...::: [1.1.0] TK's ST CoC Shadow aka THE WELDER :::...

"

Typical glass cannon contradiction 'I can do everything except ... <massive list follows>'

'most of builds do the same' --> most of glass cannon builds*. Not fair on other players. I have a youtube playlist full of players that do all bosses including shock and horror, and villa, and with any mods. Of course, they dont run a build with low hp and the worst 'defenses' to further complement it (evasion / dodge) and then blame their failures on the map / boss / ggg and say every other player is in their same spot.

Look, although your account is suspiciously new I will take you in good faith and consider you not being a troll but simply uninformed, so listen now;

Glass cannon approach is totally legitimate way of playing this game. First is fun, second it's efficient, third it feels and looks spectacular. People in public games often ask me in awe "whoaaa what build is THAT!?" with their poor newbie grand slam marauders first time seeing a damn CoCer must seem like a quite of a show.

Why am I saying it's efficient? Because of gear invested vs. clear speeds. I can do maps very, very fast. I can do maps probably 50% faster then any build made to survive any boss; rough estimation. What is your goal, to be able to tank any boss map with some boring RMTed legacy OP items like aegis aurora or kaoms or seed death and napalm and do more damage then rest of your party together?

So I've made may guide very clear with all good and bad sides of this build. It's cheap and very powerful build. No you cannot tank all bosses in game, no you cannot stack 400 IIR on it but who cares? This build is about fun, damage and clearing speed, and it's pretty good in what it does.

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
TK: For single target you could maybe set up a separate non-CoC Spectral Throw (without additional projectiles). Something like Added Physical + Crit Damage. That's what I use for bosses except with Puncture.
"
feyith wrote:
TK: For single target you could maybe set up a separate non-CoC Spectral Throw (without additional projectiles). Something like Added Physical + Crit Damage. That's what I use for bosses except with Puncture.

I don't have problems with single targets /there are very few single targets in this game anyway. Each of my throws has 90% chance to trigger 3 attack spells; Each has 3 projectiles (=9) and each has 50% chance to crit. No caster can ever hope of that - and then throws return and double the crit/ damage output.

I melt single though opponents fast, only mobile ones like hooked horrors can sometimes force you to kite more /feel clumsy to kill but those situations are very rare.

[Removed by Support]

Tl;dr and back on the topic at hand ... You boast about its dps and efficiency, and yet it took you 4 minutes to clear 1/6 of a map and skipped boss. Need I say more? nope, didnt think so.
Last edited by Sam on Feb 17, 2014, 4:36:09 PM
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:
"
feyith wrote:

I don't have problems with single targets /there are very few single targets in this game anyway. Each of my throws has 90% chance to trigger 3 attack spells; Each has 3 projectiles (=9) and each has 50% chance to crit. No caster can ever hope of that - and then throws return and double the crit/ damage output.

I melt single though opponents fast, only mobile ones like hooked horrors can sometimes force you to kite more /feel clumsy to kill but those situations are very rare.

He is trying to help you ...[Removed by Support] In your video ... the beginning about 10 ST's to kill that single white mob with curse on and ... 0:55, takes you on average 4 throws to kill rotting damneds. Yeah,those are white mobs. Yeah, thats the kill speed you are so proud of. Gimme a friggin break, dude.
Last edited by Sam on Feb 17, 2014, 4:35:42 PM
Please discuss this topic without making hostile personal comments.
How about this build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAAYDlgV9BfkIZw5IEZYV8BX2GDwZihqPHNwj9iT9JpUo-ipbLUctgzSTOyhGcUd-Sn1OKlBCUzVVS1bqVvpaSFuvXfJgQ2J5YqxjcGVNZ6BtbG17bj1uaXBScFZw1Xf9fXV_xoLHgwmE2Yd2iEKMNpAbkyeTOpcGmK2aE5u1naOdqrQMtUi2QbfWu-O9J76nwFHBxcSixLjQ7tIZ037VANX41p3W0dtZ29TdDeOE51TuDu967-Pv8PId8-r22vej-ej7Cfyr_MX-ug==

Pretty much the same build but I started as Scion and went for Elemental equilibrium - assuming my spells will only be fire and cold dmg - then all I just need to add some lightning dmg to spectral throw for that big dmg boost.
Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

Which chests are optimal here? Will my Carcass do just fine, or are the better options?

Should Spectral Throw be leveled? I have one that is about to hit 20, so I can make it lvl 1 with quality soon if needed. Or should I keep the leveled no quality one?

If I wanted to try out keeping Vaal Pact, using a Life Leech gem would be necessary I assume, or are there other alternatives to Life Steal?
Exiled_Wanderer, what's the difference between your build and this one? The passive skill trees seem identical, as far as I can tell. Just the gems you're using? Not much changes other than trading in ST and LMP (or GMP). What other supports are you using? I would keep Life Leech since you have a 6-link and Vaal Pact.

As far as quality ST, it depends on whether you want more base damage or more procs. Either one works. You can always put on/take off a 10% attack speed item to see how the difference in proc rate feels and whether or not you think it's worth the trade off.

There's not really a "better" chest; it's just whatever you prefer, and you already have a really nice 6-link so I don't see any reason to look further. I really like Infernal Mantle but I'm more spell damage and ES specced.
"
jtrand wrote:
How about this build:
Pretty much the same build but I started as Scion and went for Elemental equilibrium - assuming my spells will only be fire and cold dmg - then all I just need to add some lightning dmg to spectral throw for that big dmg boost.

I don't see why not. Personally I never understood EE to well, I mean I know the theory but still.... You must rotate the damage, no? like hit with fire, hit with ice? I already saw build like that somewhere. You could perhaps lose two mana nodes near duelist.

"
Which chests are optimal here? Will my Carcass do just fine, or are the better options?

Should Spectral Throw be leveled? I have one that is about to hit 20, so I can make it lvl 1 with quality soon if needed. Or should I keep the leveled no quality one?

If I wanted to try out keeping Vaal Pact, using a Life Leech gem would be necessary I assume, or are there other alternatives to Life Steal?

Chest? Links are priority; otherwise as best defensive stats as you can get. Past that is not important. Carcass is fine.

Spectral throw should be quality if possible(att. speed), level is not important, higher level will cost a bit more to cast but should not be noticeable.

Lately I run with FB-ISpear-FPulse (two cold spells) and Bereks' grasp and I leech life like crazy. Best alternative I can see.

EDIT you'll see what I mean on video I am just uploading. Check how my health was quickly replaced after boss fight.

Last edited by Thorien_Kell on Feb 17, 2014, 8:42:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info