[1.3] Templar Summoner a.k.a The Pillager - HC/Bloodlines - Updated

can i use this build for soft core templer ?
"
Takah1ro wrote:
can i use this build for soft core templer ?

Sure man. I play only hc leagues so I made it for that purpose. As in, not to die :) In SC you can even lose some life nodes and take more mana, dmg, whatever. But, to be honest, you won't do much direct damage whatever you do :) It is, after all, focused on minions.
IGN: @ToeTags
Guild: SSDD
"
ampdgmr wrote:
"
Working great for now. I'l check it out on higher level & harder maps once I get the gem up to 18 at least. But, from what I've seen on my previous char, their life is not the issue, sustainability is. Well, in longer fights, and there are some hard bosses on 76+. So it could work. Can't say for sure ofc.
LL wiould be incredible with Mon'tregul's Grasp. ~100%dmg on zombies, with massive base life boost. I hope I'll see for myself one day :)

I'll buy a Mon'tregul's and try it right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

"A level 68 Raised Zombie (i.e. summoned by a level 20 gem) on a character with no specific minion bonuses, attacks for 468-1093 physical damage."

Only problem I have with Mon'Treguls is I have to do so much swapping.. not really but idk, I'm lazy.

Oh man. I wish I could just buy it for fun :) This respec bled me dry. Hence the cheap gear. But hey, tat was the point of this char, cheap and safe with crazy dps.

Please give us an update how it works with Mon'tregul's.
I use this build for Arctic Amour. Arctic Armour is great. :))

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGeTOr0nGDz56ILHKPrT--vu6rqofRNsuJN6qjeDWpEGSacImuCm62qsna6PRtkLRZ0sphps0NAqmDdmGYWmrJuhz2X6gDQKJKqIQPfXVca0DDbpkDPMvJMn42r60hCXhWAc3L-X3FdmnhcvRASqxH_GyT0elMAacU1k54bRTbmioyepflkRlvIerD-QVZrPVdYksMHzWm1wu6eEQ2OApIIeJDzZExo4tzHbC6dcL2_sOFj1SVE62J3ETdiePIx2gW8EsxRN8B8CcaIADkidqmKs1p0=

Last edited by powermonger on Feb 12, 2014, 3:52:46 PM
Yup, pretty close to what I had in mind with Templar. Tell me, whats your armour at and how does it perform on Kole merci hits? If you have tested it :)
I've been using this build as a general guide for my templar summoner. Everything was great until the dominus fight on normal. He absolutely wrecked me.

My minions didn't stand a chance. My main offensive skill, arc, being a more supplemental skill rather then a heavy dmg one, barely scratched him. It was a frustrating experience.
"
nateedubs wrote:
I've been using this build as a general guide for my templar summoner. Everything was great until the dominus fight on normal. He absolutely wrecked me.

My minions didn't stand a chance. My main offensive skill, arc, being a more supplemental skill rather then a heavy dmg one, barely scratched him. It was a frustrating experience.

Yes, leveling can be a major pain in the ass. Positioning is a big thing in Dominus fight also. Only thing that hurts minions there is his fist smash thing, and you can hear him clearly before he cast it. So you have 3 sec to pop quicksilver and run away far enough so your minions can spawn on you.
What I did at that point was Spectral Throw + FA + LMP on Queens Decree. That did the trick for me. What you can also do is grab 1 ... cant remember the name now... those sceptre of god mobs with shield on them, and run 1bm and 1 of those (you can use bones of ullr to get that extra specter for that fight). If he casts his shield you can use it to block dominus ranged attacks.
And if you see that you are weak, just farm a bit. Get couple of levels on you, level up the gems, try to get some better gear, etc.
Last edited by ComradeMrki on Feb 11, 2014, 3:09:25 PM
"
Ps. Hey guys, I am at GMT+1 Zone and I leave the game running over night so I don't have to re-summon everything the next day :)

Thats pretty hilarious considering it takes around 3 minutes to snapshot all your stuff.
"
CptQaoz wrote:
"
Ps. Hey guys, I am at GMT+1 Zone and I leave the game running over night so I don't have to re-summon everything the next day :)

Thats pretty hilarious considering it takes around 3 minutes to snapshot all your stuff.

Well, my computer is online 24/7 anyway, so why not leave PoE running in the background? And yea, I am very lazy man :)

Oh yea, I tend to run with 76+ Burning Miscreations, so why waste time and currency on rolling new maps to get em.

So, not only lazy, but also cheap as hell :)
Last edited by ComradeMrki on Feb 11, 2014, 5:28:41 PM
Toetags, what is your opinion on Concentrated Effect? Would that be a better sub for Increased Burning Damage or no? What are your thoughts on this setup, I read from a Reddit post by user "MaxBonerstorm" here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1wh8hd/question_best_support_gems_for_burned_miscreation/

"I've played with this a ton and I have a definitive set up for BMs after about 7 different 60+ summoners (current is 78 and by far my strongest summoner to date)

With a Tabula snapshotting I socket:

Spectre (quality is nice here, 20% not neeeded)
Remote Mine (no quality needed)
Trap (no quality needed)
Conc Effect (no quality needed)
Minion Life (20% preferred)
Minion Damage (Item Rarity after upcoming patch in certain situations, 20% preferred)
With my dual curses and stacking shock this results in instant death to absolutely everything a BM touches, with near instant death to pretty much every boss as well. I only run 4 zombies purposely (not getting the last node in the line of minion buff passives) top reduce clutter and let my BMs get to the target faster.

With Flammability and Ele Weakness, EE debuff, shock stacking with arc, and that set up there is very few map conditions you cant simply walk through and not care about. Even in parties my damage is so much better than everyone else in my party that it makes a lot of the game content trivial."

Thoughts on this? Would love your input!

P.S. Just read on your FAQ that supposedly the Sunblast + Trap + Mine combo will be nerfed in 1.1.0, so perhaps I should replace the trap + mine combo with Minion Damage + Increased Burning Damage? What would be the best case setup if the nerf is true?
Last edited by Corsica96 on Feb 12, 2014, 2:37:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info