...::: [1.1.0] TK's ST CoC Shadow aka THE WELDER :::...

"
Any screesnots of the ST+CoC+LMP+FB+IS setup, the damage in particular?

I don't see it anywhere so can't really compare with other builds.

Tooltip dps is meaningless it this build (as is in many others) and real damage is hard to calculate but in my experience DPS bursts on this build are ...pretty damn high.

2.38 aps of my spectral throw (523 DPS by itself) and each has 88.5% chance of launching;
3 x 1200 dps fireball with (41% chc)
3 x 600 DPS ice spear (48% chc)
3 x 571 DPS freeze pulse (41% chc)

So that is 18 missiles per second which crit almost half of times, attack very far, huge AoE, freeze; pierce, you name it.

This would be minimal damage vs single target
Triple it vs sufficiently large groups and sextuple it when throws start to get back.
Also piercing of IS, then burning of FB, then possible shock stacks if you use arc...

Also, most of my spells are at lvl 18 while FP is on 16.
IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
Last edited by Thorien_Kell on Feb 27, 2014, 1:30:31 PM
I see your point but if I go swapping my gear for block chance stuff, my crit gets wrecked and I would problably end up dying cause I would do no dmg. But I'll give it a shot.

The reflect problem is not on maps but in random monsters. But i guess if u enfeeble them and pop your life flasks before the dps starts to increase, its manageable. U just need fast brains and quick fingers. ;)
And since I dont use tabula, I wont carry another chest just for reflect mobs so.. :P

Thanks for the tips
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:
"
Eapfesolod wrote:
Hey guys,
sorry if the following question was allready answered, but i didn't find anything.

The picture of this build looks like he is using GMP (isn't he?) but he and many of you use LMP.

So i tried both and i srsly can't decide. What is 'better'? Sure for single dps lmp would be stronger but if only a few more mobs are around it feels like GMP would be the way to go.

LMP, for several reasons.
First, if only one of your GMP missiles miss, LMP does better damage.
Costs less. Damage difference is negligible.
Better crit proccing in large groups of GMP - trust me you need least dps boost there.
Less clutter, less choke CPU, less hostility in patties. Huge. Reason.

Thank you very much for your answer. :) I get used to use LMP now, but i'll keep GMP to crush puplic Parties :P
Last edited by Eapfesolod on Feb 25, 2014, 5:41:56 PM
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:
(41% chc; is this calculated in?)

Yes. Critical strike chance and damage multiplier are already calculated into the displayed DPS. The best way to see this is the display difference between Power Charges.
Still remember people linking 3-4 Firestorms or GMP Fireballs with CoC gems, completely freezing the game for up to 5 seconds, good times...

Crits (and accuracy) are always calculated into DPS (or Average Damage per hit depending on skill)

So if we use a 5L the DPS will be somewhere around 10-12k with 18 lvl gems, not great but decent to clear maps relatively fast, considering very low gear cost. Still tons better than my shit phys 2h ST build.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Feb 26, 2014, 5:14:04 AM
Update:

- Dropped one of high crit daggers to an Ungil's Gauche

- Dropped a double crit amulet to Stone of Lazahwar

- Dropped Determination for Haste

- Running lvl 7 Clarity on life (plus grace, purity, haste on mana)

- Dropped Ele Weakness for Crit Weakness

And I think its a more balanced build now.

- The lost of crit chance on the off hand is compensated for the AS of ungil's + haste and crit weaknes

- The lost of armor is compensated by the block chance of ungil's

- plus I get 25% chance to block spells, wich is nice, for the spell attacks and the reflect issues

Feel free to comment guys!

PS:

Well that didnt work :/
So I tried a different thing. Replaced FP for EK to make less elemental dmg cause of the reflects and added these 3 items

Not sure about wich amulet to use but hopefully the physical dmg of EK well help me face lightning thorns

I'm definetly more tanky ;)

Thank u
Last edited by Barrabaz on Feb 26, 2014, 2:45:12 PM
Gauche is effectively a shield, which allows you to keep dual dagger chc bonuses.

but you're losing from 90+ (9,5+ chc dagger) to 63% of chc in your offhand which is roughly 14% of dps which is not little.

