Soooo... Yeah I tried D3's new patch. (Verdict).

Lvl 18 baba - 4 (new) uniques, in one run. I will play ROS but God damn this game shits all OVA anything Blizz is doing ARPG wise. One day back on D3 and I could not feel better about pumping $1500 odd bucks into this beast :D
It's about as complex as a tablet arpg imo, I still don't feel like I'm building a character - Diablo in name only. It would feel unethical for me to give them money for RoS.
And this belongs in the POE GD because?
Honestly to me D3 just does seem to be in the same genre as PoE and D1/D2.

I havent played D3 since way before the Paragon levels were introduced but I gave it a go on my level 60 Barbarian and I don't really get the new difficulties, tried some of them and decided that expert seemed appropriate but despite the fact that I have terrible gear it still seems a little on the easy side... but again as I said it feels like a different genre.
Nothing to see here.
This belongs in the poe GD because --- well Obvious. Dirk I thought we waz FrIeNdS
Besides most of the players I know don't give a fk about this V that - they just want peak game. And I know full well poe players scope the *entire* ARPG genre
It would have been hypocritical if they'd left this in GD but it would have been interesting to watch this thread develop there.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Feb 28, 2014, 7:10:28 AM
I tried the D3 2.0.1 patch and found it to be a nice improvement and I think a lot of people will appreciate the changes.

D3 gameplay has always been very strong.

D3 character building is meh.

Although I might be biased by the fact that I now have a glacial spike/frozen orb wizard.
"
Zaanus wrote:
I tried the D3 2.0.1 patch and found it to be a nice improvement and I think a lot of people will appreciate the changes.

D3 gameplay has always been very strong.

D3 character building is meh.

Although I might be biased by the fact that I now have a glacial spike/frozen orb wizard.

Yea cant really say how strongly I agree with this.
Nobody. and I mean NOBODY(NO.BODY.) spits more hatred into the official forums as I do and the latest patch was IMHO an absolute stunner. it took me an hour to read the changes.

its more of an improvement on the game than all the other previous garbage they tried combined.

I predict it will convince many people to buy RoS

the wall of changes encompassing almost every skill and the consequential reimagining of combat is so drastic its like a brand new game.

in a nut shell if you quit D3 6+ months ago becuase it was a boring log of shit, today you can jump into the game, realize that your character probably does not work right, and that there are more interesting character creation "puzzles" to complete than ever before. The game now has "stuff to work for" beyond farming the fuck out of Act 3

I still have WAY more respect for PoE than D3, but the latest patch for D3 is pretty far reaching and refreshing....

dont get me wrong there is still many dumb things lingering....
paragon points compared to the skill forest here is no contest....
but they sure made progress with the latest patch....

go and give them a read.
Last edited by Shurgosa on Feb 28, 2014, 12:00:08 PM
"
Shurgosa wrote:

go and give them a read.

Already did.

As I said in the other thread: Unistalled, unimpressed.

Cannot wait for the new leagues to start up.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info