Thanks, the potential was there...but...

"
torturo wrote:

(..)
It could be, an artificial way to prolong game life, combined with an attempt to keep the players interested in game and thus more likely to support.
(..)

ofc it is. just like 'crafting'. any deterministic model removes the 'longevity' from the picture

this is very consistent except for very lax policy on rmt - that is lots of words, no bans - and rmt is direct shortcut for this kind of longevity
"
TugBot wrote:

Played for 4 hours tonight, found a few rares

Even without any magicfind and being highly overlevelled (lowering the drop even further):

Every docks/piety run and every lowlevel map provides 2-3 full inventories of rares, 6s or chromatic items.
Combined with the high amount of low currency and the occasional drop of fusing/chaos/alchemy/regret, you can get quite an amount of currency just by vendoring.

Each run/map takes ~15 minutes, so in 4 hours this should really sum up.

We must be playing a different game... ;)

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Even without any magicfind and being highly overlevelled (lowering the drop even further):

Every docks/piety run and every lowlevel map provides 2-3 full inventories of rares, 6s or chromatic items.

No.

This isn't the case, without any MF, you get on average much less than 2 full inventories of rares
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Peterlerock wrote:

He's complaining about the lack of (directly useful) drops, not about the ability to grind currency and go shopping.

The game is not rewarding as a loot finder. The mechanic that works is to chinese farm currency and go buy upgrades. For some players this play-style is emotionally the same as finding the upgrade yourself, for others its an bastardization of ARPGs.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:

He's complaining about the lack of (directly useful) drops, not about the ability to grind currency and go shopping.

The game is not rewarding as a loot finder. The mechanic that works is to chinese farm currency and go buy upgrades. For some players this play-style is emotionally the same as finding the upgrade yourself, for others its an bastardization of ARPGs.

I have no idea what are you talking about but I am literally playing D2 right now and 100% of my gear is not found myself (got for free in free loot rooms or following bots in baal leeching runs).

There isn't a drop system that always give you an "upgrade" after x amount of kills/hour or upgrades without directly biasing RNG towards the player or designed for the player to just get through the game without the gear actually being important.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Feb 5, 2014, 8:47:42 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
I have no idea what are you talking about but I am literally playing D2 right now and 100% of my gear is not found myself (got for free in free loot rooms or following bots in baal leeching runs).

That's your chosen play-style. If you like to cheat, then cheat.

I had fun playing D2 (offline), even when just doing Mephisto runs, because there was always something interesting to find - a unique, a set piece, etc..

Maybe this will change in a few years, when more items will be added, but currently PoE is just vendor trash runs, that gets transformed into fuses or chaos recipe.

And its not just about upgrades for your current char, but about items for reroling. A skill system that allows hundreds of builds, but a build needs months to complete? Nice design...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Feb 5, 2014, 8:53:28 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

That's your chosen play-style. If you like to cheat, then cheat.

I had fun playing D2 (offline), even when just doing Mephisto runs, because there was always something interesting to find - a unique, a set piece, etc..

Maybe this will change in a few years, when more items will be added, but currently PoE is just vendor trash runs, that gets transformed into fuses or chaos recipe.

You can do the exact same shit in PoE and find something "interesting." The power of most of the shit you find would be the exactly the same shit in D2.

I'm just being fair here, you guys have this hard on for D2 that this was this magical game were you found everything you wanted with enough time offline or online. When in reality I clear a map and get like 3 shit unique and vendor trash, in D2 you do the exact same shit but you get gold that you use to gamble with (orbs in PoE)
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Feb 5, 2014, 8:54:13 AM
It would be nice if PoE had something like Runes or Jewels to find.

I have to agree that there isn't a lot of interesting stuff to find besides uniques/orbs.
Standard Forever
"
Fruz wrote:
"

No.

This isn't the case, without any MF, you get on average much less than 2 full inventories of rares

Truly isn't, last night I ran docks three times to gain a level so I can use some gear and I got one rare helm for all three - and that one was from a rogue exile.

And the helm sucked :)

EDIT:
Probably nobody would have guessed if I didn't say it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 5, 2014, 9:24:14 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
It would be nice if PoE had something like Runes or Jewels to find.

I have to agree that there isn't a lot of interesting stuff to find besides uniques/orbs.

Are runes/gems not crafting materials as well?

So it would be nice to have crafting materials and items drop, not just crafting materials and items? ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info