Keen to see if Chris can reach lvl 80 in Invasion league :)

Yo Chris

Spoiler
You rock buddy ;)
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Cejota wrote:
GGG streams +1

GGG HQ stream +1

Id rather watch them working or making a weekly news letter on videos than watch Chris playing.

Selling logs: /view-thread/782113(very high speed)
Rhys epic times : view-thread/780247
Last edited by Inexium2 on Feb 22, 2014, 5:00:39 PM
"
"
jdilly23 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
I'm honestly pretty keen to switch to play Ambush rather than Invasion this time around. Invasion is awesome and all, but I'm likely to get more exposure to the end-game if I'm playing less carefully. I typically play hardcore leagues and avoid dying, but that means I don't get to upper maps on the live servers.

I'll probably play Invasion to at least complete its challenge though.

How can you possibly be worried about survival when you endorse leaving your game to play it?

Do not confuse an acceptance of a necessary evil with actual endorsement. I say necessary evil because desync is real and it is bad. Of course alt f4 can be abused, but I think the outcry of its removal resulting in so many more desync deaths would outweigh the existing dissent.

Chris has never "endorsed" alt f4. The thought that he would actually use it himself to "cheat" his own game is ludicrous. He's not some no life gamer whose self definition hinges on surviving in a computer game that is, at ten plus hours a day investment, hardly a game to them anymore.

You're actually wrong. Chris has endorsed it and has said how he used it often in D2. It's also a necessary evil due to PoE being online, more so than desync. People dying when they DC or if the server has an issue is unacceptable so such a system is in place.

I don't see anything wrong with using it and find it silly to pursue that agenda in this topic. I'm now worried people will say Chris should play less and work more after others attacked Chris for not "playing his own game".
Last edited by kasub on Feb 22, 2014, 6:03:53 PM
"
Eh, in D2 he was just a player. I'll gladly eat crow if he's endorsed alt f4 usage with PoE as the lead dev. As I said, endorse is a much stronger term than accept.

And sure, online rather than just desync. Fair enough.

As for attacks regarding play vs work, Chris knows, when it comes to certain people, he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. I'm fairly sure part of his legendary zen nature is in understanding this. I'm just happy he might get to enjoy the fruits of his eight years labour.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/536962/page/3#p4825741

Can you make a VOD of the crow eating? :)

Edit: From his post, they could have disabled alt-f4 but chose to keep it as it makes the game more fun for them. That to many would be the definition of endorse.
Last edited by Worldbreaker on Feb 22, 2014, 6:40:07 PM
I also would love to watch Chris stream, even if it's just like 1 or 2 hours a week.

That would be really interesting.

I'm not sure if Chris would enjoy the few moments of free time he has left streaming and commentating as that can be quite stressful as well.

So I won't be sad if he doesn't do it.
"
Saviouress wrote:
I also would love to watch Chris stream, even if it's just like 1 or 2 hours a week.

That would be really interesting.

I'm not sure if Chris would enjoy the few moments of free time he has left streaming and commentating as that can be quite stressful as well.

So I won't be sad if he doesn't do it.

I completely agree, it would be awesome to see chris streaming! though completely understandable if he would never have the time. i mean you gotta put alot of time into a game to make it as awesome as this one :)
IGN @Jalamin
I would pay to subscribe if Chris streamed.
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

Indeed
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

Definitely. That would be a great way to showcase some new features and get some real-time questions in.
"
Mortal321 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
I get mails every week complaining that I don't visibly play the game enough. On 1.1.0 is out of the way, I'd like to play more on my Chris account on the live servers, to reassure people that we do play quite a lot (as they can't see the time we spend on other accounts or on our test servers).

Hey, Chris!

Why don't you stream your play? I think a lot of people would watch and enjoy your commentary. Personally, I'd like to see you play Invasion, but not too safely. Take some risks.

You could look at this as advertisement. If successful, PoE should be up in watched Twitch games for a few hours.

If you ever do it, be sure to have it recorded, as some might miss out due to being in a different time zone.

Have him do a 1.1.0 launch day stream with some of the other non HC streamers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info