[1.1.2] Ultimate Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch / 21k dps x 5 (with a Video)

"
FDru wrote:

I have one more quick question. In your mod spreadsheet it lists the highest mod lvl for ES/armor pieces to be 78, but in the wiki they are listed as 79 for shields and armor (Stun/block recovery). Which one is correct? (Ultimately I want to know what ilvl items to look for if I intend to craft my own)

Thanks for the heads up. The highest item level for Stun Recovery mod is indeed level 79. I fixed it !

If you have other questions comments on the Mod Compendium, use this thread : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/54167
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Mar 23, 2014, 1:26:44 PM
Hi Velkor. I'm trying this build, working on transition from Spark/Zombies, etc. Arc is much more fun to play IMHO than that or Fireball. Looks good so far, and threads like this have been very useful. Thanks!

However, I'm wondering if Throatseeker (for the +45% Crit Strike Multi) is better for Arc than either Bloodthirst or Assassination? I mention it because with Charan's Arc Shadow build (who BTW suggested your witch build to me), he recommends high Crit Multi, hence why I'm still using Facebreaker Mitts until I get something better.

Last edited by Arthikas on Mar 23, 2014, 3:16:53 PM
"
Arthikas wrote:
Hi Velkor. I'm trying this build, working on transition from Spark/Zombies, etc. Arc is much more fun to play IMHO than that or Fireball. Looks good so far, and threads like this have been very useful. Thanks!

However, I'm wondering if Throatseeker (for the +45% Crit Strike Multi) is better for Arc than either Bloodthirst or Assassination? I mention it because with Charan's Arc Shadow build (who BTW suggested your witch build to me), he recommends high Crit Multi, hence why I'm still using Facebreaker Mitts until I get something better.

Personally, I'd rather Bloodthirst and Assassination than Throatseeker for many reasons :

-First, too much crit multi doesn't help very much. Its more dangerous against reflect and its often overkill, particularly when you already get shock multiplier.

-The crit multi of the build is already high thanks for Crit multi gem. I also suggest to get a high crit multi amulet. Crit multi from equipment is more efficient than crit multi from passives.

-You can't never have too much Crit chance.

-More crit chance means more chance to proc Power charge on Crit which, again, means even more crit chance.

-More crit chance means more chance to shock.

Some things there I wasn't aware of. I'll adjust the build accordingly if/when I can.

Is there a point of diminishing returns with Crit multi? IOW, say I have an +80 Crit Strike Multi wand/dagger, is that enough or would a CSM amulet etc. still be desireable?

Thanks!
Last edited by Arthikas on Mar 25, 2014, 10:56:52 PM
Looks like a fun build to play. But i notice you dont use any life leech at all? Not an expert but i think u are gonna get huge problems when you do higher level maps. Can you explain to me why you decided to not use life leech?
I am newbie player and chose this build after couple of tries with other classes and specs (spectral throw shadow and phys frenzy + split arrow ranger) which failed miserably after hitting a NOGEAR wall in acts 2-3 Merciless.

This build is absolutely different. It's really gear independent, the only item I bought so far is cheap Moonsorrow wand, all other gear I picked from the floor and its horrible tbh, aside for lucky 5-link chest which dropped from rogue exile. With measly 1900 hp and 470 ES, -37% Cold Res, 75% Fire and 71% Lighting Res I am steamrolling through act 3 Merciless like there is no tomorrow. Actually build is so good I am dying mainly because I start not paying attention to what enemies I face, game is so easy I had to check several times if I am really in Merciless!

Didn't take Eldritch Battery yet because I have no Dex on gear and cannot run AA and auras, so my only aura is Clarity. Zero mana problems as I have enough mana to kill 5-6 mobs from any pack (with 5-linked Arc) and then Devouring Totem comes into play, sustaining me with mana and life. Devouring Totem is an absolutely must have, not only because of its replenishment skills but a decoy ones too - most mobs consider it much more dangerous than myself for some reason and rush to kill it while I zap them freely.

So this build is very newbie friendly and I must thank you warmly for bringing such a great build to life!
"
royvisser1990 wrote:
Looks like a fun build to play. But i notice you dont use any life leech at all? Not an expert but i think u are gonna get huge problems when you do higher level maps. Can you explain to me why you decided to not use life leech?

Someone asked pretty much the same question earlier in this thread. I posted an answer at page 5, but I'll paste it here :

Spoiler
"
Vystral wrote:
Thanks for the response earlier. I have one question (I may have just missed this information completely), Where do get any kind of leech life from? How do you maintain your health pool?

I maintain my life pool with life regen (1% per second = about 42 life per second), devouring totem (299 life per corpse + 2.3 corpses per second = 699 life per second) and life potions :

(devouring totem setup)

Frankly, for the content I'm facing right now and with those 3 alternative solutions, I don't feel the need for the life leech gem .

Eventually though, at higher level, a 6L chest armor with life leech gem as the 5nd support, would allow me to deal with the very high-end content (the hardest bosses of the hardest maps, including Atziri). I'm not there yet though.

So, I do use Life leech : Devouring totem. With faster casting support, Haste and faster casting passives, I can leech as much as 700 life per second.

