[2.2] Hybrid Synergiser Wander

"
Chundadragon wrote:
Wander build has done uber fight before, I think the same modifications Flubby used for his build can easy be used for this build to cheese the final fight with 99% fire and lightning, the only problem is dodging large flameblasts which is of course a known problem with wanders - the inferior mobility skills available (Warp compared to Whirling Blades/Leap Slam). However, what do you suggest to do about that short of inventing a new skill?

For the second set of bosses, you would be silly not to use EC and IC, run around and generate charges, have 5 seconds of free DPS, rinse and repeat. This has been done with LL Spectral on Uber with no deaths, once you have charges, cast Blood Rage, DPS and run around for ES to regen. Same thing can be done.

Only challenge I think is Double Vaal however the high DPS this build achieves would be able to melt Vaal before too much happens.

I think you are overestimating spectral's ability to "do dps whilst moving", I play low-life spectral myself and have killed Atziri and am currently preparing for Uber, whilst the spec is far more mobile I don't see myself casting Spectral Throw whilst I'm using Whirling Blades. A skilled user of Warp could feasibly the same.

None of the fights in Uber actually need armour - just smart preparation.

Also, if you are wondering about the pros and cons of this build vs. low-life spectral, I'll tell you straight up, this build clears maps a lot faster.

Thanks for the post. I believe that wander can do Uber Atziri, but they hit a wall with the trio bosses. If anyone can show me a wander build doing the trio bosses on Uber or Level 79 Vaal Temple map - I would really like to see it because I am trying to build a ranger wander. Problem with wands in these fights is that you have to stay still to DPS which is extremely dangerous when every second counts - fast tanky high damage bosses are your enemies. Spectral Throw can handle these a lot easier because your blades go out and you can move around while they are giving you leech and damage and you can move for a bit.

I acknowledge that this build can clear regular mobs faster, but if you want to clear fast why not build discharge type of CoC build or Mjolner build, or a Wind Ripper build with in built magic find? They are MUCH cheaper. You can't pay 350ex+ just to clear maps faster but struggle with Atziri...
Last edited by Wishuponastar on May 3, 2014, 12:35:27 PM
"
Wishuponastar wrote:

I acknowledge that this build can clear regular mobs faster, but if you want to clear fast why not build discharge type of CoC build or Mjolner build, or a Wind Ripper build with in built magic find? They are MUCH cheaper. You can't pay 350ex+ just to clear maps faster but struggle with Atziri...

Show me Windripper build doing Atziri and I'll give you both my testicles. Same with Discharge. Mjolner can do normal but I highly doubt it has the ability to do Uber. First two bosses maybe but since I haven't seen a melee/caster build do uber Atziri yet, I'm unconvinced that such a strange variant on melee has much potential in that area.

And sure you can spend that much money, I've seen people vendor mirrors for regals. For people wanting to reach level 100, they won't have their time wasted with an inferior clearing spec.

"
Wishuponastar wrote:

Problem with wands in these fights is that you have to stay still to DPS which is extremely dangerous when every second counts - fast tanky high damage bosses are your enemies.

Exactly why EC-IC has to be used. LL Spectral has the same problem, stand still and the titty-bitch will most likely one-shot you.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on May 3, 2014, 1:00:21 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Exactly why EC-IC has to be used. LL Spectral has the same problem, stand still and the titty-bitch will most likely one-shot you.

Spectral Throw builds have the ability to move and avoid damage while STILL dealing DPS, that's the key difference.

What I'm saying is that if you want a build that can clear fast and still do up to level 78 maps with ease - you have a lot MORE CHEAPER options that can clear just as fast if not faster. And with Wind Ripper you have magic find as well. All these builds will still struggle with Atziri runs - same as this build. So why would you spend your mirrors and 350ex+ on this build when the clear speed is probably the same but you still struggle with Atziri runs, and cannot do Uber Atziri?

Sure maybe you like the barrage skill or the Scion class, but in terms of min-max and splashing hundreds of exalts on gear, this build just simply cannot take you that far.
Last edited by Wishuponastar on May 3, 2014, 2:34:31 PM
Sorry mate but I still don't understand why you are posting, you say

"
Wishuponastar wrote:
I am trying to build a ranger wander.

and then you go on about how shit wander is, do you want advice on how to do Wander on budget? If so, I can show you how to clear 78s with only a tenth of "350 ex" you say with wander quickly and effectively.

"
shoemocker wrote:

Just look at this guy. It costs only slightly more than a Windripper build and has far more potential.

A build is only expensive if you make it - I could mirror a 800 pdps 2h weapon and that would set me back 200 ex and I'd still never clear as fast with it as a Windripper or budget wander build.

