[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

"
VenatorPoE wrote:
Mana leech will fall off in maps. 66 maps are not a challenge, but as you progress to higher level maps, you will find it much better to use BM gem instead.

EDIT: plus you lose at least 1 flask slot on a Mana flask. You could try to fix this little issue by using a Hybrid flask, though.

But where is the falloff from?

I haven't experienced high level maps, so this is what I'm trying to figure out by asking.

Is it because you require LA to fire off multiple times a second to wipe out mobs? If yes, I do agree that Mana Leech wouldn't work either, however if mobs die in 4 shots, then the build I just made is still viable.

Or is it falling off because you can't keep a steady DPS stream and are forced to burn pots? Because if that's the case, then the build I just posted fixes that problem by making it very possible to keep LA being fired off every single second.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
Last edited by evantide2 on Mar 21, 2013, 8:50:56 PM
All this talk about using mana but nobody really mentioning any good upsides other then possible being able to run one more aura. Another thing to remember is that if you are solo you could probably get by...but in a party of 6 you need to shoot a lot more. I can see Mana Leech being completely viable and still powerful, but a lot bigger PITA to manage then just going BM and spamming with impunity.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
All this talk about using mana but nobody really mentioning any good upsides other then possible being able to run one more aura. Another thing to remember is that if you are solo you could probably get by...but in a party of 6 you need to shoot a lot more. I can see Mana Leech being completely viable and still powerful, but a lot bigger PITA to manage then just going BM and spamming with impunity.

Well, this is what I see as advantages over a BM gem, based on the build in the original SC Purity BMGem vs the build I just made:

Stat Advantages:

40% more life
58% more Physical Projectile damage (Even more with Str from gear)
12% larger AOE radius
8% more AOE damage

Skill Advantages:

Hatred + Haste + Anger + Wrath + Purity can all be run simultaneously off just the stats given.
Lightning Arrow can be used on singlet targets since it's not pulling from Life.
Can stun targets easier because of higher damage LA
If needed, can convert to Rain of Arrows build very easily and effectively.
Opens up a slot for another gem because BM isn't needed for Curses.

And, what I consider an advantage; it doesn't chunk 262 HP per 6L LA per .25s because of really high attack speeds.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
i now have 4ex worth of gems. what upgrades to spend it on?
I have 2300 life (~2000 after auras).
I also have 3 skill points to spend. so i can get the 3 life nodes by Golem's Blood or the 3 ele dmg nodes in Ranger tree. (Already have thick skin near IR.)

Also, With the Coral ring, i now have like 93% all resists.
So I can now unspec a Diamond skin node to drop me down to ~78% resist, giving me 4 total skill points. (Edited to add TOTAL.)

I'm lvl 67 in Merciless Act3 @Barracks. I also have the Eternal Lab waypoint but havent done any maps yet.

So which of my equipment needs upgrading? And what stats should I be looking for for each piece?

edit (with auras):
LA/LMP/WED/Chain/LOH is 700dps.
EH is 2.1k dps not including lvl 15 EH. so add at least 550 x 1.5aps = +800. so at least 2.9k dps. (that 800 will be multipled by my +ele dmg tree nodes, which i dont know off the top of my head.)
Last edited by Pi314 on Mar 22, 2013, 10:38:09 AM
"
Pi314 wrote:
i now have 4ex worth of gems. what upgrades to spend it on?
I have 2300 life (~2000 after auras).
I also have 3 skill points to spend. so i can get the 3 life nodes by Golem's Blood or the 3 ele dmg nodes in Ranger tree. (Already have thick skin near IR.)

Also, With the Coral ring, i now have like 93% all resists.
So I can now unspec a Diamond skin node to drop me down to ~78% resist, giving me 4 skill points.

I'm lvl 67 in Merciless Act3 @Barracks. I also have the Eternal Lab waypoint but havent done any maps yet.

So which of my equipment needs upgrading? And what stats should I be looking for for each piece?

Mind writing down your stats? like dps on LA etc. :p
But if damage isnt a problem you should get a new helm and gloves with near same stats + hp and higher armor/ev. Also either regal your chest piece or get a new 5L :p

EDIT: also upgrade your belt for sure.
Last edited by crazy4u on Mar 21, 2013, 11:54:28 PM
I don't understand why the guide recommends taking the skill point from bandits over the +6% attack speed increase from Kraityn then he proceeds to waste passive points on taking +3% attack speed passives.

That reward is as good as two passive points wasted in this build.

Luckily this isn't a melee build so you can piss away a lot of points and still cruise through the game.
Last edited by iiryo on Mar 22, 2013, 1:21:49 AM
hey guys. tell me whats better to choose when im buying an amulet. fixed ele damage or % ele damage? what boosts dps more? cant afford an ammy with both :(
I don't get why do you say, that GMP actually decreases our damage. Or maybe did you mean it would decrease our damage PER arrow, not the overall one.

IF my calculations are correct (with assumption that every arrow hits), then GMP+CHAIN will bring about 20% (19.04%) more damage.

Or maybe you meant that there is less chance with GMP+CHAIN, that every arrow will actually hit something? All in all those are 60 arrows, not 36 like in LMP+CHAIN.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
"
iiryo wrote:
I don't understand why the guide recommends taking the skill point from bandits over the +6% attack speed increase from Kraityn then he proceeds to waste passive points on taking +3% attack speed passives.

That reward is as good as two passive points wasted in this build.

Luckily this isn't a melee build so you can piss away a lot of points and still cruise through the game.

Luckily this forum is filled with people with absolutely no manners or communication skills, so we can have these things pointed out in a way which shows just how uneducated they are. Such people should also learn how to read and comprehend what they've read, before pointing out their absolutely useless opinion.

"
SEPTICFLESH wrote:
hey guys. tell me whats better to choose when im buying an amulet. fixed ele damage or % ele damage? what boosts dps more? cant afford an ammy with both :(

Well yeah, as you say, both would be best, but if you can't find any with both, take the one with higher overall value. How to determine this depends on the rest of your gear. If the rest of your gear has a lot of % mods, take fixed ele damage, and if it has a lot of fixed ele damage, take % mod. This is still rather vague, but points out that this choice entirely depends on your whole character, and the decision cannot be made that simply.

"
I don't get why do you say, that GMP actually decreases our damage. Or maybe did you mean it would decrease our damage PER arrow, not the overall one.

IF my calculations are correct (with assumption that every arrow hits), then GMP+CHAIN will bring about 20% (19.04%) more damage.

Or maybe you meant that there is less chance with GMP+CHAIN, that every arrow will actually hit something? All in all those are 60 arrows, not 36 like in LMP+CHAIN.

You are right in all three points! Except that the wording is a little indirect, you don't want to count "arrows", but "hits". This is so with LA because of the innate "mini chain", which makes each "arrow" make four "hits". So with just unmodified LA, you make 4 hits, with LA and LMP added, you hit 3 times more, so 12 hits (3 arrows * 4 hits each arrow), and so on.
As you pointed out, the case with LMP, GMP and Chain type of support gems is they increase the overall damage done by increasing the number of hits, but lowering the damage done by each hit itself. What this does is increase the actual DPS while increasing the sustain with LGoH.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Update: edited the incorrect 4% iAS value gained from Kraityn Cruel, it is now 6% iAS. Number fixed thanks to iiryo who made me recheck the OP to see if I really did the mistake he gladly pointed out (and no, I did not make that mistake).
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info