HowlingSlayer's Raging Army Scion // Cast on Crit Raging Spirits ~ Hardcore viable!

"
Sciontology wrote:
Rushing a tree here, going CI will lend you a healthy amount of ES with more Crit Chance

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABOygDlm49YEODCUZx4YgdqrQMNAo3Ziympus3g1fJAW88joRI6roo-uvuuJOnCI9GgUmyOGZPHRT60hcvZOdV1obRJLBmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxMAaWfOYb5J95c-TJxzcf8bBxSy_hq4V19eGVmPsGMNtEZZwu9kTL2-do_yrv5fJPWo_U7iFVYnTKgvQ0Juh99fMvBCXRASFYKrEgsfT-xNsBklqrA5I44TAUXDVcFLz6ohrtveZmutjES-ApNkLKpj6gNrdflmIQpAbcFaaE9vU8h5W6gV90DkX2J2uGmymrIhAkDM=

edit: I know a 115 point build is not viable, it's just a comparison with the life one

You picked a lot of really shitty nodes.
All those 15% crit chance nodes aren't worth it at all.
But I'll try making an ES version of the build. I just think it isn't worth it, since you have to take even more care with being stunned and frozen and all that.
I did not pick "a lot of really shitty nodes", I tried to increase crit chance to the max. Strength is not that useful for a CI char, those 8 15% crit nodes result in the same 120% crit chance that you got going all the way down stacking strength, saving 3 points that could get me more value elsewhere. Also, it's a 115 point build, cut the "shitty nodes" and you get what I would build.

But other poster was right, 45% skill duration is more important than I thought.
"
Sciontology wrote:
I did not pick "a lot of really shitty nodes", I tried to increase crit chance to the max. Strength is not that useful for a CI char, those 8 15% crit nodes result in the same 120% crit chance that you got going all the way down stacking strength, saving 3 points that could get me more value elsewhere. Also, it's a 115 point build, cut the "shitty nodes" and you get what I would build.

But other poster was right, 45% skill duration is more important than I thought.

Meh, it wasn'st just crit. There's extra HP in the mix because of strength and the 1-hand melee nodes.
Guys, the last video of this build is coming out soon, I'll have it subtitled in English for you guys. I thought about doing it speaking in English, but I wasn't sure if it would work, so I'll just add the subtitles.
Hoowl, what is your current gear you are using?
Also how viable this build would be in end game scenarios?
Minions don't proc EE. You can use EE and only need to hit enemies once to get the -50% and your minions wont proc EE at all so no worries about that.
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
Any updates on this build? Seems like a fun concept for the new league, but not if it turns out to be completely unable to map!
Last edited by malebranche on Feb 19, 2014, 3:58:38 PM
raging spirits seem very bad in endgame. Would love to see some footage of 70+ maps or at least merciless dominus run.
"
nightblade157 wrote:
raging spirits seem very bad in endgame. Would love to see some footage of 70+ maps or at least merciless dominus run.

I don't have footage, but I can tell you about my Raging Spirit experience.
I leveled to 70 with self casted Spirits and Searing Touch. I killed Dominus on level 64 and did maps since level 63. My self cast setup was horrible, because my tree was prepared to go for Coc on 70.
Unfortunalety I first tried to do this with Quill Rain and Thief's Torment, but now I am waiting for the free respec/viability for other classes to go for ST and Thief's Torment. But still, my killspeed was very high in 66-68 maps. I guess it'll be way better with ST.
So go for it and have fun with them. :)

@OP
Your setup seems to look ok too, but just too give you some input:
I think the crit notes down in Maraudertown are too expensive and more important not necessary.
Duration notes, inc. Duration gem and that much crit sounds like the cap will be hit quite fast. So I think a player has to make his own adjustments, depending on the gear, and leave out some of these notes. Since the crit notes I mentioned earlier are very cost ineffectiv, I would not pick them.
Thief's Torment is great for this build imho. It helps managing mana and it offers a great source of healing.
For gems I'll go for Pcoc in my 5th. slot. I don't value support gems that high with the Spirits (they are of course great, but not as good as saving a lot of skill points; a Voll's Protector is a bad option too, imo).
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Feb 22, 2014, 7:58:03 AM
"
Caliginosus wrote:
"
nightblade157 wrote:

I don't have footage, but I can tell you about my Raging Spirit experience.
I leveled to 70 with self casted Spirits and Searing Touch. I killed Dominus on level 64 and did maps since level 63. My self cast setup was horrible, because my tree was prepared to go for Coc on 70.
Unfortunalety I first tried to do this with Quill Rain and Thief's Torment, but now I am waiting for the free respec to go for ST and Thief's Torment. But still, my killspeed was very high in 66-68 maps. I guess it'll be way better with ST.
So go for it and have fun with them. :)

Can u post ur gear/links? I was levlling a raging spirit build but stopped midway after their dmg seemed bad on my summoner.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info