Thanks, the potential was there...but...

I enjoyed this game for the few weeks I played, but find it a worse grind than D2 ever was, I am not finding gear.

Played for 4 hours tonight, found a few rares, most blue,rare and purple monsters drop NOTHING!!

Do epics exist? I have been chugging along enjoying the game somewhat, but this finding no loot thing has finally got me, as the whole purpose is to find loot, whether you are max lvl or lvl 1.

I had to go back to D3 and see what an item looks like when it drops!!!

Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game will die a horrible death soon if nothing changes, and with RoS around the corner, it will be sooner than expected I guess. Which is a little sad, because this game is very well made except for loot that never drops.

Cheers
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You'll complain about drop rates no matter what you play. Because what "good" items are is defined by their rarity, you'll never find 'good' items at a rate you want to. It has nothing to do with the game. You'll go on complaining game after game until you realize that.
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

bad assumption for a f2p game.
What's the difference between the F2P and P2P models, in terms of drops ?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You'll complain about drop rates no matter what you play. Because what "good" items are is defined by their rarity, you'll never find 'good' items at a rate you want to. It has nothing to do with the game. You'll go on complaining game after game until you realize that.

Your post really don't help honestly.

Not a single post of yours is helpful towards a common user who has problems with the game.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
TugBot wrote:

This game will die a horrible death soon if nothing changes, and with RoS around the corner, it will be sooner than expected I guess. Which is a little sad, because this game is very well made except for loot that never drops.

ya, PoE is gonna die very soon, we got that.

:/
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"

My guess would be this is an allusion to the 'gambling urge' and 'compulsion to keep playing' that a F2P ARPG must engender in its players to ensure they keep playing, and thus potentially keep supporting. A P2P or B2P ARPG, or indeed any game, can get away with being far more 'rewarding' and generous because, hey, the devs have your money either way. You can stop playing tomorrow because you have all the drops in the world and are dead bored, and they'll still have your money.

Not saying I agree, but I suppose that is the difference.

It could be, an artificial way to prolong game life, combined with an attempt to keep the players interested in game and thus more likely to support.

But, IMO, I don't really think it's the right tactic.

Some players may stay for years and spend nothing. Others may support immediately. When this game was recommended to me and I played 1-2h, I supported it with a small fee, as I appreciate people's work and efforts. But I also know guys that play over an year and payed nothing, which I don't blame them for, it's a personal choice.

So, when it's all about the psychology of the separate individual, isn't it easier to make it fun and relatively rewarding, IMO this will keep players more stuck in, than the artificial difficulties and constant punishment. You can see people leaving in frustration quite often. That's not good for the game.

One of the rules for a successful game model, is to let people have fun the way they want, whenever they want. A chain of small victories, earned with sweat, will keep players interested for a longer period, than slapping their necks, or punishing with whatever unfair treatment. Such as poor loot, or rng based progression.

My opinion is that ggg have to improve themselves, or they'll have problems. If they don't experience such even in this very moment...

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Feb 5, 2014, 7:34:22 AM
Blame item rarity mod. Stack up or find bugger all =)
"
TugBot wrote:

Rofl
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
"
TugBot wrote:

There’s your false assumption (don't worry, I thought the same a while back). Auction House 3 and Path of Trade are new types of ARPGs, that don't fall into loot finding games, but loot trading games (or deal finding, if you prefer).

Saying that a F2P game needs shitty looting experience to survive, is the same as saying: this game has nothing else to offer, but an illusion of reward. We know this is false, as PoE has many things to offer besides an endless chase for a remote carrot (which is not even a carrot, but just a photograph of a carrot). But does GGG know that?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Feb 5, 2014, 8:23:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info