My Alpha Thread

"
Malice wrote:
"
purepower wrote:
In terms of player contact, how often is it that you run across other players?
It seems most of the contact would be made in the towns/Citys as they have a higher instance cap - is that correct?
Also once zoned into a playable area is it instanced per player/group or instanced for 4-8 random players who could possibly bump into each other and form a ad-hoc group...?

Only in towns. All instances are private, but shared with your party members. So you will never run into non-party members outside of town.

Cut throat leagues will be the opposite, all instances will be public (with full PvP enabled).

Great one ...very guild wars 1-ish which worked very well...
The Exiled Clan
www.exiledclan.org

Recruiting all new players now!
Right, although it differs from guild wars in that you can jump in an out of instances at will. In GW, if you were already half way through an instance, and you wanted to join up with a friend who just logged on, you would have to quit back to town, form a party, and restart the instance from the beginning.
In PoE you can just open a portal and they can jump right in.
I have Guild Wars, but like many MMO's, I never really enjoyed it.

Let me just say that members of GGG (Chris and Russell mostly) have been very vocal, even in the Alpha tester forums, and are keeping us up to date so that we know what we're getting with upcoming updates, and more importantly, whether problems are being addressed. They are doing a great job of introducing content AND fixing bugs with each update. I don't want to be a tease, but 8.6 is going to be very exciting for those of us that can play already.
Great one!

ooo i wish i could play so bad now...

The town portal is a great feature!
The Exiled Clan
www.exiledclan.org

Recruiting all new players now!
"
I don't want to be a tease, but 8.6 is going to be very exciting for those of us that can play already.

They're the tease, there's a few things they still surprise us with. But yes, I'm excited to see the changes they've made.
"Instead of praising what you do not understand, try understanding what you do not praise."
- Charles L. Haeldrik
Bloody tease!
RIP Bolto
Is there any information on what is to be expected with 0.8.6 patch?
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:

"
Version 0.8.6
- FEATURES:
- Added WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
"
Malice wrote:
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:

"
Version 0.8.6
- FEATURES:

I hope so!!!
Second in Command of PoE Clan - The Exiled
www.theexiledclan.org
"
Malice wrote:
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:

"
Version 0.8.6
- FEATURES:

Lol that would be really cool... But i'll need around $100000000000000 compensation sounds fair =)
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info