Also, being a life build, I can use life potions (including the very efficient sanctified life potions) which are usually enough to heal my wounds when in danger. CI builds can't do that.

So, the reason why I don't use the life leech is because I don't feel the need for it yet and I've been running high level maps, both solo and in parties. Using life leech instead of any of any of the support gems I'm using right now would significantly reduce my dps without giving much benefit in return. That being said, if I manage to get a 6L chest, I'll seriously consider a red socket for Item quantity, Empower or Life leech, depending on the situation.
Last edited by Velkor on Mar 28, 2014, 9:34:10 AM
"
buriburiburi wrote:
I am newbie player and chose this build after couple of tries with other classes and specs (spectral throw shadow and phys frenzy + split arrow ranger) which failed miserably after hitting a NOGEAR wall in acts 2-3 Merciless.

This build is absolutely different. It's really gear independent, the only item I bought so far is cheap Moonsorrow wand, all other gear I picked from the floor and its horrible tbh, aside for lucky 5-link chest which dropped from rogue exile. With measly 1900 hp and 470 ES, -37% Cold Res, 75% Fire and 71% Lighting Res I am steamrolling through act 3 Merciless like there is no tomorrow. Actually build is so good I am dying mainly because I start not paying attention to what enemies I face, game is so easy I had to check several times if I am really in Merciless!

Didn't take Eldritch Battery yet because I have no Dex on gear and cannot run AA and auras, so my only aura is Clarity. Zero mana problems as I have enough mana to kill 5-6 mobs from any pack (with 5-linked Arc) and then Devouring Totem comes into play, sustaining me with mana and life. Devouring Totem is an absolutely must have, not only because of its replenishment skills but a decoy ones too - most mobs consider it much more dangerous than myself for some reason and rush to kill it while I zap them freely.

So this build is very newbie friendly and I must thank you warmly for bringing such a great build to life!

Thanks for the comments/feedback and I'm glad you like the build !
Last edited by Velkor on Mar 28, 2014, 9:34:40 AM
Have been using Iron Will & Culling Strike with Arc sometimes until I can get a decent 5-6L. Perhaps blasphemy for this build - D: - but IW has no mana cost (Reduced Cast Speed until lvl 20 though). Have some totem gems (Decoy, Searing Bond, Flame, Shockwave) but not Devouring, Conductivity, Reduced Mana, etc. When I get those I'll drop Zombies & Shock Nova and should have passives adjusted by then.

A work in progress! Depending on gear/RNG, this should be a fun build.
"
Arthikas wrote:
Have been using Iron Will & Culling Strike with Arc sometimes until I can get a decent 5-6L. Perhaps blasphemy for this build - D: - but IW has no mana cost (Reduced Cast Speed until lvl 20 though).

I was having mana problems for a while due to not having any regen on gear. I used IW to slow down my mana consumption without lowering my dps. Now I'm still using it just because I haven't got anything else for the red link and it is now increasing my dps a large amount (higher str now, and less reduced cast speed).
---
To the OP: I like this build quite a bit but I'm playing Invasion and +160% hp is not nearly enough. I've had to make a great deal of cuts to the tree to get enough survivablity. Mostly in much less crit and cast speed. Happy tp report it is still working currently (at 62) both solo and party. My tree currently looks like this
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wSzB2MHpQj0DlwQdBGWEmkUTRVQFm8XHBmFGjgabBzcHwIkPCSqJ6kpTyycL28xiDbFNuk62EV-SVFJsk3YVcZXK1ptZ71tGXC7cXlzU3YReQN-r3_GgW-CEIIeiEKMdo9GkFWboZ2unjyiAKcIp1ynhMBUwbTBxcHzz2XQ0Ngk2RPa3dsL37DjauQi5OzsOO5v8B_yHfPd
I have almost 4k life and over-capped* res. The Holy Fire cluster is for SB, which is just OP in general, but truly hilarious against triple shocked foes. Also, since SB+arc handles large groups I've put conc effect on SC which has made it do huge damage to single targets.
My general plan for points going forward is about like this:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAnEC4wSzB2MHpQj0DkgOXBB0EZYTnhRNFVAWbxcvGYUaOBpsHNwfAiQ8JKomlSepLJwvbzGINsU26TrYQZZDY0V-SVFJsk3YVUtVxlXWVytY9VptXfJirGTnZp5nvW0ZcFJwu3DVcU1zU3YReQN-M36vf8aApIFvghCCHohCjDaMdo9GkFWaz5uhnaOdqp2uncSePKIAoi6kkacIp1ynhLcxwBrAVMG0wcXB889l0NDWndgk2RPa3dsL37DjauTs7Djub_Af8XbyHfPd-tL8qw==

Sadly, there is just no space at all for power charge related nodes afaict- or much cast speed and damage for that matter- but in Invasion slow clears are significantly better than fast deaths, as you can imagine. I think if I do RIP I'll keep going in standard and ramp up the attack side since it seems really fun...

*super important, ran in to Rima just an hour ago and thanks to 129% cold res her -50% frostbite was laughable instead of immediately deadly...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info