Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

My Alpha Thread

Hi mate,

Can you give a more detailed explaination of the game currancy.
THe idea of tradeable/useable goods is a great idea, has it actually been implemented?
What is the in-game economy based on atm and how stable is it?
The Exiled Clan
www.exiledclan.org

Recruiting all new players now!
"
purepower wrote:
Hi mate,

THe idea of tradeable/useable goods is a great idea, has it actually been implemented?

Well I don't think I can explain what all of the currency items do, but suffice it to say, that each has a purpose, and its sometimes difficult to decide between using the currency items and spending them at vendors. I can't say much about the game's economy, as I've only played by myself so far. In addition, GGG hasn't added sell vendors yet, but when that happens, I foresee a drastic change in the game's economy.
"
purepower wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2011-02-08/dev-diary-currency

"
purepower wrote:

There isn't really any economy to speak of, since the player base is too low. However players do trade amongst one another, usually this comes down to one player offering some orbs to get a better weapon than their current one.
The various orbs range from being reasonably common to very rare, yet even the common ones are highly desirable - you can never have enough of them.
In terms of player contact, how often is it that you run across other players?
It seems most of the contact would be made in the towns/Citys as they have a higher instance cap - is that correct?
Also once zoned into a playable area is it instanced per player/group or instanced for 4-8 random players who could possibly bump into each other and form a ad-hoc group...?
The Exiled Clan
www.exiledclan.org

Recruiting all new players now!
"
purepower wrote:
It seems most of the contact would be made in the towns/Citys as they have a higher instance cap - is that correct?
Also once zoned into a playable area is it instanced per player/group or instanced for 4-8 random players who could possibly bump into each other and form a ad-hoc group...?

Not sure what systems they use at the moment but the current instance cap is 6 players.
RIP Bolto
Can the entire game, or at least a majority of the game including bosses, be played solo?
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:
Can the entire game, or at least a majority of the game including bosses, be played solo?

Only the first two acts are currently in game. But it has been stated that this game will be soloable, that said group play is encouraged.
RIP Bolto
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:

I have completed all the content alone (on all difficulties), so yeah :)
The last difficulty is definitely harder than the others (relatively, that is).

EDIT: And with the current balance it is doable with all classes, so the balance is quite good.
Last edited by Vandro on Jul 4, 2011, 6:14:01 PM
"
Covert wrote:
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:

Only the first two acts are currently in game. But it has been stated that this game will be soloable, that said group play is encouraged.

Cheers mate...

I will definitely be playing with groups. But like all new games, i would rather play through it solo first.
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
"
purepower wrote:

Only in towns. All instances are private, but shared with your party members. So you will never run into non-party members outside of town.

Cut throat leagues will be the opposite, all instances will be public (with full PvP enabled).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info