[1.1.2] Ultimate Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch / 21k dps x 5 (with a Video)

I like the concept of the build. But especially with the buffs to arc that just came into play the almost instant death towards ele reflect needs to be dealt with somehow.
Last edited by jellyfish87 on Apr 7, 2014, 3:19:21 AM

Arc just got OP! :O
"
AbyssGFX wrote:
Arc just got OP! :O

Yeah, seriously. I don't think it needed that big of a damage buff.

I guess the best way to adjust to these changes is to lower the amount of passives spent in +damage nods (because it won't be needed anymore) and increase the ones in life/defense nods.

For instance, at level 87, I would probably change my passive tree to something like this :

Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Apr 7, 2014, 11:25:44 AM
Update the Original post with the new post-patch numbers. Dps went from 13k x 3 to 21k dps x 5.

Or from 39k to 105k, a 169% increase.

So, if it was already powerful before, imagine how good it is now...
Last edited by Velkor on Apr 11, 2014, 2:03:49 PM
Last edited by xxxsirkillalotxxx on Apr 8, 2014, 10:01:38 AM
I saw your build back in Domination, and I didn't have time to make a new char. I guess now is the perfect time because of the Arc buff. That thing is so much better now.

I go as a Shadow instead, kinda like his voice acting. This wouldn't really change the tree much, if at all. One thing though, I don't get why you don't take Elemental Adaptation? You're only 1 point away from it. It'd help dealing with reflect, although I'm not sure if it's gonna be enough.

My char has already gotten into Cruel, but I had quite a tough time in Lunaris and while fighting Dominus. How do you deal with high burst damage like Kole? Storm Call isn't particularly good against him, at least from my experience, because you need to be mobile in this fight. Basically, I think even with the buff, Arc shouldn't be used for single target, and Storm Call without Reduced Duration is difficult to use against highly mobile mob, which most bosses/uniques are in this game. Maybe I'm just not use to their walk speed yet, but this is what've been struggling with for the past 2 days.

All in all, thank you for the great guide and fun build. Seriously, gotta give you props to pull off Arc quite decently before the buff.
"
Asperior wrote:
I saw your build back in Domination, and I didn't have time to make a new char. I guess now is the perfect time because of the Arc buff. That thing is so much better now.

I go as a Shadow instead, kinda like his voice acting. This wouldn't really change the tree much, if at all. One thing though, I don't get why you don't take Elemental Adaptation? You're only 1 point away from it. It'd help dealing with reflect, although I'm not sure if it's gonna be enough.

My char has already gotten into Cruel, but I had quite a tough time in Lunaris and while fighting Dominus. How do you deal with high burst damage like Kole? Storm Call isn't particularly good against him, at least from my experience, because you need to be mobile in this fight. Basically, I think even with the buff, Arc shouldn't be used for single target, and Storm Call without Reduced Duration is difficult to use against highly mobile mob, which most bosses/uniques are in this game. Maybe I'm just not use to their walk speed yet, but this is what've been struggling with for the past 2 days.

All in all, thank you for the great guide and fun build. Seriously, gotta give you props to pull off Arc quite decently before the buff.

For many bosses, I've found that Spark works better than Storm Call. Just use it instead, with exactly the same support gems : Critical dmg, Lightning Penetration and Faster Casting.
Can you update with screenshots of offence/defence & tooltips?
Great build, working on an arc witch right now. I facetanked Dominus in cruel without dying, love the DPS and all. Also love the fact that I can just hold Q and watch everything die without me having to think about aiming and timing like on my flameblast build. I have a few, uh, gripes about missing quality-of-life points in the recommended tree. I've been trying to follow the recommended path but it's not completely efficient.

For one, I think that the first 40% mana regen node is pretty essential in early game, and it scales incredibly well with Clarity. Mana is extremely problematic on an early-game version of this build to the point where I even had to run mana leech (+penetration +life leech) on the arc. I also think that taking the +30str Might would really help with early game and lessen the necessity to find a +strength item for armor, and the +30 dex also helps with Arctic Armor/Haste. If I forsee further problems in getting decent str/dex items I might even grab myself one or two of the other +30s by Clear Mind until I can find decent stat items for this build. Those can be refunded later on anyways. It's also tough seeing Reduced Mana Reservation (by Bloodthirst) being skipped over, it's a swell node that's right on the path and it saves a bit of mana especially when running so many auras later on.

Also, the 25% crit next to the starting point really doesn't pay off until much much later; I would have gotten it around ~60 points.

Other than those few gripes in the tree, I think the build is great; I'm experiencing an excellent mix of DPS and tank and I thoroughly enjoy it. Can't wait to get a 6L body to get the power charge in and all.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Apr 11, 2014, 4:21:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info