Time to resurrect this:
108pt build for 1.1.3
- with reworked Marauder tree, going to Duelist is now a waste of nodes, since Marauder already gets everything we ever need: life, armour, shield, attack damage, attack speed, resists, you name it!
- new Marauder start is designed much better for build flexibility: you can drop some nodes to get others. For example, you can drop some armour to get more attack speed or damage, or get resistances instead.
- now we have A LOT more armour, more than double from previous tree version. Combined with something like Lightning Coil and Lioneye's Remorse shield, physical damage shouldn't even be noticeable. Including Molten Shell into a levelled CWDT will give a huge armour boost as well.
- alternatively, with Crest of Perandus we can have 69%
chance to block!
- pathing is more efficient overall, more useful nodes are now connecting different parts of the tree (like +2% block, or armour/es nodes in Templar tree) instead of just +10 to stat nodes
- loss of Unwavering: unfortunate, but it isn't really needed for this build, as most of the time we have an army
- loss of one End charge - not that big of a deal, still have 4 (5 with Oak)
- drop Berserking speed cluster, get 3*4% speed nodes in Marauder tree, this frees up 2 skill points
- dropping armour nodes in Marauder tree frees up 4 points - if you have Lightning Coil, overstacking armour won't be effective anyway
How to combat elemental damage: Saffell's Frame on weapon swap: raises resistance cap and gives around 40-45% chance to block spells. And its dirt cheap.
As always, any corrections or general feedback is welcome!