[2.0.0] maxBo's SplitArrow/Frenzy Guide (new lvl77 Shrine Vid, HC Viable))

"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
I finally figurd out why this build is not working at all for me.

I've been stuck at level 52 all week and can't progress at all in Invasion league and I finally figured out what the problem was.

The problem is, the author forgot to mention this in the OP, but you absolutely need both Life Leech On Gear and Mana Leech On Gear (or gems) for this build.

I still haevn't been able to buy both, but it's very clear:

When Id on't have mana leech, I am constantly running OOM and need to run away from monsters to recharge. When I don't have life leech, I am constantly running out of health pots because the build has NO regeneration.

Very difficult build to gear.

You need:
-Life
-Res
-Good phys bow
-Crit Chance on everything
-Life Leech / Mana Leech on everything
-Ltos of Strength on gear and some Intelligence on gear because youll have very little of those.

Using a Skeleton Totem in every new room helps a little bit.

Take Mind Drinker & Soul Siphon.

LITERALLY 4 points you can wittle away from someplace else in the tree and take those 4 nodes and you'll be fine with Mana.

Mind Drinker gives 2% Mana Leech from Physical Damage, and Soul Siphon gives 25 mana on a kill. Considering you can kill multiples with one shot, you should have very few Mana issues.
Last edited by Faction3 on Mar 17, 2014, 10:14:44 AM
"
maxboo wrote:

I have 2Life% and 4%Mana

How do you sustain mana with only 4%? i have 4% using 43% crit chance and i have a lot of mana problems
Look for mana & mana regen on gear (I have 630 mana & 115% regen on a LA build which is probably more demanding).
Try playing a low level clarity on life. It reserves 320 life for lvl 6 with high lvl BM and no reduced mana, so it's manageable.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Look for mana & mana regen on gear (I have 630 mana & 115% regen on a LA build which is probably more demanding).
Try playing a low level clarity on life. It reserves 320 life for lvl 6 with high lvl BM and no reduced mana, so it's manageable.

Why lvl 6?
Why not ?
The idea is to keep it quite low so that it doesn't reserve too much life. You can use a higher level one, especially if you can link reduced mana.
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Made some little updates

4% Manaleech is enough when you got a big Manapool and have a decent amount of dmg!
Ingame: maxboo

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1205678 HotW Submission
"
Why not ?
The idea is to keep it quite low so that it doesn't reserve too much life. You can use a higher level one, especially if you can link reduced mana.

so level 6 is just a random low number, nothing specific behind it that i was missing >.<
thats what i was wondering, alright thanks :)

question, do i want a high dps low crit bow? (300+ dps, 5 crit) or a high crit low dps bow? (8+ crit, 200+ dps), or should i be looking at attack speed?

my current bow is
looking to upgrade to something better before i spend all my orbs trying to get 5L

also worth looking at would be

unless the +life from helm outways the dps boost
Last edited by iSammyJ on Mar 17, 2014, 5:38:54 PM
as long as i dotn have ur lions bow ... would u recommend the evasion build over the IR build for hc league?

would flame totem with gmp and blind on cwdt be a good addition to the evade then?
"
FauliPrime wrote:
as long as i dotn have ur lions bow ... would u recommend the evasion build over the IR build for hc league?

would flame totem with gmp and blind on cwdt be a good addition to the evade then?

sry cant realy answer that cause my experience with Evasion/Evade/Acrobatics is tooo low. I always played with IR. I just want to give u guys a build with evasion too
Ingame: maxboo

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1205678 HotW Submission
"
iSammyJ wrote:
"
Why not ?

so level 6 is just a random low number, nothing specific behind it that i was missing >.<
thats what i was wondering, alright thanks :)
No it's not random, it's just a low level value, the one I'm using actually. How much one can level clarity depends of many factors: life pool, sockets (reduced mana + blood magic or blood magic only), eva or armor build (ie. ability to reduce physical damage), the amount of mana regen needed. I have a friend that is using the same trick with a lvl 9 clarity.
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Mar 17, 2014, 7:50:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info