*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

"
_avenged_ wrote:

. Which areas would you recommend modifying? I like the idea of getting enough resistance from the grid so I don't have to balance that out on equips.

It would really depend on your gear, but I think the tweaks you have made would be worth testing -- but, you don't have a lot of endurance charges which I found make you feel pretty invincible once you are at 90% physical damage reduction... plus they help with resistances.. Something to consider.

Aegis gets more powerful the more ES you have, so losing Body and Soul is a trade-off worse testing.

Depending on your int, you could either take the +10 node by Steelskin or the +10 str node below (alternatively, you could also look into the +30 int Hard Knocks, if you have another node to get across the chasm there).

Depending on how your resistances end up, you might wanna lose the dex node and Diamond Flesh and take 2 +15 specific res nodes.
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
bowing out
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Last edited by FullCust on Oct 7, 2014, 10:57:21 PM
hey gel, finaly took a look after u dinged. nice guide.
i looked ure spec vs mine. ures offer more hit point over all, but are shielded by a small pool, when taking several large chunks, u stand vunerable if not regening before a new hit,

with abit gear tweak ill reach 8k, but with block to intire pool+ Leach intire pool. 3-5 times per secound(depend on crit or not) since from seeing ure double minus dom, having pot active, u never seemed to take past 6,5 in one hit, i wud belive i cud pull it of to(just dont like to die :) since ill reach full pool 0,3 sec later block or not.(and deal 3x dps)

can u tell me if i miss something in the calc before i go try it?
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
Last edited by Jauer on Feb 10, 2014, 4:44:11 AM
"
FullCust wrote:
I can't wait to do something like this in HC - but with more ES and less life/chaos resist;

I was thinking about using shav's ring as well - what do you think? I would use Arm/ES gear on Helm and Glove spot and try look for hybrid Jewelry - might even drop non-Legacy Kaom's for a 6L saintly - getting a Leg-Kaom is just far too hard and expensive atm and I don't think a non-Leg is going to cut it

My little show case:

Spoiler

hi just noticed. ure post while i wrote a reply,

i tested shav ring. on my blocker, and thats a ci with 7k es. the ring offers nothing for this kind of build, ure block regen fills ure pool instandly, the ring so Little thats its irrelevant. with my 7k es the only thing i gained from it was being able to afk ontop of burning ground.
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
"
Mortezzah wrote:
"
_avenged_ wrote:

. Which areas would you recommend modifying? I like the idea of getting enough resistance from the grid so I don't have to balance that out on equips.

It would really depend on your gear, but I think the tweaks you have made would be worth testing -- but, you don't have a lot of endurance charges which I found make you feel pretty invincible once you are at 90% physical damage reduction... plus they help with resistances.. Something to consider.

Aegis gets more powerful the more ES you have, so losing Body and Soul is a trade-off worse testing.

Depending on your int, you could either take the +10 node by Steelskin or the +10 str node below (alternatively, you could also look into the +30 int Hard Knocks, if you have another node to get across the chasm there).

Depending on how your resistances end up, you might wanna lose the dex node and Diamond Flesh and take 2 +15 specific res nodes.

Thanks Mortezzah. I'll definitely consider the endurance charges since I'm thinking of the usual CWDT+Enduring Cry+Immortal Call combo on a Lioneye's Remorse.

I'm not going to spec for ES + Aegis as I feel it would be too expensive an item to depend on for the build right away, plus there's a chance it might get nerfed.

Will also take your suggestion about resistance nodes into consideration. Thanks!

EDIT: Slight update with more endurance charges, but this is 99 points...

