HowlingSlayer's Raging Army Scion // Cast on Crit Raging Spirits ~ Hardcore viable!

"
Artanthos wrote:
"
nightblade157 wrote:
I have tested a few things with raging spirits:

1. Tested with anger+wrath auras and the dps is awesome. Might be ur testing with low lvl auras so not noticing difference. My auras are lvl 18 and with 70% aura effectiveness. Also tried hatred but it doesn't seem to make much difference in dmg (maybe their physical damage will scale with gem lvl).

With a level 1 gem, physical damage is very small. Not much there for Hatred to scale off of.

"
2. Tested with lvl 1 gem on merciless ledge/flats on my summoner (with around 180% minion dmg and 70% aura effectiveness) with anger + wrath. Spirits are dying pretty fast but they are killing everything in few hits. And the skele archers in merciless ledge ARE one-shotting them, but maybe this improves with gem level. SRS gem was linked only to faster casting for testing. On cruel ledge, lvl 1 spirits are 1-shotting everything.

With a level 1 gem, nearly all of your damage is coming from Anger/Wrath. Level 1 spirits have very low hp for this level of play, it scales as gems level.

"
3. Tested with lvl 1 gem on non-summoner but with 70% aura effectiveness, running anger + wrath + haste. Almost same dps as summoner, so I'd say skip all minion dmg nodes.

Again, you're testing a low level gem against high level content. Base skull damage is negligible compared to Anger/Wrath.

"
3. Additional accuracy works wonders and without it they miss too often. Tested with SRS + additional accuracy + multistrike + faster attacks + added lightning dmg + blood magic. They are doing crazy dmg, but I guess we cant have this setup for CoC build :) Additional accuracy seems essential though, coz otherwise they miss too much. ST + GMP + CoC + SRS + additional accuracy + faster attacks should be good.

Accuracy is not an issue when using skulls of a level appropriate to the content.

"
4. levelled up the gem to 10, but didn't notice much difference in dps.

Turn the auras off and test the skulls in Act I Cruel (appropriate content for a gem of that level).

"
5. Burning miscreations kill them before they can attack, and ranged attacks (archers, voidbearers, etc are insta-gibbing them - lvl 10 gem) . While having large no. of spirits might overwhelm ranged monsters, dunno how to deal with the BMs.
Low level skulls = low hp. Appropriately leveled for the content, BM's do not instantly kill them.

Like Artanthos said, low level gems don't work. Being a Discharge, a Fireball or Summon Raging Spirit.

I don't think damage auras are a good idea, my skulls are rolling over all mobs, being them titty bitches or not. When you have 50 of them out, it doesn't matter, they always run over them. And I'm missing defenses in MYSELF, being on merciless act 3 at the moment, I find myself dying to piercing projectiles and fireballs that hit everything, including me, so defensive auras are advised.

...I still think multistrike is better than faster attacks... Why do you guys pick faster attacks?
IIRC hatred won't work with raging skulls because it is weapon damage added as cold, whereas the skulls have no weapon.

Also, something to consider is a spell totem with desecrate/flesh offering for more attack speed on the skulls.

With regards to the skill tree, you can also save a few points with this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YFfQZJCGcQlxGWE2wXLxg8GLAZhRpsHNwdqiSqJpUnTyj6KpgtRy9vMgk1kjbpOyg_m0GHQapEBESBRnFI50rIUEJVS1XGVdZW6lnzYENk52ZPZp5qrGxGbXtuPW6qcFZwu3Jscql-WX_GgKSBSYLHgwmFYIhAiEKI8Yw2j0aQG5Azkn2TJ5M6mG-aE5uhnaOdrqaspwipbqrErFmsqrI4tAy1SLXytz64k70nv5fAGsHFyT3MvM9l0NDT-9kL2RPa3dvU3CPhiONq5c_nY-vu8YryHvcy99f46_no-oD60vyr_go=
Last edited by RumStein on Feb 5, 2014, 2:05:12 AM
Hatred adds physical dmg as cold, not weapon dmg. It works with unarmed attacks (facebreaker build), ethereal knives and minions. Anything that adds physical dmg.

