[1.3] Sidra's Necromancing Ranger of Chaos (Poison Arrow) Videos/Atziri capable

I am far from geared and i run lvl78 rare maps with Magic finding gear and from fully capped :P I can still run any mod, i even corrupted my maps sometimes for fun. I even did some maps with blood magic.

Im trying to craft my bow

So far i have not been able to get the +2. Any ideas? should i scour and start all over? 1 gems is not so common in magic form :p

I have also swapped firetrap to Explosive arrow i find this gem a bit more suitable for me.

Next i will try get a Shock stack in to the build. I dont know how yet, any suggestions? =)
Why? Bring a vaal lightning trap(shocking-ground) with you and try it in combo with ur poison and you will see for your self.

Anther idea i have is: What if my secondary skill applies x2 curses(proj. weakness + vulnerability) and has a high Shock capability? Wouldnt that be something..

Edit: I bought this bow on torment for 30c. It's low itemlevel(67), perfect for this build since you could buy one cheap. I've seen 6L thicket bows from 30c to 1ex.

Last edited by invectus on Feb 1, 2015, 9:37:45 AM
Very bloodlines viable, can run all map mods with the exception of Blood Magic/No regen. -max resists depending on how sure you are of your own abilities and half regen without AA.

My HC adapted version at lvl 96: HC PA

Specced out of the Piercing shots cluser and minion nodes, went up and grabbed Witch life nodes for 20% life and 5% all res, picked up witch mana cluster as well.

Current gear:

Spoiler

Witch mana node was needed as I wanted to have more health with a rare ammy. CLear speed is good and only missing method to the madness and some health right now.
4822 health + 1543 unreserved mana at lvl 82 with lvl 18 AA, going for lvl 21 or 22 AA in the end and maybe a lucky lvl 21 PA gem. Overcapped for ele weaknes and with 37% chaos res.

Flasks are:

Spoiler

Chaos dmg is the only threat as everything else is easy/can be dodged. Still need 18% max life so I should end up at 5.4-5.5k and then it's time to upgrade the belt/gloves and the low hp ring.
First of all, thx for this awesome build guide. I just recently started a ranger to try out this build. I hope this build is still alive and somebody would like to discuss/answer my questions.

The main problem is about the fire trap. To be honest, I'm not a big trap fan because of the 3 traps limit. I wonder if puncture would be a viable substitute. As I understand, the reason for using fire trap is to take advantage of the increased DOT from passive tree after the fire damage ignites mobs. What about puncture? Most, if not all, bosses are ele resis and chaos resist. Atziri cannot be ignited. I really want to get some physical damage as the secondary skill. Plus puncture is an DOT skill as well. As fire trap might be redundant as an AOE skill with the main skill PA, puncture could be served as a nice single target skill and be fully used when you kite the boss.

I love the skelly totem setting. The high lvl skelly will be able to tank merciless Dominus. Thus I don't think the zombies are necessary. The problem for skelly totem is normally that the totem can be killed really quick before it is able to summon any skelly. So I would rather use Vaal Summon Skeleton to run map against boss.
@invectus: if I were to craft a +skill bow, I would alt/regal/scour until I get +1/+2.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
wahaotudou wrote:
First of all, thx for this awesome build guide. I just recently started a ranger to try out this build. I hope this build is still alive and somebody would like to discuss/answer my questions.

The main problem is about the fire trap. To be honest, I'm not a big trap fan because of the 3 traps limit. I wonder if puncture would be a viable substitute. As I understand, the reason for using fire trap is to take advantage of the increased DOT from passive tree after the fire damage ignites mobs. What about puncture? Most, if not all, bosses are ele resis and chaos resist. Atziri cannot be ignited. I really want to get some physical damage as the secondary skill. Plus puncture is an DOT skill as well. As fire trap might be redundant as an AOE skill with the main skill PA, puncture could be served as a nice single target skill and be fully used when you kite the boss.

I love the skelly totem setting. The high lvl skelly will be able to tank merciless Dominus. Thus I don't think the zombies are necessary. The problem for skelly totem is normally that the totem can be killed really quick before it is able to summon any skelly. So I would rather use Vaal Summon Skeleton to run map against boss.

Puncture won't do you any good because the damage it does is based off of your weapon damage, and this build doesn't use a high physical damage bow. But fire trap is not necessary, you have an open 5L for anything you'd like. TBH a second offensive skill isn't really needed as the vast majority of the game dies too fast in the poison cloud to even use it.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
"the build is cheap to play"

Empower lvl4, 6L +3 bow, drillneck and your sitting at 21k dps.
I don't see anything cheap there.

