[1.0.6 HC/Nemesis] Ninja Crit Caster (5x10.9k FP DPS) [Videos]

You went acro / PA just because you didnt feel tanky enough. Evasion and acro generally go hand in hand, again because of the tree placement and all the fake 'freedom' the tree provides (yeah loved that when I was starting out lol what a noob I was) In fact your gear list dictates looking for ev gear. If you want to specifically go with acro vs armor, then armor is even more superior because acro gives 50% less overall. Its a no comparison really, and yes acro does suck against certain attacks and map mods at endgame. Also yeah agreed that stuff like evangelists (spells?), the cockatrice shit that shoots volleys (attacks not spells), ek hits (i think the museum one is attack not spell, weaver is spell tho and weaver is all chaos i think) and bear traps, armor just eats this shit up. Evasion / acro hurts a lot vs these.

As for you stacking hp, well all I gotta say is you still got 4k, despite the last life buff and the fact you say you have so much free points to spare. Same gear but left side of the tree would have easily been 5.5k - 6k.
Last edited by rhoasjustkilledmybaby on Jan 31, 2014, 10:43:30 AM
"
You went acro / PA just because you didnt feel tanky enough. Evasion and acro generally go hand in hand, again because of the tree placement and all the fake 'freedom' the tree provides (yeah loved that when I was starting out lol what a noob I was) In fact your gear list dictates looking for ev gear. If you want to specifically go with acro vs armor, then armor is even more superior because acro gives 50% less overall. Its a no comparison really, and yes acro does suck against certain attacks and map mods at endgame. Also yeah agreed that stuff like evangelists (spells?), the cockatrice shit that shoots volleys (attacks not spells), ek hits (i think the museum one is attack not spell, weaver is spell tho and weaver is all chaos i think) and bear traps, armor just eats this shit up. Evasion / acro hurts a lot vs these.

As for you stacking hp, well all I gotta say is you still got 4k, despite the last life buff and the fact you say you have so much free points to spare.

Actually, I went acro/pa because:

1. I wanted to try it out
2. It was the only way to further mitigate elemental reflect

My gear list dictates looking for ev/es gear ideally. However, if you look at the gear I actually have, you'll realise that the evasion component of it is pathetically insignificant. I didn't even bother using grace.

They each have their strong points. From a theory point of view, armour may seem better. However, from actual gameplay, Acro/PA can be more useful because the main killer in maps is elemental damage. The only real physical damage-based monster that hurts is the Academy map boss, but he can be kited at least so it's not too bad. At worst, you can just fall back on EC + IC.

I've got 4.9k HP as a shadow with only 211% increased life. However, I also had 2282 mana after reservation, which makes up a total of a 7182 damage buffer.

The only reason I couldn't get more HP was because shadow sucks for a life-based caster and in hindsight I should have built from an op scion starting point.

If you look at the scion version - I would have gotten 251% incr. life with +58 base life, which with the same pieces of gear as my shadow would have given me 5733 HP for a combined total of around 8000 damage buffer points without having to compromise on DPS nor worry about evasion on gear.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
I didnt click the link of akira, is it the oneshot by rhoa?
"

No. It was his recent L99 death at Palace Dominus. Rhoas don't even do that much damage any more. Doubt people still get one shot by those.
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
"

No. It was his recent L99 death at Palace Dominus. Rhoas don't even do that much damage any more. Doubt people still get one shot by those.

I just watched the dominus video now. He wasnt stacking enough armor, or it had the mods I told you (-max, vuln, exta dmg).

Its a dual strike build, so not so much armor, and he didnt pop flasks. I took less than 3k damage from the smash with 81 light res and 65k armor, and ~4500 with a crit, which is impressive reduction, considering the palace one hits for 6k/6k and 9k/9k on a crit. Residence one hits for 4k/4k and 6k/6k, just like vaal but phys/ltng instead of phys/fire.

Rhoas never got nerfed. And yeah he got killed by extra cold -max map rhoa rare with extra cold / extra dmg mods on it xD

"
Invalesco wrote:
"

DPS got nothing to do with survivability.

I disagree - the higher your DPS, the lesser the amount of time you are required to take hits from mobs and hence the lesser amount of damage you receive.

"
There isnt much difference between an armor build and IR build because most builds that use armor are in that part of the tree and have evasion on gear too, and space to run grace most of the time.

I disagree. IR builds use evasion gear not armour gear. Armour builds are templars/maras, most of whom will not venture into the duelist area to grab IR if they want to optimise their DPS at the same time.

This is why I hate arguing with people like you who will sidetrack and nitpick and drag me down to the depths of the shithole of absurdity just so they can have their say in any way possible.

(1) Dps got nothing to do with it; we were talking about one shots.

(2) Armor and IR builds --> final numbers are the same. All IR builds do is substitute armor gear for evasion gear, the values and % of scaling points is more or less the same; ie you can still get obscene amounts with both. Most marauder and templar builds without ES or evasion (lol) take IR too, whether or not they are wearing armor or evasion gear. There is just no point to not taking it when evasion is doing nothing to your build.
Last edited by rhoasjustkilledmybaby on Feb 1, 2014, 2:22:21 AM
I just wanted to ask if CoD is mandatory for the build or I can go w/out it atleast in the start
"
Vennegar wrote:
I just wanted to ask if CoD is mandatory for the build or I can go w/out it atleast in the start

Yup you can go without it in the start. It's a unique that's only possible to put on at around level 52 anyway!
Build of the Week 14
Nice, also why aren't u getting the eva/es circle in the shadow start w/out the ES CDR notes
"
Vennegar wrote:
Nice, also why aren't u getting the eva/es circle in the shadow start w/out the ES CDR notes

Good question. Main reason was because the ES bonus would be halved since I was taking acrobatics anyway, and the evasion bonus isn't as great as say, %mana or %life.
Build of the Week 14
True, but I played around with the build, changed some points and got 221% life and the eva/es circle on the cost of Heart of Oak and Ballistic Mastery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info