About the gem lvl, gonna make a character from scratch and level up the gem as i go. For now, the elemental auras seem too good to skip, since I was clearing merciless content with only 5-10 spirits :) I might just go for a 5 aura build (wrath, anger, grace, determination, purity) with alphas and use a thiefs torment ring to negate the mana cost of 6L without having to use BM gem. Their physical dmg seems pretty low in the videos, and even with 50 spirits it takes quite some time to kill rares nd bosses.
"
nightblade157 wrote:
Hatred adds physical dmg as cold, not weapon dmg. It works with unarmed attacks (facebreaker build), ethereal knives and minions. Anything that adds physical dmg.

About the gem lvl, gonna make a character from scratch and level up the gem as i go. For now, the elemental auras seem too good to skip, since I was clearing merciless content with only 5-10 spirits :) I might just go for a 5 aura build (wrath, anger, grace, determination, purity) with alphas and use a thiefs torment ring to negate the mana cost of 6L without having to use BM gem. Their physical dmg seems pretty low in the videos, and even with 50 spirits it takes quite some time to kill rares nd bosses.

It's like the monster are having a huge burn on them, their HP bar keep going down very fast ~by itself~.

"
IIRC hatred won't work with raging skulls because it is weapon damage added as cold, whereas the skulls have no weapon.

Also, something to consider is a spell totem with desecrate/flesh offering for more attack speed on the skulls.

With regards to the skill tree, you can also save a few points with this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YFfQZJCGcQlxGWE2wXLxg8GLAZhRpsHNwdqiSqJpUnTyj6KpgtRy9vMgk1kjbpOyg_m0GHQapEBESBRnFI50rIUEJVS1XGVdZW6lnzYENk52ZPZp5qrGxGbXtuPW6qcFZwu3Jscql-WX_GgKSBSYLHgwmFYIhAiEKI8Yw2j0aQG5Azkn2TJ5M6mG-aE5uhnaOdrqaspwipbqrErFmsqrI4tAy1SLXytz64k70nv5fAGsHFyT3MvM9l0NDT-9kL2RPa3dvU3CPhiONq5c_nY-vu8YryHvcy99f46_no-oD60vyr_go=

Omg I'm stupid, I didn't see that way to get some extra points. Thanks, i'll do that once I get up there.
anyway keep up the good work. And upload some new videos of late merciless content when possible. I have started a CoC build which will prolly use raging spirits in the end :)
"
nightblade157 wrote:
anyway keep up the good work. And upload some new videos of late merciless content when possible. I have started a CoC build which will prolly use raging spirits in the end :)

I'm 59 and my next video will be level 64, when I can use my GG dagger and my alpha's howl. But I'm extremelly sick so it's going to take a while, probably only next week. X_X
I just updated the build again, this time a big update. I completely changed the skill tree concept. Doing that I saved some points that went into more useful places. Sooner or later the version in Portuguese will be coming out, too. I'm too sick to play, so I'm just here typing up the build. X_X
I would love to see videos because I'm interested in coc raging spirit!
Rushing a tree here, going CI will lend you a healthy amount of ES with more Crit Chance

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABOygDlm49YEODCUZx4YgdqrQMNAo3Ziympus3g1fJAW88joRI6roo-uvuuJOnCI9GgUmyOGZPHRT60hcvZOdV1obRJLBmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxMAaWfOYb5J95c-TJxzcf8bBxSy_hq4V19eGVmPsGMNtEZZwu9kTL2-do_yrv5fJPWo_U7iFVYnTKgvQ0Juh99fMvBCXRASFYKrEgsfT-xNsBklqrA5I44TAUXDVcFLz6ohrtveZmutjES-ApNkLKpj6gNrdflmIQpAbcFaaE9vU8h5W6gV90DkX2J2uGmymrIhAkDM=

edit: I know a 115 point build is not viable, it's just a comparison with the life one
Last edited by Sciontology on Feb 6, 2014, 6:42:50 AM
Little downside of this, you are not getting 3x 15% skill duration nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info