[1.3] Sidra's Necromancing Ranger of Chaos (Poison Arrow) Videos/Atziri capable

Currently trying this out in Beyond. Really like the way you have to constantly keep things up and running.

Do have a question tho. Why use Faster/Slower Projectiles? Isn't the majority of Poison Arrow's dmg coming from the cloud?
"
20bambit wrote:
Do have a question tho. Why use Faster/Slower Projectiles? Isn't the majority of Poison Arrow's dmg coming from the cloud?
The cloud dmg scales with Projectile Dmg --> http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Poison_Arrow
"
Aziaa wrote:
I can totally understand Asidra's reply. His guide has all the information you need to make this build a succes, if you would fully read his guide. He posted what gears to use and how your build should be.

If you would have read his first post, he already mentioned the importance of the +1 gem of the bow. My silverbranch carried me easily to the level 60.

So dont start playing a build and dont even bother to read the guide about the build and then rant about how you dont want to be replied by the maker of the guide!

exactly. i hit a bit of a wall at start of merciless.

5 chaos of gear later i solo'ed quest Dom at level 69. That's absolutely the earliest i've ever been able to solo Dom with any build. It was a longish fight, but i didn't rip once. and the minions were dead in a freaking hurry, and usually they cause me a lot of trouble.

This build rocks.

The _only_ thing i'm doing differently at this point is the skellie totem.

i'm finding using desecrate and raising zombies to work really well. i just spam desecrate on the boss and raise zombies like mad. keeps them completely occupied.

of course i haven't actually _tried_ a skellie totem, lol, because the desecrate/zombies thing is working so well for me that i just haven't gotten around to it.

i think the trickiest thing about the build, for newish players, is the mana. sure you've got EB, but if you don't make sure and get mana and mana regen on gear, you'll find you burn it quite quickly, and you really want to run AA, because it's awesome, so you have to pay attention to mana. it's easy to let that slide.

Meanwhile, favorite build moment. Lunaris, a screenfull of machine guns AND a rare machine gun. me, standing there, AA on, loving Ondar's guile, as always, waiting for them to die from cloud. i should have snapped a picture of it. i was talking epic fire, and didn't have to do anything. the zombies were dead in about 2 s but i'm not even sure i had to use a flask. lol.

i have 10 more points of damage to take and all i'm using is a +2 bow gem level bow with no empower and no drillneck.

this build rocks.

now i have to start with the MF gear. i need IIR in a bad way...
This. I dunno - maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed when I replied to that guy, but his question really irked me. He was level 60 using no gem levels in his bow. He willingly gave up Concentrated Effect's 60% MORE damage because he didn't like the area coverage - as opposed to say, just placing 2 clouds instead of one - and then actually asked when the build was going to start doing damage. Like it was my build's fault his DPS was low, when he wasn't doing anything the build suggests.

Here's the thing - this is a very strong build. The concepts work. I have played it to 95 (which is a lot of playing), taken on all kinds of in-game challenges because I literally don't have to re-roll maps for the build. No regen and blood magic is it. I played it when I was not greatly geared, and now I play it close to perfectly geared.

I understand not everyone can afford a +2/+1 Bow. Ironically when I started playing this the build was not at all popular and mine, unlinked was like 10c. RaizQT ruined it for everyone, lol! Level 4 Empowers aren't growing on trees, and Level 21 Poison Arrows aren't cheap if you buy them. I didn't buy mine - I leveled 6 Poison Arrows in my backup weapon to 20, GCP'd them, leveled them to 20 again, and Vaal'd them. Nailed 2: 1 for me and one to sell. For me, a lot of the fun in games like this is slowly upgrading stuff and making your character stronger. And I got to 60 and then spent 35 levels upgrading 1 thing at a time. The process was fun as hell. Even now - I am wracking my brain trying to figure out how I can make up HP, Mana, Mana Regen so that I can drop 1 ring For LeHeup. I melt faces and am still striving for more DPS. Never done optimizing.

But you don't need to have the exact same stuff for the build to work - some of it may be things to continually strive for. But you do have to at least follow the build concepts to be successful - and PlasticEyes here is a perfect example. Can't afford a +2/+1 bow? Ok - use a +2. No empower? Ok - try and save for a level 1 one, and level it on an offslot so that at some point you will have one. No Skelly totem - ok spam Desecrate and Raise Zombie on the boss - same idea.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Sep 2, 2014, 7:28:15 PM
How do you keep your zombies alive? My zombies die instantly.
All you can do is make sure they are in a + level helm and keep their gem links up to date. They have good HP (mine have over 7k) but their mitigation sucks. But they are throw-aways: you just re-summon them and move to the next pack of mobs. Don't worry about them dying too much.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Sep 2, 2014, 9:02:19 PM
Since i play my own self made - kinda crappy build , i've been trying different things while farming enough currency to gear up and get enough regrets to respec my L79 now PA ranger one of them is that
throwing meat at the boss can also be done with vaal skellies if for any reason you can't have the totem setup , if you need a pack of mobs to stay still for a couple secs you can also use a decoy totem , you just have to get creative until you get what you need to make it work :D

And yes the best thing about poison arrow is i guess , you don't really have to worry about any map mods -
no reflect type hurts you , blood magic tingles etc.

Leveling empower hurts especially if you are like me and realise you can level gems in your secondary weapon after you hit 68 but i guess you can use those gems later on other chars so it's worth it.

Btw i was quite fucking happy to drop this
Spoiler
out of a Grotto boss with that damage roll gave ~160 dmg to my PA's cloud tooltip plus the rest of the rolls are more than decent.
Last edited by Christos0b on Sep 2, 2014, 9:33:15 PM
"
20bambit wrote:
How do you keep your zombies alive? My zombies die instantly.

they shouldn't die "instantly", but as asidra says they are definitely throw-away.

+2 minion helm _really_ helps.

minion life
minion damage
faster attacks/multistrike

that's why the +2 helps so much, minion life and damage will also get the +2. most importantly you should have been leveling that raise zombie early on.

i was running minion elemental resistance for a while instead of damage, because i didn't have an MD. i'm _still_ running FA instead of multistrike because i don't want to spend the chromes to recolor my helm. lol. since they are bait/distractions it might actually be better to have them survive a little longer rather than doing more damage.

i mean really, there's no reason why you can't go desecrate/bone offering and give them block/spell block.

but if you are going to that much trouble you might as well get the skellie totem going.
i _finally_ got it put together and it's pure comedy. i cast it just for fun.

i will say it's important, if you don't use skellie totem, to use desecrate. you really don't want to be running out of zombies against a tough boss and/or rare, like Dom or piety that seem to have a crap load of chaos resist.
I should have specified more sorry. I meant against Beyond monsters they die instantly. Almost every Beyond monster have AoE damage and when they are faced with a pack of zombie that is all they do. AoE damage. I guess the ele resist gem works better in this case.

Edit: Just got Skeleton totem and now it's awesome. Zombies still die instantly to Beyond monsters but everything else is alot easier with the totem.
Last edited by 20bambit on Sep 3, 2014, 7:42:42 AM
Hey, would you be able to do this with a shadow? if so, i'd love to hear how to begin the tree that way. Can anyone help?
Guild Wars 2 ~Sea of Sorrows~ Lvl.80 Mesmer: Ocilios

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info