Summon Raging Spirit

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.

Values for the Raging Spirit minion damage can be found here, until we're able to implement them as part of the skill description.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Mar 20, 2014, 12:29:23 AM
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2024, 6:05:50 AM
Do the summoner passives for increased minion damage apply? Or is it just spell damage?
IGN: Narbays
Minion passives apply.
Passives that affect your damage never apply to minions.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
Are these minions doing physical or fire damage? Seems like the enemies get igntied sometimes.
50% of their physical damage is converted into Fire Damage, similar to the bonus on Infernal Blow.
Balance & Design
Can we get more information about ANYTHING about this skill?

This is the only skill I've ever seen level up and LITERALLY NOTHING in the skill info, including Mana cost, changes.

It's beyond ridiculous.

How many hit points? How much fire damage? How much physical damage? How fast do they go? What increases when it goes from level 15 to level 16 (16 mana each for those levels)? Why is level 17 better than level 1? Is it worth the mana cost to go up a level?

Who knows!?
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Feb 4, 2014, 7:36:31 PM
It's a Minion; it works like any other Minion. Higher level Minions can take more hits and deal more Damage. The way their Damage is determined is based on the area you're in, so it cannot be shown in the tooltip.

I don't see why it's such a massive fucking problem for Raging Spirit, whereas everyone just kinda accepts it for Skeletons and Zombies because they have exactly one more stat than Raging Spirits, and that's their Life total.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
I don't see why it's such a massive fucking problem for Raging Spirit, whereas everyone just kinda accepts it for Skeletons and Zombies because they have exactly one more stat than Raging Spirits, and that's their Life total.

Learn to only speak for yourself.

A lot of people are NOT ok with the current state of the mininon info and are constantly pestering GGG at every possible opportunity to release at least some bits and peces info on minion stats. Some bits of the most important info like mininon resists has only been acquired by the community due to massiveconstant pressure on the devs.

Your failure to see or understand this common complaint is only yours, so don't you dare to speak as if on behalf of others. Also, just because people still opt to use these skills despite lack of info doesn't mean they are ok with the skills' current state.

Also, whay can't even the most basic info be provided like it's done with Summon Spectre, which is actually quite forthcoming with stat info!

I, for myself, only use the Raging Skull skill atm because it conveniently took the place of my only spare slot for targeted attack skill on my new summoner that I've been currently leveling. Since that skill's DPS is not important compared to my mininons, I can afford to use Raging Skull in its place.

Otherwise I'd just stick it elsewhere to level and not use it while waiting for some brave fools to spend their time determining its actual potential.

P.S.: At least now I know the skull deals 50% converted fire damage. Why this very basic info couldn't be included in the skill desription (or DPS tooltip info) is beyond me really.
Since the spirits have no life, does that mean that they would always have full life and in turn would work with Melee Damage on Full Life? Do the DOT passives (e.g. Holy Fire) work in conjunction with this skill (probably not)?
"
Tertium_Quid wrote:
Since the spirits have no life, does that mean that they would always have full life and in turn would work with Melee Damage on Full Life? Do the DOT passives (e.g. Holy Fire) work in conjunction with this skill (probably not)?

Raging skulls DO have life! If you turn on ally life bars and (optionally) submit your skulls to some form of enemy aoe damae, you'll clearly see the have life and can in fact be (indirectly) damaged and destroyed my enemy attacks. Treat them as moving traps/mines in this regard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info