Fyndel's CI SPLIT ARROW CRIT VAAL PACT GUIDE [1.1.0] 80k SA(with chain),420k Frenzy [Endgame build]

"
Defile8080 wrote:
So it seems this build is royally screwed - thanks to not life leech nerfs but MANA LEECH being fucked.

Fyndel have you had time to test anything yet? Seems to me completely unviable.

... oh ffs. Mana use was hard enough to pull of already -.-
how do the changes affect mana leech ? can someone explain it to me please ?

thought leech nerf only affects life leech

edit: okay someone explained this to me

"
"The changes to leech apply to Mana Leech as well. Can be seen very easily on testing with any character.

Essentially, Example:
Your AoE skill (e.g. Groundslam) hits 3 mobs (assume you did 1000 damage and have 10% life leech, 2% Mana Leech). For each mob hit you leech 100 Life and 20 Mana.

Previously, the leech for the 3 mobs would queue behind each other giving you total 300 life and 60 Mana (over how long depends on your max life/mana pool affecting your max leech rate).

Now you leech for 100 Life and 20 Mana, the leech from the other 2 mobs hit simultaneously is disregarded and lost.

If you nerf Life Leech, people lose some effective-Life-over-time, makes them less tanky, but this doesn't outright "break" a build, and can be made up relatively appropriately and intuitively with more leech/bigger single hit/more life/more regen.

With Mana leech, you now still have to spec heavily into Mana regen and probably still have to use Mana pots (which I do not like at all), and unlike life it can "outright break" a build because you can't even attack reliably at all (again affecting whatever you leech further). "

BUT if you do 10k dps (without hatred) and leech mana with 2% for example you leech 200 mana. or am i calculating something wrong here ? (10000*0,02 = 200)

shouldnt that be enough ? or does vaal pact also reduce mana leech by 60% ?
Last edited by dan166 on Mar 6, 2014, 9:33:07 AM
"
Defile8080 wrote:
So it seems this build is royally screwed - thanks to not life leech nerfs but MANA LEECH being fucked.

Fyndel have you had time to test anything yet? Seems to me completely unviable.

I play the Witch version of this spec and mana is not an issue with no Mind Drinker, 2% mana leech on quiver, and Auxium. What is an issue though is physical reflect maps...
°just as little update i am playing the Invasion league a bit atm , but from what i heard the build i kinda screwd the mana leech is way to less sometimes and life leech is even worse°
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
°just as little update i am playing the Invasion league a bit atm , but from what i heard the build i kinda screwd the mana leech is way to less sometimes and life leech is even worse°

so this post is only based on what you have heard from other people?

whats your true opinion ?
I am still playing this build in standard, and mana leech is not an issue - I do use auxium, couple mana flasks, and have 2% mana leech on the tree however. Also, I chose to forgo Vaal pact to get some more ES/DPS nodes. My split arrow is at 41k dps w/ chain.

For reflect, I have this setup on my weapon swap and it works like a charm:

I use Lightning arrow + life leech + LMP + weapon ele dmg (didnt get the right colored socket for this)

Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

Last edited by jtrand on Mar 7, 2014, 6:00:15 PM
jtrand, can you post your passive tree?
Passive skill tree build

Next few levels, I'm going to just focus on energy shield nodes.
Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

made a new version of the Evasion based one i think the unwavering + iron reflex one is not playable anymore WAY to many points required:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEFtQzyDkgQexEvEZYV1xXwGYYZihnVGo8hdiSdJP0qOCpNKwosvy0fLYMvbzB8MfoyCTMMOdQ74T7PPydHBkrITLNQMFFHVi1WY19qYlpjQ2xGbRluqm_ycFJwu3Jsdvd31311fyt_xoauhs6Ia4t6jb-VBZcGmZqbtZ2jnyegn6EioaSiQKKjpcunK6fUqW6sR6x_r-uxMLTFtfK297vjvea-OsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDOsNtxKLKSsqpzerTftUA1orXhtkT2xrcFeHb4vfjhOdU6xTrLOtj7Bjy4fPq9Pj1S_ba-WP7Cfyr_rr-yP_e gonna update the guide as soon as i got time , need to fix the life leech mana leech section now we need WAY more leech , and get alot of mana+manaregen nodes on the tree.
Every Class 100
Last edited by Fyndel on Mar 8, 2014, 9:38:10 AM
updated guide ask me something if you need help.
Every Class 100

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info