[2.0.0] maxBo's SplitArrow/Frenzy Guide (new lvl77 Shrine Vid, HC Viable))

"
maxboo wrote:
I m now leveling in the Invasion League... maybe ill update the Levelguide a lil bit this week!

Keep in mind... ManaLeech Gem is REQUIRED at early Game!

Im playing this buind on ambush,atm i dont have any problems with it and i play with gear that i found,only thing that i buy is bow......yes from begin there is little problem with mana,but nothing that 2 flasks cant handle,im lvl 55 atm and i take 3 skill points to get +25 mana on kill and thats only temporary until i get mana leach on gear and i almost dont use flasks anymore,so if u have mana problems try to take those 3 nodes it heldps alot untill u get gear with ML.....they are up,next to 2% mana leach node,so its on your way anyway

And i didnt use ML gem anytime,split arrow is doing good dmg and it dont take much mana,but that all depend on gear that ppl found or buy

EDIT: Can u post how much crit chance u have with this build if its not problem,coz ill focus on crit
IGN: Puskurcina
Last edited by Zguza_Do_Suz4 on Mar 11, 2014, 5:41:14 PM
uhh good point ...never tried those mana on kill nodes!!

my CC is ~33 atm! :)
Ingame: maxboo

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1205678 HotW Submission
"
dkowalch wrote:
Oh god this has to be the worst build ever to level with. I am hoping that once I get to lvl 60ish and get a good bow it wont take 10 frenzy arrows to kill a single white mob. I don't have a four link green yet but I may try to go splitarrow/ek although mana is an issue. I am hoping to one day get to the good stage of this build.

If you have saved most of your currency during leveling jump in trade chat and pick up some super cheap items from higher levels, even better use the noticeboard and jump in groups for faster level you may even get a high level jump in and throw you some items :D
"
sarfios wrote:
My DPS is very, very bad. Any ideas if higher levels it will get better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JuiU3kqmGI

Video of me on docks level 62 area, this is just a quick video as I was testing some recording software etc, I shall make more videos of the build hopefully at some point this week mapping 66-68 maps.
Well I am now level 57 and so far.....meh.

I mean, its a very awkward leveling build which is fine but as far as I can tell the payoff isn't that great. Even the above video of the guy farming docks is very meh. Reading this thread almost has me want to just reroll but I think I'll see it out. People saying they are lvl 74 and still not able to use the CoC EK combo? yikes.

Just saying, if you are gonna wait till lvl 80 to actually use a build, there are some crazy OP ones out there.

Totally nothing against you OP or anyone using the build, I thought it looked awesome too. Just hoping it is actually worth the awkwardness at some point.
"
sylekta wrote:
people with mana problems
you arnt doing enough damage

post your gear, i suspect you have a high attack speed bow but low dps
try going for a lower attacks speed bow so frenzy doesnt murder your mana and you hit harder to get more out of the nerfed mana leech

i have yet to transition to using coc+ek(not enuf crit and still have a thicket), using split+faster attacks+added fire+ppad and doing 4k dps with 7 frenzy charges at lvl74, can sustain my mana no problems

I'm using lioneye. Not gonna change to some other bow. Also i am lvl 81 and i started this build with the free respec at lvl 81.

Have to use a mana flask pretty often. So what to do? How come i am the only one with mana problems? What did i do wrong. Thanks.
Last edited by kompaniet on Mar 12, 2014, 1:56:36 AM
get a crit quiver
drop faster attacks on your chest, swap on added fire and see if you can sustain that, if you cant put in mana leech

and you dont need faster attacks on your frenzy with lioneye's, swap that for a mana leech as well, yes its a dps loss but no way your gonna sustain frenzy on a 1.7aps bow with faster attacks

get quality on your gems like split, frenzy, crit chance/crit damage and higher level gems, big dps boost which means more damage and more leech
Last edited by sylekta on Mar 12, 2014, 2:23:10 AM
"
maxboo wrote:

I don't know why you guys are so stubborn. If you don't want Soul Siphon and Mind Drinker end game, just grab it early on for pain-free leveling purposes and then use your free regret points once you have enough on gear to make up for it.

"
gildash wrote:
People saying they are lvl 74 and still not able to use the CoC EK combo? yikes. Just saying, if you are gonna wait till lvl 80 to actually use a build, there are some crazy OP ones out there. Totally nothing against you OP or anyone using the build, I thought it looked awesome too. Just hoping it is actually worth the awkwardness at some point.

That's kind of ridiculous. There is zero reason why anyone over level 68 doesn't have at least a 4-link Harbinger Bow. As for the awkwardness, CoC is one of those builds that it's either your play style or it isn't. Mine was functional by level 35 with Voll's and a Death's Harp. I took a lot more crit nodes and auras though.
Last edited by feyith on Mar 12, 2014, 3:08:58 AM
"
feyith wrote:
"
maxboo wrote:

I don't know why you guys are so stubborn. If you don't want Soul Siphon and Mind Drinker end game, just grab it early on for pain-free leveling purposes and then use your free regret points once you have enough on gear to make up for it.

"
gildash wrote:
People saying they are lvl 74 and still not able to use the CoC EK combo? yikes. Just saying, if you are gonna wait till lvl 80 to actually use a build, there are some crazy OP ones out there. Totally nothing against you OP or anyone using the build, I thought it looked awesome too. Just hoping it is actually worth the awkwardness at some point.

That's kind of ridiculous. There is zero reason why anyone over level 68 doesn't have at least a 4-link Harbinger Bow. As for the awkwardness, CoC is one of those builds that it's either your play style or it isn't. Mine was functional by level 35 with Voll's and a Death's Harp. I took a lot more crit nodes and auras though.

I was proccing EK from CoC at level 60 remember to use crit weakness all the time to get the most out of CoC
For all those who want to know! I switched to CoC + EK at lvl90 !!!! If you cant sustain mana you are not ready for it! Play a normal Physical ranger than. If you meet the Gear requirements you shgould swap to CoC + EK which gives you a UBERbuff in DMG!
Ingame: maxboo

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1205678 HotW Submission

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info