Can I say I'm unlucky yet?

Assuming a .001 chance (1 in 1000) of getting a 6L, you can easily calculate the probability of failing n times in a row by using (.999)^n. If you want to check the number of fusing needed to have a probability p for success, use log(1-p)/log(.999).

Thus committing to using 2000 fusings gives you a 13.5% chance of failure. Not too rare.

Committing to using 4000 fussings gives you a 1.8% chance of failure. Pretty safe.

My bet is that the probability is actually a tad higher than 1 in 1000 though. We don't have the real value.
"
PureLaine wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
You obtained 2k fusings with one 70ish and one 80ish character?
Yeah, somethin' not right with this guy haha.
Maybe he really got lucky with drops and burned everything into fusing his undisclosed item... or something against the rules (undisclosed)

Maybe his real nickname is rmtson
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:

I don't want to "piss in your lemonade" but belly although being very solid mid level armor IMO cannot compare to really good rare. 6L on it seems somehow wasted. Ofc that may depend on build /tree and rest of gear but in general.

Um.... no. Not even close. Mine doesn't even have the life % on it that his has, and the ONLY thing that I would even REMOTELY consider trading it for would be a 2k+ Armor 100+ HP Tri Res Astral Plate

But then, even like this:

I'm sacrificing a ton of life by making that trade. With my current gear setup, I would need a chest that sports 230+ Life to get me to a point where I'm breaking even on the Life the Belly gives at 30% When I drop down to standard, and have access to the divine's I've banked in Standard, I'm going to be divining it to try and get 40%.

The only thing your post does, is show that you have absolutely no idea what kind of life total you can achieve with that large of a % of health modifier on a piece of gear.

Honestly? And this is purely a matter of opinion, Belly of the Beast is one of the top unique chests in the game, behind Koam's and Shavs. And, because of my build, I doubt I'd trade my Belly for either of those, since I need the space for gems, and I'm not ES based.

EDIT:
And just so we're sure that I'm not sporting "amazing gear" in every other slot that artificially inflates the life that I'm talking about from my belly:
Spoiler

My gear is very mediocre for level 83.

EDIT2:
I thought about it some more. I wouldn't even part with this for the aforementioned Astral Plate godliness. I'm overcapped on resists while only getting 13 from chest. And this thing improves in value as the rest of my slots get better.

MAYBE if I were able to find a way to deal without having links on my chest, I'd trade it for a Koam's Heart, but even that is sketchy, because I'd have to settle on only having 1 5L+ piece, and while the extra health gain from Koam's is "nice" the downside of sockets (and the absurd price I could sell it for) would keep me from even considering a Koam's for more than a few seconds.
Last edited by shoju on Feb 17, 2014, 5:37:09 PM
people really underestimate belly:

let's see, with my current gear on the character i am levelling now (lvl68) i have:

+544 life from gear
lvl 68 so 42+8*68= +586 base
+50 base from passives
+330 from 661str

or 1510 base life.

30-40% of that is 453-604 life

with a 100hp chest, i would need +353% - +504% increased life to get even...

"
rrtson wrote:
Templar deaths = 681 (first and only character)
Duelist deaths = 988 (created about 3 weeks ago)

What in the actual fuck.
"
shroudb wrote:
people really underestimate belly:

let's see, with my current gear on the character i am levelling now (lvl68) i have:

+544 life from gear
lvl 68 so 42+8*68= +586 base
+50 base from passives
+330 from 661str

or 1510 base life.

30-40% of that is 453-604 life

with a 100hp chest, i would need +353% - +504% increased life to get even...

The problem is, people are so gaga over Koam's, because Koam's gives you the flat HP, that is modified with your other Life nodes.

And if they don't have a Koam's they are searching for that "perfect" chest piece that has tri res.

Personally, I've only run one build that I would run a Koam's with, and it wasn't even a legacy Koam's that I would run. I would want the new one, with the Fire Damage.

With the way that I play the game, sockets are just too important to pass up. At 4600 HP, I'm not dying because of too much damage. When I die on my scion, It's because I was dumb, and deserved the death. (most of the time, stupid shrine crap / desync not withstanding.)

There is just no other way I could see running a Koam's personally. But, I put a lot of stock in sockets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info