[2.2] Hybrid Synergiser Wander

"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"
Skyforth wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
Going to be hitting standard soon... I've wanted to do a Wander for ages.

what (in your opinion) are the upsides/downsides to this build vs low life Spectral? (ala Fyndel)

My shield lacks the mana regen so this one would stay on my ST guy.

Either way I'm going to wait to mirror anything until they release the updated tree (possibly some nerfs at low life in general? Pain Attunement to nerf CoE with no legacy left behind? we'll see)

In any case, just wanted your take on comparing the different style of low life full mirrored play. thanks

Whole different style to playing the game, and well is also more difficult to run. Unlike ST, which uses 40-50 per cast, we use around 140-160 mana per cast. Together with the Lowlife blood rage bonuses we use 800-1100 mana per second.

Power Siphon is great for mapping, with a full set of mirrored gear can compete with lowlife ST. The biggest advantage ST has over Wander is bossing, and movement(?). I don't snapshot, so i don't have room for extra slots, e.g lightning warp because i need to use a 4L for single target. (Chain+GMP too much LESS). Bossing is stronger on ST, and i would say they're on Par for map clearing. I'm not sure about Fyndel, who doesn't even map on his ranger since he's level 100, but he disregards armour and evasion and relies on pure leech. That's probably okay with ST because it only hits for 65% damage effectiveness 3 times, rather than Power Siphon at 125% damage effectiveness, making it a lot easier to oneshot oneself to reflect.

Overall, it's a different experience and ST is probably just OP at the moment. There are some majoy drawbacks to wanding, for example the mana cost and lack of single target without another skill. Although ST has whirling blades, I run faster anyway, but that's not as effective as an instant dash for bossing (e.g trio in uber).

My guess to the whole CoE lowlife nerf would be changing Pain Attunement to multiply spell damage only, rather than all the WED and other bonuses it multiplies at the moment. For me, that's not too bad since i reply almost purely on spell damage, with 100% wed.

Thanks for the reply. Exactly the info I was looking for.

We'll see how the next big set of changes work out.

Hopefully it's not too bad, i feel after snapshotting changes, Lowlife is actually in a fine position, when everything is considered.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Can I ask why is life leech gem needed when using piscator wand but in sky's 6L using mirrored wand LL gem is replaced with another gem. I dont want to reroll the colrs of my shav GGGRBB to GGBBRR, took me too many chromes to get those colors.
"
dingdongg wrote:
Can I ask why is life leech gem needed when using piscator wand but in sky's 6L using mirrored wand LL gem is replaced with another gem. I dont want to reroll the colrs of my shav GGGRBB to GGBBRR, took me too many chromes to get those colors.

Piscator's is pure elemental. When using the mirrored physical wand, Blood Rage provides all the life leech through the physical damage. No physical damage from Piscators = no leech. Hence, you need to drop a support to add in Life Leech.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
nice prank bro ;). you got me
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
dingdongg wrote:

Piscator's is pure elemental. When using the mirrored physical wand, Blood Rage provides all the life leech through the physical damage. No physical damage from Piscators = no leech. Hence, you need to drop a support to add in Life Leech.
That is, unless you use a Lightning Doryani belt and manage to find a good corrupted amulet and/or Piscator's with Lightning or Fire leech, in which case, with 3% you might be good to go.

Otherwise, you need Life Leech support.
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
Last edited by Jiaozy on Jul 4, 2014, 2:12:18 PM
Thanks Chunda and Jiaozy once again for answering for me.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
hi, nice guide

i think i found a tiny mistake in the section "Increased effect of buffs with Inner Force:"

"With the new 1.1 Patch, a level 26 Arctic Armour can be used making this build so much more powerful. Gloves + 1 all gems, level 4 enhance and level 21 Arctic Armour."

I think "Enhance" should be changed into "Empower" ;)

Cheers
"
Ryouko wrote:
hi, nice guide

i think i found a tiny mistake in the section "Increased effect of buffs with Inner Force:"

"With the new 1.1 Patch, a level 26 Arctic Armour can be used making this build so much more powerful. Gloves + 1 all gems, level 4 enhance and level 21 Arctic Armour."

Cheers

Fine suggestion, only that enhance gives me a lot of dps through quality of Blood rage.
"
Skyforth wrote:
"
Ryouko wrote:
hi, nice guide

Cheers

Fine suggestion, only that enhance gives me a lot of dps through quality of Blood rage.

Didn't know that you are running Arctic Armour + Blood Rage + Crit Weakness + Enhance in a 4l. Then Enhance is overall the better choice.

But in this section you are talking about Arctic Armour and how one is able to get it to lvl 26. The part about Blood Rage is below the animated gif with monsters hitting you while running AA. So it's a bit confusing cause people could think that you are linking Enhance to get a lvl 26 AA.
Last edited by Ryouko on Jul 7, 2014, 3:14:01 AM
Sky, have you still used IR with Atziri Gloves ?

edit:
and how the hell you`ve got that dps ... ?
IGN: Imoenpl, nieuczdziadajakcharchac
my first POEvid "Hybrid Wander and Atziri fight" http://youtu.be/0e-ffI2cOfY
Last edited by m_flower on Jul 7, 2014, 3:55:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info