Sacrifice of the Vaal: Teaser Screenshot #1

"
Korguan wrote:
The screenshot:
- In the inventory there is a bow and a sword
- Obviously the bow cannot be equipped (missing stats/level --> red color)
- Obviously the sword can be equipped, although character is not level 53 --> green color
- The Sword is corrupted, also 1 gem is corrupted (is it the spark-gem, don't know)

Interpretation:
- Corrupted weapons/gems/... can be equipped despite missing stats/levels, so even at level 1
- Drawback is that they can never be unequipped from the character
- Corrupted gems are white.
- you can only equip corrupted gems in an white corrupted weapon
- you get a "corrupted orb" for killing Queen Atziri

Why:
- Allows quick re-rolling and levelling of characters (your main dies after 3 days in a one-week and you have good weapons in your stash
- you can equip a strong strength-based weapon, although you don't invest into strength (eg summoner) and combine it with a corrupted gem (also strength-based) eg Heavy Strike and new builds are possible

Just my thoughts ...

"
Korguan wrote:

- Corrupted weapons/gems/... can be equipped despite missing stats/levels, so even at level 1
- Drawback is that they can never be unequipped from the character
- you get a "corrupted orb" for killing Queen Atziri

Thank god you are not a developer.
"
Thank god you are not a developer.

Hahahahah, \:D :D
just made me laugh, dat guys ideas and all these responses, :)
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
I hope the white socket and corrupted mod are 2 entirely separate features. Hopefully the white socket thing involves a new type(s) of currency, I just want item customization to be something players get excited about. If items can have white sockets that is a game-changer for all items.

Is that supposed to be a CoC ele cleave build?

"
vaiNe_ wrote:
Am I the only one that noticed that the announcement itself looks different from the others? Notice how the 'posted by' is at the bottom of the post, and no avatar.
He's been corrupted by Queen Atziri RIP. All hail new developer Atziri!
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
noone of u noobs didnt even think. u can corrupt item to get white gem and mirror it so u can just change some colors etc its fking awesome
[ I G N ] Grafflol___ hc talisman
Grafflol___ lvl almost 98.#40 thc[rip from icenova box].atziri slayer[kill count 256]#1 normal atziri slayer[invasion].world first avatar of thunder as melee.[THC] best twin t14/t15 killer[thc] /1554892
my stream http://www.twitch.tv/grafflol ye i got 1m views.
*yawn*
uhhh ok maybe we should look into the def of corrupt
I like the idea of white sockets, but i don't think they should have any type of downside and this would be a sad day if they do always get some form of downside and you can roll white sockets with Chromatic Orbs.
Because in the long run... no one will want to have any type of drawback just because of a socket and most importantly we will have to spend 100x (times) more Chromatic Orbs to get rid of the stupid white sockets.
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
maybe the sword has the 'Corruption' mod assigned to it. and any skill linked to it gains that bleed ability?
I'm expecting something like an item sink from it. It's the best thing to do, stop the item inflation of the servers or delay it.
Of course it has nothing to do with blood magic since it would, maybe, give an advantage to BM characters and a disvantage to CI users.
It's still possible the white socket has nothing to do with this mini expansion, maybe it is something we already have in the game.

"
Kalidor wrote:
ofc nerfs are ALWAYS a good thing...Never be OP thats why its called BALANCED.

No, no, they aren't, not if you nerf something till it is underpowered.

"
toyotatundra wrote:
Corrupted items will either be awesome or a frustrating gimmick like the shrines.

Any news about skill tree? How many of my builds are gonna disappear overnight?

There's a bigger chance this will be awesome, since it is a mini expansion. Skill Tree changes give me pain in the ass too.
I still have hopes that corruption will mean durability can be a thing moving forwards, its about the only easy to implement thing which can correct the hideous economy in the non timed leagues

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info