Last edited by _avenged_ on Feb 10, 2014, 5:09:35 AM
nice boss tanking vids, there is hope :D
very very nice build :)

Can you give a update from your Leveling passives? 20,40,60,80,100?
"
FullCust wrote:
I can't wait to do something like this in HC - but with more ES and less life/chaos resist;

I was thinking about using shav's ring as well - what do you think? I would use Arm/ES gear on Helm and Glove spot and try look for hybrid Jewelry - might even drop non-Legacy Kaom's for a 6L saintly - getting a Leg-Kaom is just far too hard and expensive atm and I don't think a non-Leg is going to cut it

I actually tested a few variants of my build with Shav's ring (with a Legacy Soul Taker when I tested), with a 6L ES, and with a 6L off-color Shav's (one of my variants had like 5000/5000). In the end I didn't quite like the various tradeoffs (for example, how blood rage interacted with Shav's, or how much end-game health I had, etc). I felt Legacy Kaom's was simply too much to pass up on to best counter all mods on all bosses (but yes, it is expensive). A non-legacy Kaoms is still pretty powerful (-1500ish hits @100 theoretically, but I'd like to try one on to verify), though a 6L is a fine tradeoff (can still get decent health with some tweaks, and have lots more DPS w/ more ES... the big boss shots under nasty mods and such will have higher probability of dropping you of course).

If you can afford the regrets then I would do some testing and see what you think of the results...
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Feb 10, 2014, 12:27:24 PM
"
Jauer wrote:
hey gel, finaly took a look after u dinged. nice guide.
i looked ure spec vs mine. ures offer more hit point over all, but are shielded by a small pool, when taking several large chunks, u stand vunerable if not regening before a new hit,

with abit gear tweak ill reach 8k, but with block to intire pool+ Leach intire pool. 3-5 times per secound(depend on crit or not) since from seeing ure double minus dom, having pot active, u never seemed to take past 6,5 in one hit, i wud belive i cud pull it of to(just dont like to die :) since ill reach full pool 0,3 sec later block or not.(and deal 3x dps)

can u tell me if i miss something in the calc before i go try it?

Hey Jauer, thanks.

I'd need to see a lot more data on your build/specs before I could intelligently answer that. Some bosses can still 1 shot you at 8k sometimes -- for example, a desync at Dominus TOG (perhaps standing on shock) and you can get hit for over 10,500 (though it is rare)... so while viable, 8k is too small a buffer for me. Between my regenning with bloodrage/passives and my block, and the natural swing/damage mechanisms that are currently in place with bosses, I didn't feel vulnerable (just the opposite ;)). Still, 8k will be great for 99.99% of the time, but for certain mods / certain bosses / certain conditions, you risk goes up. On another note -- I tested VP out and personally didn't like the implications for an end-game tank (desync, the luxury of regen, etc), but it did make for some fun testing.
"
Nightflowne wrote:
very very nice build :)

Can you give a update from your Leveling passives? 20,40,60,80,100?

Thanks... From 0 to 60 I would just do any Facebreakers & Infernal Blow variant to level quickly (that would be a day's time). I would aim to get Blood Drinker and Resolute Technique around level 20.

I'd look something like this at 60:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQY5ErwUIBkuGjIaVRv6HRQl3yftKMU26DbpR35MNVBHUFBRYFPfVElXDVhjWNtZ818_YEthIWSjZS9lTWaebmlwfXKpdO15wHrvfNmE2YTvjM-QVZHOm4OezZ_LoLSkGacwp4SplayqrK-53b6nwA_AGsOGxLjG2NIh0k3Uj9X42WHjaudS55Hu2e8O877z3fZI97760vuq

... and then something like this at 80:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecFLQY5EPASvBLhFCAZLhoyGjgaVRv6HRQl3yftKMUwdTGeNZI26DbpR35MNU3jUEdQUFFgU99USVcNWGNYr1jbWfNfP2BLYSFko2UvZU1mnm5pcH1yqXTteA15wHrvfNmE2YTvhymI8YzPkFWRzprMm4OezZ_LoLSkGaZXpzCnhKluqZWsWayqrK-suq-itfK53b6nwA_AGsOGxLjG2NIh0k3Uj9X42WHh2uNq51Lnke7Z7w7zvvPd9kj3vvrS-6r-jw==

... but it would really depend on what gear you had :) Like, if you had Soultaker then I would avoid the mana nodes, etc.

If you are making a new guy and show me what gear you have available to you at different levels, I'll give you my 2 cents for a tank. Just PM me.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Feb 15, 2014, 10:15:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info