Summon Raging Spirit

"
Azial wrote:
Why should Fire Dmg not work, it contains "Fire,Spell etc" ?
Because the damage spirits do is not the damage you do.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Mar 23, 2014, 12:07:05 AM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
Do "totem damage" nodes increase SRS damage if they are linked to a spell totem?

Edit: do fire and elemental damage nodes work?
yes, but spell totem has a damage penalty.
No.

I could have sworn I read a Mark post somewhere explaining that totem damage nodes do not effect minions cast.
"
Smodab wrote:

I could have sworn I read a Mark post somewhere explaining that totem damage nodes do not effect minions cast.
well the built in "less damage" DOES apply at any rate =/ thats what really matters anyways as the only totem passives are life, defense, and totem specific speed, then a piddly few damage. so yeah i said that wrong but close enough.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Mar 25, 2014, 3:15:38 AM
'Increased Totem Damage' doesn't apply because the Minions don't deal Totem Damage (and they don't have your Passives anyways sooo).
'Less Damage' does apply because the Minions do deal Damage, and it's part of the Skill used to Summon them.
I tried to build a character with SRS as his principal skill, i've used at a time claw with "+2 hp when i hit with my attack" and at this time the raging spirit gained +1 hp when they hit with their attack. I tried with 2 claw +8 life on hit (not the support gems) later and my raging spirit had life on hit to 6.

So if this is working with this item mod. would it be working with other "global" bonus ? Like the bonus from 2 dagger +40% global critical strike chance or something like that ?
Since RS said its spell..i was wondering if someone can confirm me if Heartbreaker dagger triggers it for culling strike.
Last edited by wasteno404 on Apr 9, 2014, 8:20:33 AM
The Spell that creates the Raging Spirit (and does not Hit anything) will have Culling Strike.
Pretty pointless.
"
The Spell that creates the Raging Spirit (and does not Hit anything) will have Culling Strike.
Pretty pointless.

but was that a yes or no tho lol
I figured "pretty pointless" would've made it obvious enough.

There is nothing to Cull, because the SRS Spell doesn't target a monster. The Minion does Hit stuff just fine, but the Minion is not a Spell - it's a Minion, using Attacks.
I was trying to make a build for this skill, and the damage seems fine, considering you also gonna have spectres and zombies. Spectres for damage, zombies mostly for tanking.

http://poeurl.com/yMoI2wn

Numbers just for SRS + Melee Splash + Melee Physical Damage + Increased Duration. On 5-6L you can significantly increase the damage by using Faster Attacks and Melee Damage on Full Life.

293-438 base damage (365.5 average), 1.63 APS

+20% attack speed of minions
+105% damage of minions
+57% damage from Melee Splash
x0.69 damage from Melee Splash
x1.49 damage from Melee Physical Damage

DPS = (365.5 * (1.05 + 0.57 + 1) * 0.69 * 1.49) * (1.63 * 1.2) ~ 1925

That's just one skull. Base duration is 3.5 (but it takes 0.5 sec to "charge up"), Increased Duration gem increases it up to 5.74, or ~5.2 without the "charge up" time. Just from the passives on the tree (12% increased cast speed), you can summon 1.4 skulls/second, that's ~7 active skulls at a time, or about 14k DPS.

On items you could have +cast speed (22% just from the wand, up to 27% from rings and amulet), or minion damage. Minion Movement Speed should also be pretty important. Also Flesh Offering.

So instead of just standing there after using a curse, waiting for things to die, summoner can deal additional damage that scales up with the minion passives.

At first I thought this skill was pretty bad, but it looks okay, at least on paper.
Last edited by dspair on Apr 23, 2014, 3:25:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info