[2.0.0] maxBo's SplitArrow/Frenzy Guide (new lvl77 Shrine Vid, HC Viable))

How much "Crit Chance" the OP has?

Comprated to my prev. builds ; Facebraker,Ele cleaver,Double Strike,Rain of arrows.

This build rly sux! I mean i never had so much hard time at lv-80 with 68-70lv map's, 4k life res capped, 12k frenzy arround 1600split. OOMing so fast 4% manaleech 3%lifleech soo squishy i dont know. I think i will reroll

ps; ambush league
Gear Update:

Replaced Boots & Quiver, now looking for new neck/rings

Spoiler
Last edited by Boltonsquad on Mar 13, 2014, 8:49:55 PM
Hi OP, I'm playing this build in Invasion League, I'm now Level 47, still haven't found any bow better than Death Harp, but pretty fun so far.

My main question: I looked at your skill tree, and it's great how much Life you have, but I was so scared that you have zero life regen! So I subtracted some of the furthest-away life & mana nodes and went to get tthe Golem's Blood cluster and the Heart of Oak.

Was this a waste? I feel safe with 2.5% regen because I had it on every build before, but I'm worried that this will make it take too long to get sufficient crit chance?
Hardcore
Last edited by Zaorish_9 on Mar 13, 2014, 9:04:38 PM
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
Hi OP, I'm playing this build in Invasion League, I'm now Level 47, still haven't found any bow better than Death Harp, but pretty fun so far.

My main question: I looked at your skill tree, and it's great how much Life you have, but I was so scared that you have zero life regen! So I subtracted some of the furthest-away life & mana nodes and went to get tthe Golem's Blood cluster and the Heart of Oak.

Was this a waste? I feel safe with 2.5% regen because I had it on every build before, but I'm worried that this will make it take too long to get sufficient crit chance?

I wouldn't say it's a waste as it does provide some much needed early regen but in the long term you will be looking to refund those points for much more needed crit
"
ncrn wrote:
How much "Crit Chance" the OP has?

Compared to my prev. builds ; Facebreaker, Ele cleaver, Double Strike, Rain of arrows.

This build rly sux! I mean i never had so much hard time at lv-80 with 68-70lv map's, 4k life res capped, 12k frenzy around 1600 split. OOMing so fast 4% mana leech 3% lif leech soo squishy i dont know. I think i will reroll

ps; ambush league

See page 16 for this exact discussion.

There are a number of things that will make you happier, but the main ones are either:
* Use a crit bow with Power Charges.
* Trade out Chain and/or Faster Attacks for a second spell that synergizes better with the others.
* Use a different attack with normal project supports instead of CoC.
* Get some mana regen nodes.
Last edited by feyith on Mar 13, 2014, 9:42:19 PM
"
Boltonsquad wrote:
I wouldn't say it's a waste as it does provide some much needed early regen but in the long term you will be looking to refund those points for much more needed crit

Understood, I'll do that later.

As for now, I just picked up a Chain gem at level 50 and a fast but low dmg bow and WOW it's fun to use but OH SHIT I have zero mana left. :( I have 2% manaleech on gear but I don't think it's enough.

-Switched back to Death Harp (will focus on slow, strong bows in the future)
-Replaced Chain with Detonate Dead
-Removed FA from Frenzy
-Goign to choose Mind Drinker nextlevel

Hopefully this will be enough to get this build working. It's fun but I've never had trouble with a build at level 50 before, hope it works out!
Hardcore
Last edited by Zaorish_9 on Mar 14, 2014, 1:34:40 AM
Been following this build since lvl 1, now lvl 70, I'm feeling weak, and squishy.
not sure what I'm doing wrong.

This is my gear:

Spoiler

Anything need upgrading or does this build just fall off?

Hp = 2600
Damage reduction = 30%
Resists = 75/75/75
SA = 600 DPS
Frenzy = 3300 DPS
Crit chance = 32.5%
(no auras)

Last edited by iSammyJ on Mar 14, 2014, 12:04:22 PM
Been following build till 60, when I selffound blood dance boots, drop all mana nodes, and go all crit chance. Also dropped IR. Eva/dodge works much better on ranger in my op. Now 78lvl.
Life at 3400 (6 8% life nodes ahead)
SA buffed tooltip dps 1500 (but it melts white packs in couple shots)
Frenzy at 6900.. Still working on it
Currently have pretty weak gear and my resists aren't capped all (only fire at 75%+)
Blood dance + heart of oak gives me insane 7% life regen, so I decide to use 2 auras (grace + hatred) and BM gem on skills.
Now done some 69 maps with not really hard mods, and pretty easy do lower maps. Just kite some mobs.
gear:
Spoiler
"
iSammyJ wrote:
Been following this build since lvl 1, now lvl 70, I'm feeling weak, and squishy.
not sure what I'm doing wrong.

This is my gear:

Spoiler

Anything need upgrading or does this build just fall off?

Hp = 2600
Damage reduction = 30%
Resists = 75/75/75
SA = 600 DPS
Frenzy = 3300 DPS
Crit chance = 32.5%
(no auras)

You need at least a 5L Bow & Chest, how much currency do you have to spend?
I've been following this build since Ambush started, i went Shadow since it's almost the same. currently Crit-ing above medium level. I mostly went life and crit. Had no problem except my mistakes when opening chests with very low resists. I currently have 75 all resist and have no problems anymore. I'm suprised that NO ONE has used the 2 points near the CRIT/mana drinker nodes correctly. Instead of taking 2 +10 Dexterity nodes, take the movement speed and Coordintion (+3fast cast and speed, and +20 dexterity) node to link with crit nodes bellow mana drinker ! they give you more stats and the 20 dexterity.

I'd like to mention that i'm not using frenzy so ... no frenzy charges. I'm using Barrage + COC + ETHEREAL + CHAIN + life on hit. this works more well for me for single target like bosses and few mobs and also for survival. I use split arrow + COC + CHAIN + ethereal only for mobs. Again i mention i went crit early on. Since I'm poor i went with Death's Harp which works well and thinking of using 5L quill rain to use, but with higher Clarity on Blood Magic when my life is bigger and to use Grace and Hatred when i get reduced mana points. Also thinking of getting Alpha's for more mana reduced and no freeze (very handy). I tested quill rain and it's insanely cheap and good if you can sustain mana draining.

Peace everyone, and many thanks to OP for build
Last edited by XenoNerve on Mar 14, 2014, 1:23:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info