1.0.6b Patch Notes

"
Mythos42 wrote:
> Fixed a bug where corpses created by Desecrate weren't limited by the level requirement of the gem.

I was just starting to really enjoy my summoner too.

lmao, I know right.

This change is bogus IMO, if it effected corpse explosion so much why not just fix that? This just brings us back to the archaic method of minion hunting.
"
Not sure what they did to desecrate but there isn't any tool tip update.

From what Qarl wrote in both his comment and the patch notes, the specters you create from Desecrate corpses can't exceed the level of the current gem's level requirement. So if it is at level 15, your specters will be level 58. (Desecrate's progression)

At least that is how I read it.
Yeah, i'm also extremelly disapointed.

They usually deal with balace, but if this has to do with balance, GGG is killing a fly with a nuke.

It feels to me this is a Quality of Life Nerf.

Guess my DD build project is Terminated.
"
KlaatuZu wrote:

They usually deal with balance, but if this has to do with balance, GGG is killing a fly with a nuke.

Well said, exactly my sentiments as well.
"
"
KlaatuZu wrote:

They usually deal with balance, but if this has to do with balance, GGG is killing a fly with a nuke.

I think everyone is really blowing this out of proportion.

Either way, the gem has a max minion level of 68. With, or without this patch. All this corrects is being able to get those 68 minions early, or without leveling the gem.

The sky is not falling.

That said, it would be really cool if specters just leveled up, or down, to match the area the player is in. This would break absolutely nothing, would let players use the specters they like most, instead of those with highest level, and just be a major quality of life improvement.

I like Tentacle Miscreations. This means if I'm just farming, I have to run Dominus a few times right off the bat, because in phase 2 he summons the highest level versions. The ones from Lunaris are not equal level. It can take several runs before some appear.
"
Mivo wrote:
"
Stop snapshotting?

Ironically, being able to grab corpses so quickly and without hassle was the reason why I didn't feel I needed to snapshot for most of the content I do currently. Wasn't an inconvenience if a specter bit the dust.

Now I will "need" to snapshot. By the time they fix snapshotting (which should have been the priority), the gem will be 20. (Well, actually, I don't play enough, so maybe next season.)

I can see your point, to an extent. I just have a hard time feeling sympathy for people who are complaining that a bug fix makes it harder for them to use a mechanic that is widely known to be disliked by some of the devs to the degree that they're almost willing to remove it and say "to hell with the consequences". At least, that's the impression that I got regarding some posts from GGG on the matter.
"
gr00grams wrote:
"
"
KlaatuZu wrote:

I think everyone is really blowing this out of proportion.

Either way, the gem has a max minion level of 68. With, or without this patch. All this corrects is being able to get those 68 minions early, or without leveling the gem.

The sky is not falling.

We aren't blowing it out of proportion. No one is saying that summoners are dead now or anything of the sort (or at least they shouldn't be). We're simply a bit disappointed that a gem that added a bit of quality of life to getting zombies and specters is now sort of useless until extremely late game.
Deleted
Last edited by SwiftD7 on Feb 3, 2014, 9:04:52 PM
"
SwiftD7 wrote:
Why not just base what level summons consist of on player level?

The argument for running twinks through the game with higher level minions is inconsistent at best because that already happens.
So now I have to level the gem to 19 to summon corpses in a zone I out-level by 20+ levels?

Bravo GGG, way to rally think that one through.

I know... maybe GGG thought the gem was "too confusing" so they nerfed it. You know, the same way as having Item Level displayed on an item would be too confusing (ignoring the fact it's been a feature in games for the past 10 years).
Last edited by DirePenguin on Feb 3, 2014, 9:08:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info