...::: [1.1.0] TK's ST CoC Shadow aka THE WELDER :::...

Keep in mind people that this guide is outdated and wasn't updated, since it does not reflect buffs made to Fireball, Arctic Breath and Arc.

Also, this build does have BIG reflect issues - since your damage is elemental, hitting reflect pack in a party is a guaranteed suicide in most cases, since you can't evade/block refl damage.

It has no Vaal Pact, and Atziri gloves cost ridiculous amount so aren't available to most players.

Sure, an argument can be made that you shouldn't hit reflect packs, but with a party it is often hard to see what exactly is going on and you could easily miss ele refl. Even when playing solo, you can easily hit it offscreen.

Point is, don't expect to reach 90+ with this build unless you somehow take VP and use lifeleech gem, since one death will waste you many hours of lost experience. Even 85+ levelling will become quite frustrating.

Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 12, 2014, 6:33:18 AM
KBdark set up is pretty effective (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/787487/page/25)

block work on reflect so 2 ungil + stone of laz is perfect

I add vaal pact and life leech gem instead of concentrated effect and I only died on bleeding because I can't manage my flash correctly :D
Can you post your version of the tree then?

I already read about dual-Ungils. In short, it will cripple your dps and make spellprocs unreliable since Ungills is a crap dagger for CoC build, and while phys block is very good, 35% spellblock is lackluster and without instant leech you will still be eble to easily kill yourself, especially in high maps when you will be recieving a shitton more damage in addition to reflect.

Basically, if you resort to using dual-Ungils, you might as well scrap your char and make something much more effective instead.

Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 12, 2014, 11:46:02 AM
My Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYEfgV9BfkOSBGWFSAV8BX2GYoajx4aI_YkPCT9JpUnqSo4Kk0qWyzpLYM0kzpYPydHfklRSn1KyE4qUEJTNVVLVupW-lpIWm1br13yYnljcGVNZ6BtbG17bmluqnBScFZwu3DVfXV_xoTZhxmHdohCjDaQG5cGmhObtZ2joi6nXKlutUi18rZBu-O-p8HFxKLEuNDu0hnTftUA1U_V-NbR29TdDd5351TuDu967-Pv8PId9tr3o_sJ_Kv8xf66_5M=

I also use rainbowstride to get more spell block. Other pieces is mainly life & resist

And sure it procs less often but that's not an issue : instead of insane dps you just get very hight dps. Killing dominus is quite easy, I don't try atziri yet

And sure we might do something more effective but it's just fun to launch a torrent of fire & ice :D
Is there not a 1.2.0 version of this build ?
"
Matsis wrote:
Is there not a 1.2.0 version of this build ?

here is mine passive tree

I reworked the tree a bit went with more physical damage set up instead of the elemental damage way out of shadow. I can now do elemental or physical reflect map havn't got a map with both mods. Reflect pack is not an issue.
That 2% blood drinker is all the leeach you need for this build no need of life leech or LGOH gems.

fireball artic breath and freezing pulse should be the 3 spells to max dps. if you really worry about the reflecting damage you could alway replace one of the gem with chao damage.
Last edited by twigsmaster on Sep 17, 2014, 5:18:57 PM
-------
Reflected attacks can be blocked and dodged, and reflected spells can be blocked if the player has spell block or spell dodge.
-------

Hello guys i'm playing a lvl 75 CoC In beyond with this gem link (5L):ST-LMP-CoC-Arctic Breath or Ice spears - Freezing Pulse.

Only running 69maps max atm and my clearspeed is insane, I don't care about elem reflects because i run only cold spells in my coc so i always have my Saphir flask but the must have is this: Vaal grace + increase duration, give me 35% more chance to dodge spells and attacks for ~10seconds(in 10seconds you have easily the time to kill the elem reflects pack) and it stacks with Acro dodge bonus.

I have 50%block chance and if one day I have trouble with elem reflects (with a future 6Link chest) i'll buy a Rathpith to gimme 25%spell block, and i think that with 86%cold resist 65%spells dodge (for 10 seconds) and 25%spell block i'll be fine.

Dont give up on CoC builds!

My tree http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNii2VHZsJL_kxa_Ax4fQQYjtUjz6ioLcFKJ03DVJpVh4lVLjDbfhELDXfIOSBGWkBtwVpoT29QHHpUu8NVJUW1sNj2dqmyMYqy0xeOEwJynNMLsBbXUIzBx3ahLeI2_UUfnVCT9_94wfI19I_b665Lzo4rXy7fTPeJI7huteK7Tfn11_rq748SiAF4Zju2DCC6bjX8r1op311b6_MVnoId2Sn3dDSzpFSAi4h6BS43_HJAKTZJeRTpC
I'm Going for the big Life Nodes next to the scion (4k HP atm).