What will be the dps, let's say, without drillneck, lvl2 empower, 5L +2 bow ?
Last edited by trapnaRrr on Feb 26, 2015, 10:29:16 PM
Asidra didn't start with such gear.

I've recently leveled a PA archer and it's really safe, haven't died yet at lvl 81. All you need for leveling is the +1 to bow skills unique bow; it can carry you up to lvl 55-60. It is advised however to get a lvl 20 PA asap. It should be cheap to buy, even a corrupted one.

As for your request, I currently have 256% increase relevant damage on tree.

Let's say you have this setup on your 5L (since you dismiss Drillneck) : PA / empower / conc effect / slower proj / faster proj

lvl 23 PA (+2 bow, +1 from empower): 1,136.3
Slower proj lvl 20: 27%
Faster proj lvl 20: 19%
Carcass: 12%
Conc effect lvl 20: * 1.69

Tooltip dps: 1136.3 * (1 + 0.12 + 0.27 + 0.19 + 2.56) = 4704.28
But that doesn't account for conc, real value is tooltip x conc more = 4704.28 * 1.69 = 7950.23, which is ok to clean up to 74-75 maps, I'd say.

Drillneck is a major dps boost, it should be acquired in priority.

Btw, little test on a 140% corrupted Dry Peninsula (not really hard, see witches... map stats at 2'25"): http://youtu.be/zNkY2wL5oQQ

Gear used for that run:
Spoiler

If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Feb 28, 2015, 2:54:29 PM
"
Asidra didn't start with such gear.

I've recently leveled a PA archer and it's really safe, haven't died yet at lvl 81. All you need for leveling is the +1 to bow skills unique bow; it can carry you up to lvl 55-60. It is advised however to get a lvl 20 PA asap. It should be cheap to buy, even a corrupted one.

As for your request, I currently have 256% increase relevant damage on tree.

Let's say you have this setup on your 5L (since you dismiss Drillneck) : PA / empower / conc effect / slower proj / faster proj

lvl 23 PA (+2 bow, +1 from empower): 1,136.3
Slower proj lvl 20: 27%
Faster proj lvl 20: 19%
Carcass: 12%
Conc effect lvl 20: * 1.69

Tooltip dps: 1136.3 * (1 + 0.12 + 0.27 + 0.19 + 2.56) = 4704.28
But that doesn't account for conc, real value is tooltip x conc more = 4704.28 * 1.69 = 7950.23, which is ok to clean up to 74-75 maps, I'd say.

Drillneck is a major dps boost, it should be acquired in priority.

Btw, little test on a 140% corrupted Dry Peninsula (not really hard, see witches... map stats at 2'25"): http://youtu.be/zNkY2wL5oQQ

I see, thanks for the maths. I leveled one this morning it's 43 atm

I saw that you were using Ice Shot and Decoy totem for crowd control, what are your thoughts on that setup

vs Asidra's Skeletons/Zombies setup ? I'm not a huge fan of zombies.
It's good, especially the decoy totem (quality is a must here to keep it alive). I haven't used the minions extensively because I'm so pleased with the totem to keep the aggro out of me.

btw, it's also playable with Acrobatics/Phase acrobatics. One of my guildmate did it and his archer is really potent. A fair amount of mana nodes is needed however.
This is what i was planning to do (acro/phase) and not going into witch aera.

110 pts tree
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILgBeGY7tg_66fXXTfsSiu-OiQPT4oSLPerIZMgGbJpu1GYpJE5Mf5liJ4MM6Fr8Pq1M1YeImlVVLy73mgQMeBiMfQWyMnapirGf8rUpSr9DQRwbb57TFu03dX6c09vxS7IJeKlvC7NQjBbU6Qkt43agwce4O73pNkiP2o4qNfUp945-Hdmeg_MVW-taKfyswfOpijX62QU4qW6_dDXXLt7a-p0d-vTZlTYTZ1fjEuI2_-uuS815FGo_22vsJyAy00XaC44TAnFFHIuro1sDjS1fxs2-eykqDCQ==

I'm kinda worried about mana because no EB and how much dps I will lose without that 12% area dmg node.

Maybe using Alpha's for a little extra mana. Right now I don't have any mana problem but I'm not running Grace yet. Only Clarity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info