Soooo... Yeah I tried D3's new patch. (Verdict).

it's as simple as this:
D2 was made for gamers. D3 was made for profit.
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
"
cgheezey wrote:
it's as simple as this:

And so is PoE....
"
Rajunah wrote:
"
cgheezey wrote:
it's as simple as this:

And so is PoE....

Made for profit? How? We dont have to pay for anything to play it.
"
Rajunah wrote:
"
cgheezey wrote:
it's as simple as this:

And so is PoE....

PoE: Made by people who "wanted to make the game they would love to play".
D3: Made by people with no ties to the original IP who had the rights gathering dust until a higher-up told them to get off their asses and monetize the dormant IP.

There are levels of motivation.

PoE's primary motivation was to make a great game, close second probably keeping in financially viable.
D3's primary concern was making shareholders boatloads of money.

In one case, money is the means of providing a great game.
In the other case, a great game's name is used to generate money for people who do not even know who Deckard Cain is.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Last edited by Avireyn on Mar 1, 2014, 2:36:52 PM
"
Avireyn wrote:
"
Rajunah wrote:
"
cgheezey wrote:
it's as simple as this:

And so is PoE....

PoE: Made by people who "wanted to make the game they would love to play".
D3: Made by people with no ties to the original IP who had the rights gathering dust until a higher-up told them to get off their asses and monetize the dormant IP.

There are levels of motivation.

PoE's primary motivation was to make a great game, close second probably keeping in financially viable.
D3's primary concern was making shareholders boatloads of money.

In one case, money is the means of providing a great game.
In the other case, a great game's name is used to generate money for people who do not even know who Deckard Cain is.

If any of you guys aren't making money, you guys are probably in the wrong world.....and thats its probably because of too much RPGs....

And yes PoE is a great game with all of that great freedom to create your on Char...D3 does not give you that....The new patch from D3 is very nice....the game is very good the way it is right know, but i cant stop thinking....with it has PoE skill tree would be Awesome...

Still is very fun....you can find very useful items to keep playing, there is no Desync, and hardcore is very challenging.....I dont play hardcore in PoE because there is no fun in it for me....i would just get angry to die without fault........The Items Drops sucks in PoE and so is the crafting system....what to say about recipes.....i liked to see on Beta and to be continuous growing....But its not good..at least for me......

The most disappointed thing is PoE is the trading system......I just hate it.....its like an ARPG wanting to be a MMO...and i hate MMO....there is no point in it..... To be obligated to trade is a shitty.....if i wanted that i would play something like Recettear or any stupid trading game.....

I just wanna kill stuff and progress....Thats what this is all about.....Making a new orb, new league or whatsoever does not change anything.....The game is still the same....the only thing that is really good, and for that i take my hat for GGG, is the fact that some of the changes make even more diverse Builds coming up...and thats great.....Build diversity is like playing with an unique char.....and this is also killed by the community because they keep copying builds from other persons...

PoE is like Heaven and Hell at the same time....Awesome and Terrible at the same time....
"
Rajunah wrote:

If any of you guys aren't making money, you guys are probably in the wrong world.....and thats its probably because of too much RPGs....

I honestly do not know what to say to this statement that would not be insulting to you. So I shall be linking Jimquisition's "Companies exist to make money" and quote one central sentence: "You can make money without being a fucking prick about it."

And I'll spare myself the effort of even reading the rest of your dotted rambling.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
I've really been enjoying the new D3 patch, its going to be hard to split time between the two games.

I really feel like they have opened up build options in D3, though actually acquiring the gear you need for your intended build is a lot of luck. Hopefully the mystic/crafting in RoS solves this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info