[2.0.0] maxBo's SplitArrow/Frenzy Guide (new lvl77 Shrine Vid, HC Viable))

"
looks like a good build currently testing it out on invasion, so far it has had no problem with any invader which is nice. :)

Nice to hear...keep it going .... I am bit busy nowadays so i couldn restart after my lvl60 ranger died in invasion :D will do it soon
Ingame: maxboo

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1205678 HotW Submission
Currently level 68 with this build in ambush but still feeling a bit squisy. I was using a volls to gain power charges but might change it to my EV chest. Also my HP is pretty low, only 3k in act 3 merciless. Havnt specced into ondars and acrobatics which I will try when going full evasion. My gear would be the following:

I am considering using my 6link lightning coil and using a alpha's to run few more auras(2x 60% and 1x 40% should be viable). Also I might use the blooddance boots and run blood rage, not sure if this would gain much DPS.

Any thought about my tree?
Lightning Coil is certainly a must. I would use it if I had it.
Regarding the tree, it's plenty of life, so your life issue is most probably on gear. Be sure to have life on all rare pieces except for 1-2 maybe. Beware also if you use many unique items, your resistances and life will likely suffer (boots for instance is a premium piece for very high res, much needed with L.Coil).
On tree, I wouldn't take the 4*8 life above Master Fletcher, it's 32% for 7 points which is a terrible efficiency. I'd rather do this: 24% life, 15% attack speed, 20% crit chance, and flat life/mana. Please note also the slight rerouting around Talons of Murder to give access to Conditioning.

Next things to take:
- Heart of the Oak, you're just one point to it.
- Ondar's Guile: an absolute must have in any evasion build.
- Deadly Draw: must needed cluster for any physical crit bow build.
- Acrobatic/Phase acrobatic: here it's up to you.
- Conditioning: easy life and strength.
- Mental Acuity: for more crit.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Regarding the tree, it's plenty of life, so your life issue is most probably on gear. Be sure to have life on all rare pieces except for 1-2 maybe. Beware also if you use many unique items, your resistances and life will likely suffer (boots for instance is a premium piece for very high res, much needed with L.Coil).
On tree, I wouldn't take the 4*8 life above Master Fletcher, it's 32% for 7 points which is a terrible efficiency. I'd rather do this: 24% life, 15% attack speed, 20% crit chance, and flat life/mana. Please note also the slight rerouting around Talons of Murder to give access to Conditioning.

Next things to take:

Thanks for the prompt reply. Will try and reorganize my tree. I already saw some insufficient paths i've took. Gear is the first fase though! Will update once I've sorted things out. I really wanna get this build to work as I love bow builds :D. Still wanna try out the windripper but they so damn expensive....
Anyone using this build on invasion? i'm worried about survivability, how tanky can this be?
"
Anyone using this build on invasion? i'm worried about survivability, how tanky can this be?

I was doing pretty poorly to stay alive in act 3 merciless but after switching arround some gems and gear I finally feel comfortable doing maps at level 70 and feeling pretty tanky with a lightning coil.

My current gear and gem setup:

I still need to upgrade some gear, I just needed allot of lightning resist as the lightning coil gives -60 light res. I now can clear 68 maps in a breeze with even low level gems. When I put up all my charges my SA has 3k DPS and my frenzy(in only a 4 link, still trying to link my bow :/) has 10k dps. I dropped the CoC and EK gem and doing now much more consistant dmg instead of waiting to crit and CoC go off!

Still have some good passives to take and gems to level, and might drop charimsa as this saves me 6 passives!!

Current tree
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1DPIOSA-rEZYV8BmKGo8hdiLqI_YkPCT9JpUnqTB8MpQ2PTnUOlg-z0lRSn1RR1VLVvpaSFptX-Fh4mKsZ6BrJG1sbXtv8nBScLtw1XRBd9d_An8rf8aHGYd2iGuMNo19jb-VBZXpm7Wdo52qoJ-hIqGkokCly6bgp1yn1Kp_qriv67VIu-O95sBRxKLWndnG3BXh2-OE51TndOjW6xTuDu_w9Pj22vlj-wn8q_zF_sg=

"
Ruffneck058 wrote:
"

I was doing pretty poorly to stay alive in act 3 merciless but after switching arround some gems and gear I finally feel comfortable doing maps at level 70 and feeling pretty tanky with a lightning coil.

My current gear and gem setup:

I still need to upgrade some gear, I just needed allot of lightning resist as the lightning coil gives -60 light res. I now can clear 68 maps in a breeze with even low level gems. When I put up all my charges my SA has 3k DPS and my frenzy(in only a 4 link, still trying to link my bow :/) has 10k dps. I dropped the CoC and EK gem and doing now much more consistant dmg instead of waiting to crit and CoC go off!

Still have some good passives to take and gems to level, and might drop charimsa as this saves me 6 passives!!

Current tree
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1DPIOSA-rEZYV8BmKGo8hdiLqI_YkPCT9JpUnqTB8MpQ2PTnUOlg-z0lRSn1RR1VLVvpaSFptX-Fh4mKsZ6BrJG1sbXtv8nBScLtw1XRBd9d_An8rf8aHGYd2iGuMNo19jb-VBZXpm7Wdo52qoJ-hIqGkokCly6bgp1yn1Kp_qriv67VIu-O95sBRxKLWndnG3BXh2-OE51TndOjW6xTuDu_w9Pj22vlj-wn8q_zF_sg=

Thats pretty thorough! tank you!
"

Next things to take:

good reply! thank you

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

"

played the Evasion Variant on Invasion.....died on lvl60 cause PC freeze at loading screen. Till lvl60 is was very easy and smooth!

Nice guide! I am currently playing a very similar build in invasion.

I was playing regular physical crit frenzy/split arrow and it wasn't doing enough damage in maps. Changing to CoC EK on my split arrow pretty much doubled my clear speed. Currently a level 83 ranger with decent gear and while it's not the fastest clearing build, I can do 70+ maps and have done 76+ with party. I can kill most invaders using puncture + frenzy. I don't use critical weakness with physical reflect.

Quick Stats:
5k hp
2.6k armor without grace (5.3k with lvl 18 grace)
75% all res, -30 chaos res (enough to run blood rage with blood dance boots regen)
440 life regen with 6 frenzy charges
429% + 47%(crit weakness) multiplier
11k dps frenzy w/ 6 frenzy charges + 3 power charges

My Passives

My Gear + Gem setup
Spoiler
Last edited by Klayborne on May 9, 2014, 12:01:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info