With this build you can switch to pure crit Spectral Throw physical dmg by getting the physical nods at the shadow start (instead of the attack speed one) and going into the big Daggers Nods with phys dmg/crit multi/crit with dagger at the cost of less life and of course get rid of those elem/spell dmg/chance to freeze nods, the 5 link would be ST-ProjPhysDmg-Lmp(or Gmp)-Faster Attacks-Added fire.

The tree would be something like http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNii2Ra_Ax4fQQYjtUjz6ioLcFKJ03DVJpVh4lVLDkgRlpAbcFaaE9vUBx6VLvDVSVFtbDY9napsjGKstMXC7AW11CMwcd2oS3iNv1FH51Qk_f_eMHyNfSP2-uuS86OK18u30z3iSO4brXiu0359df66u-PEogBeGY7tgwgum41_K9aKd9dW-vzFZ6CHdkp9HoFLjf8cTZJeRTpCyBT1b2qMjDZHBth2uT6sZizhfeNW9dtul9COiuOEtxeA4eJeOJZMYASxlWbb58CcpzQ=

Last edited by oneprod on Sep 28, 2014, 12:59:35 AM
Started playing this build, having a lot of fun destroying the health bars of my enemies, and the graphics cards of my friends, in the most spectacular of manners.

oneprod, if you don't mind me asking, are you going straight evasion, or a hybrid? I've just reached merciless, and I was pretty squishy in cruel even with max resists. I had been following twigsmaster's build, but I think I might switch over to something more like yours with shield block, ev/es based.

What's your crit chance/attack speed with just one dagger/shield? And/or could you link your gear?

Thinking something like this btw:

Thanks
Last edited by agentanorexia on Oct 1, 2014, 8:03:24 AM
Hello guys, hello agentanorexia.

Yes i'm straight Life/evasion, dont go for ES since you have acrobatics.

My gear:

My crit chance is 42% and my attack speed is 2.3, I have some IR on items (102% which is cool to drop more stuff in maps), my shield is bad because i need int to wear my int gems and i need some cold resist, take this one, it's really better:

40%block means that you dont need to take the big shield nods just at the bottom of the shadow start.

I still need to do a nice craft on my 5link armor dont I dont know what at the moment.

If you're in rampage/standard you can focus your jewelery on global crit chance (with the implicit roll) for more crit, and maybe try a :

then take alira's power charge in merciless and the other power charge in passive tree (next to the big dagger nod).

Finally, as you can see my gear is cheap and i'm doing great with it ! :)

I dont like the road you take in passive tree because of the useless Eva/ES nods, and with the shield i linked you dont need that big shield nods at the bottom of shadow start.
I would go for something more like this:

You just need one of the "8%maximum mana" next to "mind drinker", as i said dont go for the eva/es nods and enter the ranger tree in the Life/eva nods it's way more better and dont forget to take "ballistic mastery" (maybe you forgot to skill it in the passive tree simulator)i saw that you took Cold dmg nods, i assume you're focusing on only casting cold spells which is great because you just need a saphir flask for reflects (and vaal grace for really really big reflects pack).
I saw that you need Int/Stre nods, take it next to the life nods at the bottom.

If you need more physical dmg take physical dmg nods at the shadow start instead of the attack speed one, that's what i did to be more hybrid phys/spell.

There is my tree at the moment:

I'm more focusing on life (4 185 life atm, i'd like 5k+ for beyond but upgrading my gear is starting to cost me a lot, i'm low in currency :D ).
The "increased life recovery from flask" nods are very usefull (80% from the tree) especially with instant recovery life potions.

Im starting to run 70/71 maps now and it's really fast and smooth, i love CoC :D
Last edited by oneprod on Oct 2, 2014, 10:10:06 AM
Hey, thanks for the reply. I was thinking ev/es because the shield I would be using is a legacy aegis Aurora (guess I should have mentioned that), but it's less effective without a decent bit of armor I suppose. Yeah the tree was just a two minute thing before work, not much thought put into it.

The other reason I was thinking the aegis is because I've got an armor/es five linker. Adding percent armor and es to that, in addition to aegis, might bring enough benefit to boosting my es pool as well. I'm using a tabula rasa at this point, but I think I'll have to switch to that other chest for survival reasons. Also the aegis boosts my max cold resist, which helps even more on reflect if using two cold spells.

Edit - my other gear is all pretty bad, the aegis was something that looked fun in beta so I picked it up. Good decision, as it turns out, but it's far and away the best thing I have.

And yeah, this is by far the most fantastically fun build I've played yet.
Last edited by agentanorexia on Oct 2, 2014, 10:40:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info