...::: [1.1.0] TK's ST CoC Shadow aka THE WELDER :::...

Gear

Tree

Clear speed is very fast. When soloing, the highest I've done is 72 maps, and the boss usually dies in 1-2 seconds. I've done 2-man parties up to 77 maps, and blue/white packs almost blow up instantly.

I have 95% Crit chance with main dagger, and 91,6% Crit chance on off hand. 7,8k armor, 4,2k LP and 75/75/75 resist. Because of the surgeon's mod on flasks, I can have Topaz and Ruby flask up pretty much all the time if I want to for an extra 10 max resist in those 2. Spell Crit chance is around 44% for EK and 55% for Fireball.
If it's an easy map, I sometimes switch to IIR and I get 228 rarity.

Because of Vaal Pact, I can sustain through close to everything. Facetanked 74 dominus in a 2-man party, both his Lightning Fist and Lightning Stream skills couldn't kill me. Reflect is not even close to being an issue, nor is the Thorned shrine, so you never really have to worry about whatever mods any monsters might have, which also means there aren't any map mods that can't be done. If I see monsters, I just dive right in.

That's all I can think of for now. So, how would I go about changing this to your build?
Last edited by Exiled_Wanderer on Feb 16, 2014, 2:31:00 PM
You have very nice gear, things should sail smoothly for you. I've used Danmaku for quite time and going ST/LMP seemed like big step up, I felt safer and cleared faster (check my videos if you haven't) - so I suggest that you at least try it, it cost you literally nothing - gear and tree are the same. With 6L chest you can use concentrated effect for example, it's 75% damage x 2 = 150% more, so 3,5 spells effectively instead of 2, and they proc more, and you don't have to be in middle of mobs. I say it's better but you must see for yourself.

I suggest that you change nothing for start, just get ST (can be lvl 1) and clear docks to see how playstyle suits you.

Your chest has 2 red's which we don't need, 5L would be enough to test, if you have Tabula that is awesome, if not, any 5L chest with GGGBB or GGGGB but even one attack spell can give you the taste of build.

ST-COC-LMP are pretty much mandatory. For attack I use various spells but I recommend FB and Ice Spear setup, it proved to be most sturdy.

You will need low level clarity on life and at least 1 mana regen /+mana ring (you can do this by tree but don't change anything yet until you're sure what you want)

So test it out, see how you like it. Re-read my OP and if you have more questions I'll be glad to help.

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
I didn't have a Tabula Rasa, but I bought one as well as a quality ice spear. In the OP you don't seem to advocate getting Concentrated Effect as the 6th link though? And it doesn't work on Ice Spear so it's only Fireball getting boosted. In the video you're using Arctic Breath as a 3rd attack spell.

I tried it a bit in the docks, but it's a bit difficult as I have no mana regen outside of the small natural amount, and with Vaal Pact and no Life Leech gem in the mix, I gain 0 life, so I couldn't test it for long. It did, however, seem quite fun. The mobs melted away from the few casts that I could make.

Edit: Tried a 70 map. I knew it wouldn't be possible without some sort of life regen, and with pots unavailable, I put life leech instead of concentrated effect. Aside from only being able to do 10 casts or so before running out of mana, there was no problem clearing it. Ran into both ele reflect and phys reflect, but with the life leech gem, neither one did anything to my life pool.

Was running a lvl 6 Clarity on life with Grace and Purity of Elements on mana. I'm still not totally sure how you support mana. As far as I can see, I have more added mana on gear. The only thing you have is Mana Flows and the node before it. Is that really all the difference?
Last edited by Exiled_Wanderer on Feb 16, 2014, 7:36:13 PM
I've learned about conc effect later, I will add it to guide today probably. In theory it increases DPS by 75% which is best support spell except LMP (and possible added crit damage) but then you must use "projectile, AoE" spells and that leaves Spear out. Which is bad, AB does not crit as good to freeze as good. I really love IS because it penetrates then 100% crits, it can kill enemies behind other enemies like immortal totems, casters and necros. And it freezes which is crucial for Berek's life leech.

Since I use tabula mostly I swap my spells constantly; I use either FB +AB +concetrate or FB + Spear+ Freezing pulse. Or Arc in group play because shock stacks really make a difference.

