*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

"
Grindrix wrote:
Interesting to see the build from a scion start.

The big concern is cost here, to truly sustain a higher dps you'll need to switch a lot of gear.

WED is useless.

You'll want to aim for physical damage or IAS on gear. Also strength where you can find it.

Next is the soul taker, my own personal use of the soul taker led to less damage. To really do good dps you'll need to get hold of the carrion bite 548 pdps sword or similar. The sword really makes the build viable.

Would love to get a 550 dps sword against the 300 dps axe. It would increase my dps by about 80% but it is very pricey. I will try to switch WED for physical dmg/IAS to see if it helps, thank you for your suggestion. But I think the damage difference would be marginal, if anything at most 20% and the dps would stay rather low still.
You can always trade a few tank nodes for DPS nodes, and you can also swap to a 6L damage as opposed to Kaom's (if you are using that)... but, that won't be as good as going pure glass cannon :)
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
"
Mortezzah wrote:
You can always trade a few tank nodes for DPS nodes, and you can also swap to a 6L damage as opposed to Kaom's (if you are using that)... but, that won't be as good as going pure glass cannon :)

Yes, I might consider switching to a 6L Belly of the Beast/Carcass Jack and see how it goes. I tested it and my hp plummeted by about 2k if I used 40% Belly of the Beast. Molten strike dps rose from 8.8k > 13k . Trade off does not seem to be effective. HP standing at 6k.
Last edited by fuzzybearz on Sep 6, 2014, 2:29:04 AM
So. i have few questions for you,
why not take "Iron reflexes",
since you took "Unawaring stance", your evasion becomes 0,
so why not convert the wasted evasion to armour?

and second,
why havent you maxed out shield block,
you have left many shield block skills, may i ask why?
"
delpnazz wrote:
So. i have few questions for you,
why not take "Iron reflexes",
since you took "Unawaring stance", your evasion becomes 0,
so why not convert the wasted evasion to armour?

IR (and the nodes towards it) are wasted if you use only armor gear like OP does.

"

and second,
why havent you maxed out shield block,
you have left many shield block skills, may i ask why?

You may only have 75% block (Mortezzah has 75%), further block nodes add nothing.

---

"
Mortezzah wrote:

You could actually add a warning sign to this thread:
This build/setup is tailored for a mirror sword and some other uberexpensive gear.

You are able to run a tree with literally zero DpS and a 4L main attack, but I would never recommend your tree to anyone who does not own (or is close to owning) a 500+ DpS onehander.
It also has to be a sword/axe, as you need Cleave/Reave +Conc Effect's 70% more damage to get to any DpS that is not laughably low for an Endgame build.
(I know DpS is obviously not your goal, but you have to be able to kill at least some monsters)

For a "normal" player who can probably only get his hands on a 300-350 DpS weapon ever, I'd always recommend getting a 5-6L chestpiece and a skilltree with at least twice as many damage nodes, probably by cutting the spellblock in witch area (12 skillpoints saved) and investing all of them into damage.

You are sitting at 18-25k DpS, players with "normal" weapons would do roughly 9-12k. If not teamed up with high DpS mates, I see no way to level past 90 with such DpS. ;)
I already feel slow with 18k DpS doing lvl66 Piety runs. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 12, 2014, 6:07:20 AM
Peterlerock -- lol, he wrote that in this post (ltr dude):

"Cons:
Expensive
Uses legacy gear
Decent tank DPS, but still crappy DPS relatively speaking"

If you have the $, this is the best all-around tank in POE (which can be optimized for specific fights).

-
Last edited by Grindrix on Sep 16, 2014, 12:53:43 AM
You just need to adapt and play better. They add in options for white sockets -- use them to optimize against fights. They add in better crafting options -- opening up more variability. They tweak build trees. etc. They added in a bunch of new mods -- get faster on reacting (whether it is corrupting blood or whatever). Melee has it rough relative to ranged right now, and like always, that pendulum will swing again.

Each patch new things come up -- the good players adapt, the bad players die and complain. As it has always been in games, as it will always remain.

I've still yet to see any tank be able to handle as many different scenarios as this build. Is it invulnerable? No. Is any build in the game immortal? No.

At the end of the day if you have > 9000 health and 75% block and 66% spell block and >= 75% max resists and over 60% chaos resist and > 1200 ES which you heal as you are hit (healing for tons since your armor is high) and you can't be stunned and have 80% physical damage reduction and over 440 life regen/s and 10%+ life leech -- and you can curse (temp chains / enfeeble) + more on CWDT (imm call if you want, or decoy totems, or regen totems or etc)-- well, it is pretty darn hard to be more tanky than that. Was it tankier before 1.2? Probably. Is it still tanky as hell? Yes -- the stats speak for themselves. Do you need to adapt a bit on your playstyle? Sounds like it.
Last edited by brookeanimals on Sep 14, 2014, 11:33:36 PM
Hi:
Since you have Resolute technique and you don't care about accuracy, what new mode would you reccomend for replacing the last one on the Carrion bite Sword (+128 to accuracy rating)?
- 'Bleeding on hit'
- '4% Life leech'
- (any other suggestion?)

Txs for your time and for sharing your wisdom :)
Gusti_POE
Hello everybody! And congratulations Mortezzah for a really tanky build!!:)

I'm trying this build in hc, because it matches my playstyle(I like facetanking things too:) )
Although I don't have high hopes when it comes to the items I'll be able to find/purchase or craft and I know that they won't come close to what you've posted in the OP, I really like the tankiness of this build:)

I was wondering if perhaps u can find the time to post a lvling guide in the OP? I know you posted one in the first few pages but those point to the old tree:(
It would really help and make the progression a lot smoother for me, if u did...

Thank you in advance and congrats again on a really wonderfull build:)
"Too Wierd To Live... Too Rare To Die...."
Personal Motto

Finally made it to lvl 100... Only took me 3 years...:) :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info