Time to resurrect this:
108pt build for 1.1.3
- with reworked Marauder tree, going to Duelist is now a waste of nodes, since Marauder already gets everything we ever need: life, armour, shield, attack damage, attack speed, resists, you name it!
- new Marauder start is designed much better for build flexibility: you can drop some nodes to get others. For example, you can drop some armour to get more attack speed or damage, or get resistances instead.
- now we have A LOT more armour, more than double from previous tree version. Combined with something like Lightning Coil and Lioneye's Remorse shield, physical damage shouldn't even be noticeable. Including Molten Shell into a levelled CWDT will give a huge armour boost as well.
- alternatively, with Crest of Perandus we can have 69%
chance to block!
- pathing is more efficient overall, more useful nodes are now connecting different parts of the tree (like +2% block, or armour/es nodes in Templar tree) instead of just +10 to stat nodes
- loss of Unwavering: unfortunate, but it isn't really needed for this build, as most of the time we have an army
- loss of one End charge - not that big of a deal, still have 4 (5 with Oak)
- drop Berserking speed cluster, get 3*4% speed nodes in Marauder tree, this frees up 2 skill points
- dropping armour nodes in Marauder tree frees up 4 points - if you have Lightning Coil, overstacking armour won't be effective anyway
How to combat elemental damage: Saffell's Frame on weapon swap: raises resistance cap and gives around 40-45% chance to block spells. And its dirt cheap.
As always, any corrections or general feedback is welcome!
If your BoR build was fine before, it is STILL FINE AS YOU ARE WEARING A LEGACY BOR.
Allowing legacy items to exist as they are, instead of updating them to new versions, is easily the worst design choice ever made in Path of Exile.