Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[1.3] Templar Summoner a.k.a The Pillager - HC/Bloodlines - Updated

Your marauder tree just made me realize an obvious oversight in the templar tree that I didn't previously notice.

Why waste 8 points on 10 int nodes going north in the Templar tree, when you can do what you did in the Marauder tree. You can spend 7 points to get to the same location, and those 7 points grant you 36% more ES, and 10 int.. vs 80 int.

So.. 36% es + 10 int for 7 points

vs... 80 int for 8 points

Only argument for going North is the curse nodes, but lets be honest those aren't great.

Example of build.. only 104 points used

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAW8CcQSzBVsGSQ5IEJcRlhNsFE0WbxcvGYUaOBpsHNwelCQ8JKonqSj6KpgvbzLRNuk3RzrYQ2NEBEVHRZ1JUU25TdhVxlXWWPVabVqRYqxk52aeZ71qrGuscLtxTXqqf8aApIFvgseFYIhAjHaPRpAzkFWTJ5itms-a4Juhnaqdrp3EnjyiAKaspwinXKeEqH2qxKw_tzG4k7-XwBrJPcy8z2XQ0NP71p3ZC9kT3Ffjauvu7DjwH_F28h731_no-oD60uq6hEg8jlfJtAw0Cg==
Last edited by ampdgmr on Feb 8, 2014, 2:56:26 PM
Yea I know, not only curse nodes, I also wanted to be able to grab EB when I hit high enough Armour and ES so I can run Arctic Armour constantly, and that would be beastly, but would require pretty expensive gear. Well, that was my plan anyway :)

Oooh! With that es nodes path, you can spend that extra 5 points on Inner Force and extra 16% aura effect nodes (2x8%) on the west aura cluster. And that remaining point for, perhaps, 10% extra chance to shock. That could be awesome.

Like this http://bit.ly/1bAbNIY

Or grab more life and regen + 16% aura effect.

Like this http://bit.ly/1fMpZ3W

Oh yea (5th edit)...

I am using Multistrike + Splash + Life Leech on my zombies. I barely even use pots while mapping. Tbh, I am still in low level maps with my marauder (66-69), my zombies and specters are zero qual now and only lvl 16.
IGN: @ToeTags
Guild: SSDD
Last edited by ComradeMrki on Feb 8, 2014, 7:23:36 PM
Hi guys,

Guide is completely rewritten. Should be better now. Tell me if I have missed anything.

Thanks
Last edited by ComradeMrki on Feb 9, 2014, 12:39:19 PM
"
Yea I know, not only curse nodes, I also wanted to be able to grab EB when I hit high enough Armour and ES so I can run Arctic Armour constantly, and that would be beastly, but would require pretty expensive gear. Well, that was my plan anyway :)

Oooh! With that es nodes path, you can spend that extra 5 points on Inner Force and extra 16% aura effect nodes (2x8%) on the west aura cluster. And that remaining point for, perhaps, 10% extra chance to shock. That could be awesome.

Like this http://bit.ly/1bAbNIY

Or grab more life and regen + 16% aura effect.

Like this http://bit.ly/1fMpZ3W

Oh yea (5th edit)...

I am using Multistrike + Splash + Life Leech on my zombies. I barely even use pots while mapping. Tbh, I am still in low level maps with my marauder (66-69), my zombies and specters are zero qual now and only lvl 16.

Yes.. yes I like the increased aura effect allot. I also would highly consider Discipline now. Not only are you getting more value with the new %es path, but you're making it stronger with increased aura effect. Not to mention it works on minions very well.
Oh, I was thinking about it. But there is no way in hell for me to nudge another aura in. Especially since Discipline is 60% base, like Determination. Perhaps with 20/20 Reduced mana, and grabbing another 5% reserve node south-east. That's only 3 points, so it is very doable. I will have to try it out once I level up and qual my gems.

And some good news, I am endgame viable with my marauder now. Done maps up to 73, still need higher level minion gems and quality on em. Not to mention that I am down to 5L specters now, and running 7+2.

Here are my stats now with gear that is worth exactly 22 chaos. No chaos resi, but screw it, I'll get those 2 nodes and be careful till I find an upgrade.

Last edited by ComradeMrki on Feb 9, 2014, 6:33:10 PM
Nice, that belt is pretty sexy. How is life leech on zombies over minion life working out?
Working great for now. I'l check it out on higher level & harder maps once I get the gem up to 18 at least. But, from what I've seen on my previous char, their life is not the issue, sustainability is. Well, in longer fights, and there are some hard bosses on 76+. So it could work. Can't say for sure ofc.
LL wiould be incredible with Mon'tregul's Grasp. ~100%dmg on zombies, with massive base life boost. I hope I'll see for myself one day :)
ToeTags you can use Smoke Mine to gather up your minions
Yea, Remote Mine with Sunblast. I know, but I've read that they will nerf that so I am trying to ignore stuff I wont be able to use once new Leagues come out :)
To be honest, I am trying to find a 6s/5l chest and completely ignore snapshotting. I made this build late in the league, so its primary purpose, for me anyway, was to make something that can be viable in new hc league. Ofc, new tree will come out, so there will be plenty of changes, but hey, I'll adapt :)
Last edited by ComradeMrki on Feb 10, 2014, 1:29:10 PM
"
Working great for now. I'l check it out on higher level & harder maps once I get the gem up to 18 at least. But, from what I've seen on my previous char, their life is not the issue, sustainability is. Well, in longer fights, and there are some hard bosses on 76+. So it could work. Can't say for sure ofc.
LL wiould be incredible with Mon'tregul's Grasp. ~100%dmg on zombies, with massive base life boost. I hope I'll see for myself one day :)

I'll buy a Mon'tregul's and try it right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

"A level 68 Raised Zombie (i.e. summoned by a level 20 gem) on a character with no specific minion bonuses, attacks for 468-1093 physical damage."

Only problem I have with Mon'Treguls is I have to do so much swapping.. not really but idk, I'm lazy.
Last edited by ampdgmr on Feb 10, 2014, 1:46:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info