Reflect is no problem, sounds weird but it's true. I've killed hundred of reflecters and not died even once. I don't use vaal pact even. You need some more time to get used to the build, I even do not use berek's grip (leech) until map levels 73+ or more difficult modifiers(I've started using it more lately because of tabula, I had nice 5L belly armor). You are mobile and can always attack from afar /whirling left and right (check my first vid) mobs are chilled, frozen and slow and you can avoid missiles by whirling - mobs die fast - if not you have surgeons health potions that never run out.

However leech via bereks is more then enough for this build, when you go heavy on cold damage. If you are still uncertain in investment I can borrow you mine to try out, or get one before "Saleena the Flipper" buys them all and puts b/o at 2EX, some can still be grabed for EX or slightly more.

About mana; yes all I have is that little circle near duelist. You should easily be able to emulate that by good mana+ /mana regen ring. Regen is key here, I have absolutely zero problems with mana, and my ST is even leveled. Clarity I keep at lvl 6 - 200 HP less.

Last edited by Thorien_Kell on Feb 17, 2014, 5:05:15 AM
I was thinking of using this 6-link combo:

CoC - Spectral Throw - FB - LMP - Ice Spear - EK

Do you this above setup is better/gives more dps than the setup below?

CoC - Spectral Throw - FB - LMP - Ice Spear - Concentrated effect
Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

If you go with tabula all is great because you can swap and adjust spells at will. About those spells few things you must consider;

EK cannot shotgun (1 spell attacks one target always; most of others can) and it has weak synergy with LMP - EK already has 10 missiles and LMP gives it 2 more, it's mere 20% dps increase while with FB it's triple damage increase.

I already tested AoE spells without LMP - it's good but LMP is better; to put things simply EK is not "our" spell. We use LMP. EK is good, it can be used on reflect if necessary, I tend to carry one around but there are better spells.

Conc effect id viable alternative to third spell; it gives you 150% damage more (75+75%) but you need to use it on AoE spells, FB is one; IS isn't. So if you plan using Conc. Eff. your alternative is FB and arctic breath. Works fine but I love IS more; read the answer to wanderer above why.

So either that or go with FB+IS+third spell of your choice; I love freeze pulse (cause of synergy with bereks ring; life leech; freezing; aoe; penetraring; and generally badass look) but arc does wonder in group play because of shock stacks.

Edit: Must still test added critical damage.

Last edited by Thorien_Kell on Feb 17, 2014, 5:31:16 AM
Another glass cannon showing dry peninsula map gameplay, wonder why (hint: easy native monsters and boss)
Can you upload more videos of your current setup with tabula.
Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

"
Another glass cannon showing dry peninsula map gameplay, wonder why (hint: easy native monsters and boss)

Don't be ridiculous - map was picked randomly as all of my maps are; I can play any map /don't care which one. Some modifiers slow me down (like no regen /half regen or ele reflect) so I avoid them just because of efficiency.

I can take down most of bosses quickly, except ones with nasty one shot mechanics or bear traps (bad for eva based chars) like damn torture chamber laser or villa boss. Those one are risky and I avoid them, but most of builds do same.

Yesterday I killed nasty Jungle valley spinner without problems and I even have -60 chaos resi. This build can peak tremendous damage and more mobs around them faster they fall.

"
jtrand wrote:
Can you upload more videos of your current setup with tabula.

Sure, in next day or two. It takes ages for damn video to upload and it chokes my connection.
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:
"

Don't be ridiculous - map was picked randomly as all of my maps are; I can play any map /don't care which one. Some modifiers slow me down (like no regen /half regen or ele reflect) so I avoid them just because of efficiency.

I can take down most of bosses quickly, except ones with nasty one shot mechanics or bear traps (bad for eva based chars) like damn torture chamber laser or villa boss. Those one are risky and I avoid them, but most of builds do same.

Yesterday I killed nasty Jungle valley spinner without problems and I even have -60 chaos resi. This build can peak tremendous damage and more mobs around them faster they fall.

Typical glass cannon contradiction 'I can do everything except ... <massive list follows>'

'most of builds do the same' --> most of glass cannon builds*. Not fair on other players. I have a youtube playlist full of players that do all bosses including shock and horror, and villa, and with any mods. Of course, they dont run a build with low hp and the worst 'defenses' to further complement it (evasion / dodge) and then blame their failures on the map / boss / ggg and say every other player is in their same spot.

Last edited by sixxinchesfromtheground on Feb 17, 2014, 2:30:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info