 2013, 7:04:12 AM
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

When you compare the amount of elemental damage and the amount of physical damage (flat values) that you can reach on your character (we are talking about using bows exclusively!), the amount of elemental Far surpasses the amount of physical

i dont understand why physical bows dont deal more dmg than elemental bows? the critical hit multiplier nodes surpasses the elemental dmg nodes.

and what do u mean by flat values?
Last edited by Pi314 on Feb 2, 2013, 8:03:04 AM
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

I wouldn't suggest changing those stats though; because the orb that changes them is very, very valuable once you hit lvl65.

Orb of Alteration is the orb that changes stats.
-Reforges a magic item with new random properties

why is it more valuable at lvl 65? it only works on blue magical, and not yellow rares?

Last edited by Pi314 on Feb 2, 2013, 8:09:41 AM
"
Pi314 wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

When you compare the amount of elemental damage and the amount of physical damage (flat values) that you can reach on your character (we are talking about using bows exclusively!), the amount of elemental Far surpasses the amount of physical

i dont understand why physical bows dont deal more dmg than elemental bows? the critical hit multiplier nodes surpasses the elemental dmg nodes.

and what do u mean by flat values?

For example, you might get a bow with 1-60 Lightning Damage, 1-60 Fire Damage, 1-60 Cold Damage. Then you can stack those same numbers on 2 rings, amulet, gloves, quiver. And how much Physical Damage can you stack up? Yep. Physical bow builds are far behind ED bow builds (sadly).

"
Pi314 wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

I wouldn't suggest changing those stats though; because the orb that changes them is very, very valuable once you hit lvl65.

Orb of Alteration is the orb that changes stats.
-Reforges a magic item with new random properties

why is it more valuable at lvl 65? it only works on blue magical, and not yellow rares?

Maps! You don't want to waste good maps by playing them with bad stats; and you will need tons of Alterations to get good ones.
Hey,

yesterday i switched to a bow on my Mara and i really like the gameplay.
But the way the Marauder Model looks with a bow.. ....
Is a reason for me to not make this kind of character again. Next time i would start from Scout or Duelist Area, i guess ;D
Probably you should address this issue in the first post, maybe with some pictures or videos..
Anyways, thx for the time you devoted into this thread :)
but orb of alterations are also easy to get?
just sell identified blue magic items to vendor for alteration shards.
"
For example, you might get a bow with 1-60 Lightning Damage, 1-60 Fire Damage, 1-60 Cold Damage. Then you can stack those same numbers on 2 rings, amulet, gloves, quiver. And how much Physical Damage can you stack up? Yep. Physical bow builds are far behind ED bow builds (sadly).

The physical build still gets +30% ele dmg and +30% lightning dmg. The marauder build gets like +80% ele dmg, or +110% in the very end if you get the 30% from the ranger area. It's not like the physical build gets no elemental damage bonuses at all, and flat physical damage on gear gets a much bigger bonus, but the elemental build gets almost no physical bonuses. The marauder build also spends a ton of points just getting around the skill tree.
Last edited by Jakabov on Feb 2, 2013, 10:55:30 AM
"
Jakabov wrote:
"

The physical build still gets +30% ele dmg and +30% lightning dmg. The marauder build gets like +80% ele dmg, or +110% in the very end if you get the 30% from the ranger area. It's not like the physical build gets no elemental damage bonuses at all, and flat physical damage on gear gets a much bigger bonus, but the elemental build gets almost no physical bonuses. The marauder build also spends a ton of points just getting around the skill tree.

What this discussion boils down to is personal preference. We can spend all day defending our ideas, and while we are both right to a certain extent (since OB release the game has been balanced much better in favour of character versatility), we are talking about fundamentally different character builds, and it is an off-topic subject in this thread.
Maybe this has been covered, but what about using blood magic gem for LS instead? That way you can convert whole mana pool into 3-4 auras which should boost damage output?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info