P.S. This build shits on normal Atziri so hard.
Last edited by Chundadragon on May 3, 2014, 3:14:44 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Sorry mate but I still don't understand why you are posting, you say

"
Wishuponastar wrote:
I am trying to build a ranger wander.

and then you go on about how shit wander is, do you want advice on how to do Wander on budget? If so, I can show you how to clear 78s with only a tenth of "350 ex" you say with wander quickly and effectively.

"
shoemocker wrote:

Just look at this guy. It costs only slightly more than a Windripper build and has far more potential.

A build is only expensive if you make it - I could mirror a 800 pdps 2h weapon and that would set me back 200 ex and I'd still never clear as fast with it as a Windripper or budget wander build.

P.S. This build shits on normal Atziri so hard.

Chunda - do you have some sort of problem? Yes I'm trying to build a Ranger Wander - so what? I see the weaknesses of this build and I have ideas to improve it, but none of you are even trying to address it - when I point it out you resort to personal attacks. Really mature, but I guess that's the definition of "fan-boys".

Also this build does NOT "shit on normal Atziri so hard", you might want to read what Skyforth himself wrote:

"
You'll notice I'm losing EXP and going to 0 pretty often. That's because i'm not exactly trying to level at the moment i'm doing Atziri kills, usually 1-2 deaths if unlucky per run.

As I pointed out before it really struggles against the trio bosses that are part of the Atziri run. This is why you will NOT be able to do Uber Atziri run past the trio bosses or Level 79 Vaal Temple map with this build.

Last edited by Wishuponastar on May 3, 2014, 5:01:09 PM
"
Wishuponastar wrote:
But as I pointed out before it really struggles against the trio bosses that are part of the Atziri run. This is why you will NOT be able to do Uber Atziri run past the trio bosses or Level 79 Vaal Temple map with this build.

Not trying to cause any offence :) Just a little confused why two pages of posts aren't enough. I wish I could show you, I'll try get my friend who does a bow build that has similar problems to wander to make a video of how to EC-IC on second boss.

EDIT: Okay -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjzKPITtgmU

watch this video at around 1 min where you can see how to run around and EC spam till you get charges. Basically, this build is actually the same but AA even give you MS!! :D When you hit max endurance, cast Blood Rage and spam Barrage. Run around till Blood Rage runs out and rinse and repeat.

I hope you can easily see how this would be an effective strategy to killing second set of bosses. Even if it's RF, same idea can be applied. Guaranteed no deaths this way - if you go yolo mode on second boss, you're going to die. The mortal set costs 30 ex on Ambush, no reason at all to rush the fight.

Hope that solves your problem with the build :)
Last edited by Chundadragon on May 3, 2014, 5:12:19 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Wishuponastar wrote:
But as I pointed out before it really struggles against the trio bosses that are part of the Atziri run. This is why you will NOT be able to do Uber Atziri run past the trio bosses or Level 79 Vaal Temple map with this build.

Not trying to cause any offence :) Just a little confused why two pages of posts aren't enough. I wish I could show you, I'll try get my friend who does a bow build that has similar problems to wander to make a video of how to EC-IC on second boss.

Thanks - if you need to resort to EC-IC in heavy physical situations that pretty much confirms my point - you are not using your armor when you REALLY need it.

So I'm really confused why this build uses some granites and Arctic Armor to get some measly 11K armor - sure this helps against white mobs - but when, IF EVER are you tanking white mobs?

Your damage is mostly elemental as well - so your armor really has very little to do with surviving reflect.

You should take off the Artic Armor, grab some Endurance Charges and use Immortal Call - when you need it.

Your DPS really is your defense for builds like this, so the average guy with average weapon will do ok clearing white trash mobs, but will get wrecked against high level bosses because their DPS does not give enough survivability (leech).

Would really like to see a wander doing Uber Atziri run or 79 Vaal Temple map, but I have yet to see this.
Last edited by Wishuponastar on May 3, 2014, 5:17:33 PM
"
Wishuponastar wrote:

So I'm really confused why this build uses some granites and Arctic Armor to get some measly 11K armor - sure this helps against white mobs - but when, IF EVER are you tanking white mobs?

Aegis Aurora builds usually have that much, combined with AA the 11k has the effect of more like ~25k armour. It's more than enough if you play smart, remember you are ranged - facetanking is a big no-no.

The problem is lack of sockets with all the auras and Blood Rage, you can easily fit EC-IC in if you drop the 4L for single-target and for bosses you can take out chain and LMP - that might meet your needs. Removing AA is a terrible idea, it's far more effective than most people think.

Check above post for the video.
Last edited by Chundadragon on May 3, 2014, 5:25:49 PM

UBER ATZIRI KILLED

VIDEO UP SOON

I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info