Block chance from 30 to 50% is great but you must decide how much archers and melee attackers bother you - personally I find 'em relatively harmless. Our build is extremely mobile, missiles can easily be dodged and melee guys hardly have chance to get near.

Without block at 50% - lazhwar hardly makes a difference - on the other hand.

That is where real danger comes from IMO, badass oneshot mechanic bosses spellcasters. But again they are problem even for most toughest builds.

Determination is cool if you actually have armor to fortify - I barely have any so it's useless to me.

Ele weakness will almost always outdamage crit weakness by roughly twice.

Bloodseeker steals phys. ATTACK damage. It means it's useless for spells, like EK. Wording in this game is -very- important.

I hope that eases you selection of ammy's.

If you want to be more tanky I suggest you try one old and extremely underestimated survival trick - enfeeble curse. That thing makes unbelievable difference. Also, life leech instead of third attack spell works pretty well even without vaal pact. If you use EK too, ele reflect shouldn't be a problem at all. Tested.

Again, both ele reflect and lightning thorns are here just to force us to play carefully. I did die actually once today from thorns, but did you ever noticed that those things last for barely 2-3 sec anyway? If you cast decoy totem and go other way around to execute bitch mages, you wont't have any problems.

Damn, u r right.. :/

The power of suggestion.. I was feelin much tankier and tought its was because of the "vaal pact" claw...

Too bad I spent all those chromatics and chaos.. but oh well, knoledge is not free i guess..

Either way, going back to crit double daggers and doublecrit amulet, but sticking to EK cause its a so good defensive/offensive skill.

Wich u think is better on amulets: crit multi or spell dmg?

Thanks again bro
Respecced one of my Shadows into this build, since I managed to grab 68% crit Rat's Nest for just 1 ex, as well as found that I had a 5L EV/EN armour stashed which I didn't really use.

Tooltip dps of spells is indeed mostly meaningless, you do so much more damage due to very high number of spells that are being triggered.

Linking to GMP and Arctic Breath turns you into an ice resurfacer on steroids - casting dozens of AB projectiles every second, chilling ground everywhere)

First problem I have is mana - used with 2 auras on mana reserve, you run out of it eventually, even with 60% regen nodes from the tree and using lvl 1 ST. Clarity on life seems like a terrible solution, even though it works.
Why not go for one of these:
1) Eldritch Battery. Just one 150-200+ ES item will give so much mana, especially with some mana increase nodes. Plus if you run 5L, and its not a Belly of the Beast, you will have a EV/EN armour anyway in order to get the right socket colours. Dropping one mana aura will also allow to run Mind over Matter, which will drastically boost survivability.
2) Take the 3 nodes of Soul Siphon Cluster - that is 25 mana for each kill - since you kill incredibly fast, this should solve all mana problems.
This will free 3 sockets which can be used for something better than Clarity.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Feb 27, 2014, 5:31:57 AM
@Barrabaz
Maybe it wasn't all a suggestion - we actually do some phys. damage with ST, with lots of crits. But it's not that much either.

I would take spell damage. It works on crits and non crits too.

@Araycan
If you followed my build exactly, you should not have any mana problems. My ST is lvl 18 even I think. I keep mana flask just in case but I use it almost never.

EB costs 2 points and it's not really necessary but if you prefer that route ... I guess it's OK. EV on chest could still be useful.

Soul syphon - again, costs 3 points and it's not really necessary. I would rather sacrifice three sockets on my gear then three passive points anytime. I even use 2 CwDT setups. I cannot imagine what more would I need? Culling perhaps?

Low level clarity costs you 200HP and resolves your mana problems. It seems like acceptable solution, but ofc it's not the only one.

I can even run 50% regen maps, but I take ark for my third spell, berek leeches mana then too.
Last edited by Thorien_Kell on Feb 27, 2014, 6:30:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info