1.0.6b Patch Notes

"
Kiffenn wrote:

You realise summoning is designed based on the fact you can snapshot right?

Sooo...I suppose that I am the most pro gamer in the world, since I have done up to 74 maps with most any combination of mods, without many issues, on a level 84 summoner, and have never once used the snapshot mechanic. When I made her, I was too poor for even a Tabula Rasa, so I just figured I'd play without it. Never even used a Chober or Sid. Funny...it works just fine. Go to Lunaris 2, raise BMs, walk around maps, stuff dies...no snapshotting involved. Insane isn't it?
Last edited by Gallowmere1984 on Feb 3, 2014, 9:48:22 PM
"
gr00grams wrote:
"
Kiffenn wrote:

You realize, that you're probably wrong here right?
It's an unintended mechanic, an oversight, that benefits summoners most would be more accurate.

'Snapshot' wasn't even a term until the Kripp guy coined it in his video, where he also called them all exploits, and two of the three 'snapshot' exploits have thus far been fixed... right?

You think they design an incredibly powerful item, with a powerful penalty as balance, like Mont'regul so that snapshot can completely negate that malus? ... right?

ZiggyD invented snapshotting.
Since desecrate caps out at level 68, it will never produce level appropriate corpses in high level maps. Its a nerf.
It would be nice if the cap was removed with a level 20 gem. Or at least have the level progression of desecrate continue beyond gem level 20 so empower and +skill items would boost it.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Feb 3, 2014, 10:00:11 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:
Since desecrate caps out at level 68, it will never produce level appropriate corpses in high level maps. Its a nerf.
It would be nice if the cap was removed with a level 20 gem.

If it were removed at level 20, what would be the point in taking the gem past level 20 (with +1 to all gems gear or Empower?)
"
s010910 wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:

If it were removed at level 20, what would be the point in taking the gem past level 20 (with +1 to all gems gear or Empower?)

Currently taking it beyond skill level 20 doesnt increase its required level beyond 68. See?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Desecrate
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Feb 3, 2014, 10:04:07 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
s010910 wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:

Currently taking it beyond skill level 20 doesnt increase its required level beyond 68. See?

See what?
"
D33p wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
s010910 wrote:

See what?

See that desecrate will NEVER create a corpse higher than level 68.
"
gr00grams wrote:
"
Kiffenn wrote:

You realize, that you're probably wrong here right?
It's an unintended mechanic, an oversight, that benefits summoners most would be more accurate.

'Snapshot' wasn't even a term until the Kripp guy coined it in his video, where he also called them all exploits, and two of the three 'snapshot' exploits have thus far been fixed... right?

You think they design an incredibly powerful item, with a powerful penalty as balance, like Mont'regul so that snapshot can completely negate that malus? ... right?

If you're saying devs are incompetent when it comes to balancing and designing summoners: I agree. The desecrate change highlights that full well.
"
"
Kiffenn wrote:

Sooo...I suppose that I am the most pro gamer in the world, since I have done up to 74 maps with most any combination of mods, without many issues, on a level 84 summoner, and have never once used the snapshot mechanic. When I made her, I was too poor for even a Tabula Rasa, so I just figured I'd play without it. Never even used a Chober or Sid. Funny...it works just fine. Go to Lunaris 2, raise BMs, walk around maps, stuff dies...no snapshotting involved. Insane isn't it?

Just a friendly tip for you so you don't emberass yourself again.

Don't brag about level 74 maps.
"
SkyCore wrote:

See that desecrate will NEVER create a corpse higher than level 68.

Says who?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info