Can I say I'm unlucky yet?

Anything above 2000 is unlucky. Just gotta hang in there and keep going...

Assuming its a 1/1000 per fusing (approx.) to 6L, to not get a 6L in 2000 fusings is still 13.5%, which is still significant
"
rrtson wrote:
Crafted a 6L 980ES Vaal Regalia last year (2nd highest at the time, which I sold for 45ex), and chanced a legacy Kaom's last year (which I foolishly sold for 25ex).

Some perspective is needed here and badly: most players will never have a 6L, most will never have a 1k ES Regalia or Kaom's Heart.

You're one of the luckiest few players in PoE.

Whether you use 60 or 6000 the next fuse is still 1/1000ish.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:
Crafted a 6L 980ES Vaal Regalia last year (2nd highest at the time, which I sold for 45ex), and chanced a legacy Kaom's last year (which I foolishly sold for 25ex).

Some perspective is needed here and badly: most players will never have a 6L, most will never have a 1k ES Regalia or Kaom's Heart.

You're one of the luckiest few players in PoE.

Actually for some reason people think 6 links/kaom's heart or 1k es reglia are impossible to get or something.

If you actually play this game for any long term amount of time, you will get the 30 exalts to buy one of theses. Most people just do some shit like spend 1-300 fusings to try to 6 link a shitty item and then quit forever because it's "impossible."

Or they have like 10 sub 75 characters that never spend any remote time farming maps or anything at all with all leveling time.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Feb 16, 2014, 4:13:45 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

If you actually play this game for any long term amount of time, you will get the 30 exalts

Only if you trade, bro. Only if you trade.
I never gone past 600 fuses, but since i don't need anymore a 6l for myself I just go for 5l white high lvl random 6s and sometime u hit the jackpot :). About chance I have no luck and tbh I still try just for the achiev lol. In the end imo is just your 1st 6l that hurts a lot your wealth.
No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
"
rrtson wrote:
Templar deaths = 681 (first and only character)
Duelist deaths = 988 (created about 3 weeks ago)

Farming Dominus in the rain?

I have no idea how you can die this many times without deliberately trying. Not flaming you, I just don't get what you're doing to get death counts like these in such a short period.
There's about a 5% chance that it will take over 5000. That's not even all that unusual. If you think about all the 6Ls we've seen and all the attempts that have been made, I wouldn't call anything under 6K "unlucky".
"
rrtson wrote:
Just finished spending 2179 orbs of fusings (at current rates, about 57ex) trying to 6L an undisclosed item Am I considered unlucky yet? I rolled past about 20+ 5Ls, and my eyes were starting to water from the repetition.

Last year I 6L'd a Vaal Regalia in about 160 fusings, and I wondered what all of the fuss was about. All of those stories where people spent thousands upon thousands of fusings to 6L an item -- I honestly thought were fake or exaggerated. Now I am on the receiving end of the stick. I literally halved my wealth in a day, and I have nothing to show for it. Sad day is sad.

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY! 5000 for 6L is very common. so yeah...
 Now you see the insanity that RNG is. Some get lucky and 6L in a few hundred tries while most do not and after 2000 tries still have nothing. It is sad that GGG has this working exactly as intended and seams quite happy with the way it is even though most of the players hate it with a capital H. I'd like to think that GGG has heard our cries and they're coding a new, better, less RNG way to craft but I doubt that they are.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info