[1.1.2] Ultimate Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch / 21k dps x 5 (with a Video)

"
Pumpizmus wrote:
Hi,

Great build, thank you. I'm having much fun with it.

I am only around lvl 60 now and my equipment is way sub-par yet but I am experimenting with the idea of using another arc on a totem for second skill.

Especially since they added more chaining to arcs I find it a very good support: fires simultaneously with you, solid DPS, spreads a lot of shock, distracts monsters (saved me with great many otherwise impossible Vaal bosses) and is elemental reflect immune which I think is the strongest pro. In addition, I keep it in Moonorrow for now and the blind it spreads is a nice touch as well.

I am but a noob so do you think it has potential / is it worth modifying the build towards it a bit?

Have a nice day.

Using an Arc totem in addition to self-cast Arc is not a bad idea. The only problem is that you can't use both devouring totem and an arc totem at the same time. You are gonna have to choose. There's also the sockets required for it. With molten shell, stormcall (or spark), enduring cry and conductivity, there's not much sockets left for a 3L or 4L totem. If you stop using devouring totem, you free up 2 sockets. I guess you could also use stormcall and/or molten shell with 1 less support.

As far as passives choices are concerned, I don't think the use of an arc totem should have much of an impact.
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Apr 24, 2014, 7:31:13 PM
Hello, Velkor! Thanks for nice build. I'm using it for my first character, but I found that critical nodes not justified, at least for the first character. Therefore I spent some regrets and make next build:

What you think about that? Any changes?
I think +armor/es nodes doesn't work fine becouse I've got selffound gear(exclude Moonsorrow):

Spoiler

And there some questions:
1) whether to include in a gear MF suffixes to search new items? Or easier to make summoner to MF?
2) which is better? 5L weak es chest or normal 4L armor/es? I think second better. But too hard to get 4-5 blue links :/
upd. did that stuf:
Spoiler

3) What cheap items I can search in trade channel or somewhere?? for upgrade my gear?

Many thanks and regards!
Use google translate, sorry if something wrong :)
Last edited by Lev1t on May 22, 2014, 9:12:55 AM
"
Lev1t wrote:
Hello, Velkor! Thanks for nice build. I'm using it for my first character, but I found that critical nodes not justified, at least for the first character. Therefore I spent some regrets and make next build:

What you think about that? Any changes?
I think +armor/es nodes doesn't work fine becouse I've got selffound gear(exclude Moonsorrow):

Spoiler

And there some questions:
1) whether to include in a gear MF suffixes to search new items? Or easier to make summoner to MF?
2) which is better? 5L weak es chest or normal 4L armor/es? I think second better. But too hard to get 4-5 blue links :/
upd. did that stuf:
Spoiler

3) What cheap items I can search in trade channel or somewhere?? for upgrade my gear?

Many thanks and regards!
Use google translate, sorry if something wrong :)

Your revised build look fine to me.

As far as chest is concerned, I highly suggest to get an Armor/ES one. If you are afraid to spend too much Chromatic orbs to get 5 blue sockets, you can get the ones with higher int requirement than strengh requirement. The higher is the int requirement, the higher is the probability to get blue sockets.

So, the best types of Chest would be :

Saintly Chainmail and Elegant Ringmail

I don't recommend any other types of ES/Armor chest for 5L, all blue sockets.
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
this build is "hardcore viable" ??? i like it, really, and want to try but i'm bored of standarad/ambush and waiting for the new leagues to a fresh start. i really like arc and this is by far the most friendly arc build for the casual player... and i have look a lot of builds xD.

so, if velkor (or anyone else) has tried this in hardcore please give me some feedback =)

Thanks for posting this build. I'm having a lot of fun with it and it's cruising through content very easily.

I did make a change to the passive route early on that I am now wondering may have been a mistake.
I thought it would be better for damage to go up to Static Blows via Fusillade, picking up damage every time, grabbing more damage per power charge.
However, do those Wand Elemental Damage nodes actually help my DPS with Arc? I know Fusillade works, but if the Wand Ele Dmg nodes were a mistake, I'll need to respec them.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMHpR8CLJw2xT9zQZZJslcrZ712EXjOfq-CEJuhwbTTG9sC37Dk7O5v

Your thoughts?
Now if I could just get some decent gear/slots/links, I think this general build will do pretty well.
Hi Velkor!

Have you tried this build with Spell Echo and Elem Prolif supporting Arc, instead of PCoC and Inc Crit Dmg? I have only a 4L right now with Arc/Light Pen/Echo/Elem Prolif and it's good DPS for just 4L.

Great guide. Thanks for the info!
Last edited by Arthikas on Aug 5, 2014, 11:19:17 PM
Hey there!

I was wondering if you're planning on updating the passive skill tree to the new one coming out with 1.2 update.

Other than that, amazing build you've got here, been having so much fun with this.
Bump
Last edited by Mouroult on Aug 18, 2014, 11:13:18 AM
I see your bump, and raise you 2 bumps.

for the love of arc!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info