[1.2] Whaitiri's HC-viable CI Aegis Incinerator

6L: Incinerate - GMP - Spell Echo - Added Chaos - Faster Projectiles - Faster Casting

so omit FC if you have a 5L ?

Given that FP gives such a high projectile speed one interesting optimization in the tree would be to give up ballistic mastery. that would give back 3 skill points which would be very valuable and could then be used to compensate for not using FC as a gem. And still you would be able to throw incinerate across the screen :-)

p.s. ooh. not looking forward to trying to roll BBBGG on my pure ES chest...
Last edited by plasticeyes on Jul 14, 2014, 7:15:09 PM
Exactly, drop Faster Casting on a 5L. This will also mean less mana/s needed.
BBBGG on a pure ES chest should be really easy, but it's a pain on an Ar/ES base like mine.

Good call about Ballistic Mastery. Will try around a bit, if the points are better spent somewhere else.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
Exactly, drop Faster Casting on a 5L. This will also mean less mana/s needed.
BBBGG on a pure ES chest should be really easy, but it's a pain on an Ar/ES base like mine.

Good call about Ballistic Mastery. Will try around a bit, if the points are better spent somewhere else.

BBBGG took less than a stack of chromes. i hit it, overwrote it and hit on the very next chrome. lol.

i spec'de out of ballistic mastery and it works great for me. i'm still hitting things across the screen.

so here's my very sad story.

my doryani belt needs a _perfect_ strength roll for me to ditch a +30 strength node.

i rolled 12 blessed's on it and got 34 twice... *sigh* i've given up. i'll have to tweak some other gear to get it. even 12 was more than i should have spent.

and because i gave up ballistic, i ran out of dex, that +10 dex node turned out to be key. so i had to take a dex node. aaargh.

i need to rejuggle some gear. if i can get things tweaked i will pick up 2 skill points because i can lose a +30 strength and +30 dex.

the new configuration is working really well otherwise and i haven't even put in AA.
This build looks interesting, would it be possible to run it as life/es hybrid? I feel like getting stunned a lot will be a big pain for playing as incinerate. And if you can sustain mana as CI then it should would as life-based without EB as well right?
That's an interesting approach i haven't really thought about yet, but i can definitely see it working. That way you could use Cybils + Aegis, can probably drop Discipline and run Tempest Shield on top. Please let me know how this works out if you decide to run it.

Stuns never really were a problem, you usually kill before anything can stun you and if not, you get back to max charges almost immediatly with Echo + FC.
EB is not needed to sustain, i'm at ~230 mana/s with the linked gear, an older version of this build even got up to 286 mana/s.
twitch.tv/enki91
Enki, the passives tree for 1.2 was revealed, will you remake the tree for your build too?
"
Ksakep wrote:
Enki, the passives tree for 1.2 was revealed, will you remake the tree for your build too?

Yes, already made a quick draft and must say, the next patch will be a huge buff for this build! :) But on a downside, in the current state it may also break all my other posted builds, so i'll put all focus on this one, and future builds i'm currently crafting.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
"
Ksakep wrote:

Yes, already made a quick draft and must say, the next patch will be a huge buff for this build! :) But on a downside, in the current state it may also break all my other posted builds, so i'll put all focus on this one, and future builds i'm currently crafting.

I'm curious if you will still be able to run high level AA after the patch. Aura effectivenesss nodes got nerfed across the board so clarity gives less mana regen. Although there are some new mana/mana regen nodes which may make up for it.

Though since you have IR + aegis I guess arctic armour is not that essential.
"
hatoblue wrote:
I'm curious if you will still be able to run high level AA after the patch. Aura effectivenesss nodes got nerfed across the board so clarity gives less mana regen. Although there are some new mana/mana regen nodes which may make up for it.

Though since you have IR + aegis I guess arctic armour is not that essential.

Indeed, will have to wait until patch hits for a definitve answer. AA was a kinda recent addition for this build though, i didn't use it back when crafting and leveling the build and it worked just fine.
twitch.tv/enki91
Updated with a temporary tree for 1.2.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info